SPOILERS! Why do people hate on the story and concept of DmC?

#21ShadowZero007Posted 11/17/2012 11:34:15 AM(edited)
Strelok posted...
Ooh we know in advance that DMC5 will create more questions and plotholes...

May I ask how you exactly know that? I mean there hasn't even been a draft for the game. And then you dare to say *WE* assume things about this game where at least this game has information about it?
Hypocrites nowadays, tsk tsk.

I wonder if someone said the same thing about DMC4 at some point....

:p But from what I can gather. A lot of people feel that DMC's are more character driven (Well I guess more specifically Dante driven) than story driven in their plots and presentation. I personally don't mind the higher focus and emphasis on story. Of course the gameplay has to provide some sort of par too, It is a game after all. To have a good story with bad gameplay is like a horrid book with the occasional awesome illustration. DmC's story while given a lot of hate (most of which I feel is somewhat unwarranted as the story seems fine imo, not mindblowingly original, but not much is now at days. It's no more they live than the old DMC was Inuyasha or Blade. Either way; the biggest thing to its credit would be the plots presentation, it already feels more solid and flowing than the typical DMC plot, it's all around just a stronger story execution.

I've said it a few times. It won't beat DMC at being DMC, but DmC is it's own beast ;p related to the genealogy without a doubt, but it's traits and strengths lie somewhat elsewhere. The gameplay may not be quite as frenzied or quick as the peak it reached in DMC4 turbo mode, but still a fast and visceral experience with depth and a great opportunity for creativity. I love the art direction. Dem environments; the game just looks gorgeous. I can understand others apprehension but I think they should try and keep an open mind, as far as I'm concerned DmC looks by no means bad and the upcoming demo should at least be able to affirm our feelings, one way or another.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#22StrelokPosted 11/17/2012 11:31:06 AM
And as I've said hundreds of times before, had they changed the names, there would have been no backlash at all.

Long story short: Entire project is led by some really dumb people.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#23caffiend7Posted 11/17/2012 11:34:22 AM
The "STORY" has ripped from other things like They Live, Futurama, and it has Bill O'Riley but lets not forget CRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAWWWWLLLLINGG IN MYYYYYYYYYYYY SKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINnnnn
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#24ShadowZero007Posted 11/17/2012 11:36:31 AM
Strelok posted...
And as I've said hundreds of times before, had they changed the names, there would have been no backlash at all.

Long story short: Entire project is led by some really dumb people.

You know that wouldn't work Strelok :p
Even if they renamed everything the character relations and several key plot points are the same.

The twin brothers. The half breeds of a demonic father who rebelled against a demonic lord. Saw their mother killed. Resents the demonic presence since. Left a broadsword and a katana as the keepsakes of their father. etc etc.

The entire thing would pretty much have to be revised.
---
#25ShadowZero007Posted 11/17/2012 11:38:33 AM
caffiend7 posted...
The "STORY" has ripped from other things like They Live, Futurama, and it has Bill O'Riley but lets not forget CRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAWWWWLLLLINGG IN MYYYYYYYYYYYY SKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINnnnn

And Inuyasha was also about a red clad half demon hero with white hair who wields a massive blade that is the keepsake of his father and is drawn into conflict frequently with his calm cool and collected brother who also holds another keepsake of their father.
---
#26Lord_MizerPosted 11/17/2012 11:41:40 AM
If anything, Inuyasha was more like Nero than Dante.

That reminds me, I should go back and watch more Futurama.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#27caffiend7Posted 11/17/2012 11:45:06 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
caffiend7 posted...

And Inuyasha was also about a red clad half demon hero with white hair who wields a massive blade that is the keepsake of his father and is drawn into conflict frequently with his calm cool and collected brother who also holds another keepsake of their father.

Oh yeah, I never really liked that show but it had some elements from DMC
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#28StrelokPosted 11/17/2012 11:51:33 AM
The twin brothers.
They are never explicitly said to be twins in here. Hell they don't even look alike that much...

The half breeds of a demonic father who rebelled against a demonic lord.
Halfbreeds and rebelling fathers are really common.
Also, half of the bloodline is outright off.

Saw their mother killed.
Ancient trope. Older than the Ancient Greek in fact.

Resents the demonic presence since.
Older than the Ancient Greek as well

Left a broadsword and a katana as the keepsakes of their father. etc etc.
Rebellion doesn't even look like a broadsword here.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#29ShadowZero007Posted 11/17/2012 11:55:36 AM
Strelok posted...
The twin brothers.
They are never explicitly said to be twins in here. Hell they don't even look alike that much...

The half breeds of a demonic father who rebelled against a demonic lord.
Halfbreeds and rebelling fathers are really common.
Also, half of the bloodline is outright off.

Saw their mother killed.
Ancient trope. Older than the Ancient Greek in fact.

Resents the demonic presence since.
Older than the Ancient Greek as well

Left a broadsword and a katana as the keepsakes of their father. etc etc.
Rebellion doesn't even look like a broadsword here.

If DMC's plot is composed of such a slap dash of tropes and cliches, I don't see why people bash DmC so hard for being "unoriginal"
They are explicit about the twin thing in the Vergil reveal.
---
#30sworderPosted 11/17/2012 11:55:54 AM
caffiend7 posted...
Oh yeah, I never really liked that show but it had some elements from DMC

Inuyasha came first, so technically DMC had elements from it (a lot of them).