SPOILERS! Why do people hate on the story and concept of DmC?

#111KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/17/2012 11:04:29 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Uh, it kinda does... if a game's story is simply "beat the bad guy" and you have two buttons, one jumps, one attacks, and the music is just the same three notes over and over again, would you consider that a good game? Would you spend $60 on it?

Say hi to Megaman Classic games...which are still good games. You are dismissed

Yes, but they weren't made today. They were quality back then, but today they aren't nearly as good. Megaman 9 and 10 were made as a throwback, not legitimate brand new state of the art games.

Not my fault you come up with bad points, you have only yourself to blame. Is Assassins Creed in depth? No and yet it is one of the best series these days. Or other Capcom games, like Gyakuten Saiban, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Resident Evil, etc...you are wrong on your whole in depth argument, get over it and move on

Those games have a story going for them. DMC has never been story driven but the gameplay made it fantastic. It's in depth combat system more then made up for the sub par story. IMO DmC's story is still pretty sub par and the combat is a downgrade. Not only is the story not interesting but the combat (which is what made DMC great) is also not as good. So yeah, depth is pretty important in games, it just depends where the focus is. DMC's focus was combat.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#112Lord_MizerPosted 11/17/2012 11:10:13 PM
*Drinks Sprite*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#113FireMage7777Posted 11/17/2012 11:12:00 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Uh, it kinda does... if a game's story is simply "beat the bad guy" and you have two buttons, one jumps, one attacks, and the music is just the same three notes over and over again, would you consider that a good game? Would you spend $60 on it?

Say hi to Megaman Classic games...which are still good games. You are dismissed

Yes, but they weren't made today. They were quality back then, but today they aren't nearly as good. Megaman 9 and 10 were made as a throwback, not legitimate brand new state of the art games.

Not my fault you come up with bad points, you have only yourself to blame. Is Assassins Creed in depth? No and yet it is one of the best series these days. Or other Capcom games, like Gyakuten Saiban, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Resident Evil, etc...you are wrong on your whole in depth argument, get over it and move on

Those games have a story going for them. DMC has never been story driven but the gameplay made it fantastic. It's in depth combat system more then made up for the sub par story. IMO DmC's story is still pretty sub par and the combat is a downgrade. Not only is the story not interesting but the combat (which is what made DMC great) is also not as good. So yeah, depth is pretty important in games, it just depends where the focus is. DMC's focus was combat.

Viewtiful Joe had a story going for it? Same could be said for Okami
---
The official Valbanisher, that doesn't believe in kupo
#114KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/17/2012 11:18:00 PM
FireMage7777 posted...

Viewtiful Joe had an okay story. It was supposed to be silly, which it pulled of well. The gameplay was also done well for what they wanted to accomplish. It may not have been super in depth, but that seemed to be it's focus. Rather then make a game with either a great story or great gameplay, they evened it out to a good story and good gameplay. The depth came from the balance between them.

My point is that one of DMC's biggest selling points was combat. Heavenly sword's combat was not anywhere near the level of complexity presented in DMC. IMO, DmC's combat is a bit downgraded, so one of the franchises biggest selling points is also downgraded. That's not a good thing.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#115FireMage7777Posted 11/17/2012 11:38:26 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Viewtiful Joe had an okay story. It was supposed to be silly, which it pulled of well. The gameplay was also done well for what they wanted to accomplish. It may not have been super in depth, but that seemed to be it's focus. Rather then make a game with either a great story or great gameplay, they evened it out to a good story and good gameplay. The depth came from the balance between them.

My point is that one of DMC's biggest selling points was combat. Heavenly sword's combat was not anywhere near the level of complexity presented in DMC. IMO, DmC's combat is a bit downgraded, so one of the franchises biggest selling points is also downgraded. That's not a good thing.

And my point was that something doesn't have to be in depth to be good, which is more or less what you just agreed to. Check and mate, you may take your leave, unless you feel like embarrassing yourself further
---
#116pyro_buntaPosted 11/17/2012 11:53:56 PM
That applies to single games, NOT sequels.

Your brain seems to be turned off.
---
...if you know what I mean
#117KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/17/2012 11:56:43 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

And my point was that something doesn't have to be in depth to be good, which is more or less what you just agreed to. Check and mate, you may take your leave, unless you feel like embarrassing yourself further

Umm, how did I agree? If anything, I said being in depth is more important. It all depends on the focus. DMC's focus was in depth combat, which is achieved. DmC's combat isn't as in depth. Does that make it automatically bad? of course not. If this were a new IP, I'd say it's combat looks good. This isn't a new IP though, it's a DMC game. Less depth in combat in a DMC game is indeed bad.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#118FireMage7777Posted 11/17/2012 11:59:26 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Umm, how did I agree? If anything, I said being in depth is more important. It all depends on the focus. DMC's focus was in depth combat, which is achieved. DmC's combat isn't as in depth. Does that make it automatically bad? of course not. If this were a new IP, I'd say it's combat looks good. This isn't a new IP though, it's a DMC game. Less depth in combat in a DMC game is indeed bad.

...see you're going right to DmC, which I'm not talking about...I'm talking about Heavenly Sword...please keep up
---
#119Lord_MizerPosted 11/18/2012 12:02:48 AM
*Yawns*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#120KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/18/2012 12:05:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]