SPOILERS! Why do people hate on the story and concept of DmC?

#11Kou-Nurasaka(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 10:05:11 AM
roxas9001 posted...
The DMC series didn't have continuity errors til Crapcom got involved.

You are aware that Capcom published the first DMC, right?
#12pyro_buntaPosted 11/17/2012 10:09:31 AM
DMC isn't supposed to have the story as a main focus. The gameplay is the cake, the action is the icing, and story is like those strawberries or chocolates on top. If you played DMC for the story, not for gameplay, Dante, and over-the-top cutscenes and music, this is not your game.

Hell, the first game isn't even a well planned game since it's just a game rising from the remnants of a RE4 prototype. The second isn't done by Kamiya and is supposedly yet ANOTHER game reskinned into DMC2. The third game, Kamiya isn't there but thank Itsuno for still putting up with Capcom and made that game and DMC4. Now DMC4 had it's share of problems too, the main being development time and resources. Being the first current gen DMC, capcom had to adjust a lot of stuff with the more open field-ness of current gen tech (at the time). Eventually rushing to get the game out, they had to cut content which was supposedly Dante oriented (hence backtracking) but Itsuno managed to salvage it thanks to major focus to gameplay, characters, and crazy cutscenes. Story has always been the last priority to DMC games.
---
...if you know what I mean
#13pyro_buntaPosted 11/17/2012 10:10:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14pyro_buntaPosted 11/17/2012 10:14:07 AM
Kou-Nurasaka posted...
roxas9001 posted...
The DMC series didn't have continuity errors til Crapcom got involved.

You are aware that Capcom published the first DMC, right?

Kamiya had his hands off to DMC2. Capcom was the one to organize everything, who makes who, what get made, etc... It's like how Capcom has DmC done by NT. Kamiya is still interested in DMC, should Capcom allow him to work with it.
---
#15Rasendori124Posted 11/17/2012 10:15:25 AM
Fair enough that DMC needed a reboot but the fact that Capcom chose NT is mind boggling. Why the hell would they give DMC to a company like NT? Imo I would have rebooted it after DMC5 which answers all the questions and fills all the plot holes.
---
A Key , A Rose , An Unfound Door - The Dark Tower(Stephen King)
PSN- devilnevercry124
#16sworderPosted 11/17/2012 10:17:28 AM
Rasendori124 posted...
Fair enough that DMC needed a reboot but the fact that Capcom chose NT is mind boggling. Why the hell would they give DMC to a company like NT? Imo I would have rebooted it after DMC5 which answers all the questions and fills all the plot holes.

DMC5 would have left more questions and more plot holes
#17kentrel7Posted 11/17/2012 10:19:32 AM
^ this
#18pyro_buntaPosted 11/17/2012 10:28:54 AM
The problem is that it'll be hard to straighten up the story and plot holes thanks to Capcom switching over lead developer and reskinning other games. They need an absolute single director to establish a true coherent canon. At this state it's either Itsuno or Kamiya working with Itsuno. DMC3 is already a good base for story, but we can go further back with Tony Redgrave, a continuation of Nero's tale, or jus Dante chilling with pizza while blasting demons everywhere (which is more than enough for me) while not a single **** was given.
---
#19RayconPosted 11/17/2012 10:32:27 AM
sworder posted...
Rasendori124 posted...

DMC5 would have left more questions and more plot holes

And you know this... cause you've played it?

= /
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#20StrelokPosted 11/17/2012 10:32:33 AM
Ooh we know in advance that DMC5 will create more questions and plotholes...

May I ask how you exactly know that? I mean there hasn't even been a draft for the game. And then you dare to say *WE* assume things about this game where at least this game has information about it?
Hypocrites nowadays, tsk tsk.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg