SPOILERS! Why do people hate on the story and concept of DmC?

#121_Uwye_Posted 11/18/2012 12:35:51 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Insinuating that something needs to be in depth to be good...LOL. Pls amuse me further

Depth doesn't equate quality because you have to take into account what the game is trying to accomplish but combat in DMC needs to be deep to be good, otherwise it's not DMC.

HS and GoW combat isn't deep.
#122FireMage7777Posted 11/18/2012 1:26:51 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Insinuating that something needs to be in depth to be good...LOL. Pls amuse me further

Depth doesn't equate quality because you have to take into account what the game is trying to accomplish but combat in DMC needs to be deep to be good, otherwise it's not DMC.

Nor does HS or GoW's combat need to be to be good. My point
---
The official Valbanisher, that doesn't believe in kupo
#123StrelokPosted 11/18/2012 1:38:51 AM
But the combat of either isn't very good.
Heavenly Sword was outright garbage, plagued with terrible controls.
God of War fares better for at least having responsive controls, but it was not anything special and the main draw was the gore which was mostly obstructed from giant in your face QTE prompts.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#124FireMage7777Posted 11/18/2012 1:51:59 AM
Strelok posted...
But the combat of either isn't very good.
Heavenly Sword was outright garbage, plagued with terrible controls.
God of War fares better for at least having responsive controls, but it was not anything special and the main draw was the gore which was mostly obstructed from giant in your face QTE prompts.

LOL no. Just because you are lacking in taste is no reason to incorrectly critique things. You're dismissed
---
#125pyro_buntaPosted 11/18/2012 1:54:03 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

For the last time, IT'S THE COMBAT that makes DMC good. While GoW and HW have gore and the latter story as it's main point. For the love of--

Are you really THAT stupid?
---
...if you know what I mean
#126FireMage7777Posted 11/18/2012 1:58:01 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

For the last time, IT'S THE COMBAT that makes DMC good. While GoW and HW have gore and the latter story as it's main point. For the love of--

Are you really THAT stupid?

For the last time, I'm not talking about DMC, herpity derpity derp. You're a perfect example of your failed species
---
#127_Uwye_Posted 11/18/2012 2:07:23 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

So you are saying that:

-depth =/= good (ok)
-HS and GoW have good combat (I have reserves for the former)
-that HS and GoW don't need to have good combat (?)

WTF? I can't make sense of what you are trying to say at all.

And your original point, anyway, was that HS proved that NT has done good combat (which is already questionable) and thus were a good choice for a DMC game. That's like saying -even without taking into account the quality of their games- that a developer that has only made arcade racing games is a good fit for Gran Turismo. Yeah, that totally makes sense.
#128FireMage7777Posted 11/18/2012 2:11:22 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

So you are saying that:

-depth =/= good (ok)
-HS and GoW have good combat (I have reserves for the former)
-that HS and GoW don't need to have good combat (?)

WTF? I can't make sense of what you are trying to say at all.

And your original point, anyway, was that HS proved that NT has done good combat (which is already questionable) and thus were a good choice for a DMC game. That's like saying -even without taking into account the quality of their games- that a developer that has only made arcade racing games is a good fit for Gran Turismo. Yeah, that totally makes sense.

Did I say that because HS had good combat that they were a good choice...I don't recall saying that...
---
#129StrelokPosted 11/18/2012 2:15:01 AM
I lack taste eh?

Sorry sir, I happen to have an excellent and refined taste, suited only for gentlemen and ladies of class, standing and exquisite taste.
*munches on Arcanum copy*
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#130FireMage7777Posted 11/18/2012 2:19:14 AM
Strelok posted...
I lack taste eh?

Glad to see we have an understanding
---