SPOILERS! Why do people hate on the story and concept of DmC?

#101pyro_buntaPosted 11/17/2012 10:46:49 PM
The guy's already straying off from his starting argument. Nothing to take seriously anymore.
---
...if you know what I mean
#102Lord_MizerPosted 11/17/2012 10:47:28 PM
You were taking him seriously?
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#103pyro_buntaPosted 11/17/2012 10:49:23 PM
At first, because I've never seen him before.
---
#104KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/17/2012 10:49:45 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...

I'm tired today. I had work training, orientation, then a surprise birthday party to attend. On the plus side, I got to try out Halo 4 with my cousins. 300% speed, 300% jump, 50% gravity, and invincible except for assassinations... Let's just say "best night ever" XD
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#105FireMage7777Posted 11/17/2012 10:50:31 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Uh, it kinda does... if a game's story is simply "beat the bad guy" and you have two buttons, one jumps, one attacks, and the music is just the same three notes over and over again, would you consider that a good game? Would you spend $60 on it?

Say hi to Megaman Classic games...which are still good games. You are dismissed
---
The official Valbanisher, that doesn't believe in kupo
#106KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/17/2012 10:51:18 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...

I'm tired today. I had work training, orientation, then a surprise birthday party to attend. On the plus side, I got to try out Halo 4 with my cousins. 300% speed, 300% jump, 50% gravity, and invincible except for assassinations... Let's just say "best night ever" XD

For got to mention, infinite boost as equipment and gravity hammers as weapons. One of us would get on the mongoose and we'd play pong with them... it was great. I'm actually considering buying a 360 just for Halo 4 (and minecraft)...
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#107KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/17/2012 10:53:13 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Uh, it kinda does... if a game's story is simply "beat the bad guy" and you have two buttons, one jumps, one attacks, and the music is just the same three notes over and over again, would you consider that a good game? Would you spend $60 on it?

Yes, but they weren't made today. They were quality back then, but today they aren't nearly as good. Megaman 9 and 10 were made as a throwback, not legitimate brand new state of the art games.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#108pyro_buntaPosted 11/17/2012 10:57:15 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

LMAO

I just had to reply. Now you know why people are saying this isn't like the old DMC games right? If you're still so dense then let me explain it in a manner for even guys like you would understand. Sure, Megaman was great but what does that have anything to do with DMC? Also what is quality? Anyone wouldn't want to buy a new DMC if it had combat with lower standards than before. "As long as it's good--" no, the reason people love DMC is because of it's signature style of gameplay. Changing that you'd better off have the game be a new IP and different characters.
---
#109FireMage7777Posted 11/17/2012 11:00:52 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Yes, but they weren't made today. They were quality back then, but today they aren't nearly as good. Megaman 9 and 10 were made as a throwback, not legitimate brand new state of the art games.

Not my fault you come up with bad points, you have only yourself to blame. Is Assassins Creed in depth? No and yet it is one of the best series these days. Or other Capcom games, like Gyakuten Saiban, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Resident Evil, etc...you are wrong on your whole in depth argument, get over it and move on
---
#110FireMage7777Posted 11/17/2012 11:02:44 PM
pyro_bunta posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

LMAO

I just had to reply. Now you know why people are saying this isn't like the old DMC games right? If you're still so dense then let me explain it in a manner for even guys like you would understand. Sure, Megaman was great but what does that have anything to do with DMC? Also what is quality? Anyone wouldn't want to buy a new DMC if it had combat with lower standards than before. "As long as it's good--" no, the reason people love DMC is because of it's signature style of gameplay. Changing that you'd better off have the game be a new IP and different characters.

The gameplay isn't the main reason for DmC guaranteed flop...how do people still not realize this?
---