SPOILERS! Why do people hate on the story and concept of DmC?

#51StrelokPosted 11/17/2012 2:07:03 PM
Why not give it to NT:

NT can't do combat to save their lives.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#52UncleWeskerPosted 11/17/2012 2:12:40 PM
Lordaeron86 posted...
Its always amusing seeing people argue on gaming boards that cliche anime tropes are original and NEVER bad while taking some elements from a western book or movie is completely uninspired stupid lazy baka gaijin writing.

Who said this?
---
"I hate you, UncleWesker. No, really. You are the biggest douche on this board. You should go hang yourself in your basement." ~ RT102
#53StrelokPosted 11/17/2012 3:00:51 PM
Nobody, it's just Yet Another Pro Troll trying to twist an argument and putting towards into our mouths.

Bet you next thing that comes out of his keyboard is saying we only care about the hair.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#54Dark_EpathyPosted 11/17/2012 3:07:26 PM
Eh. People are frustrated because DMC3 and DMC4 were finally fleshing out the universe of the series. DMC1 was a proof-of-concept, and DMC2 was half-baked, but the two latter sequels started realizing the world and its rules.

That said, I don't really mind not seeing it continue. It wasn't that amazing, and what end can there be other than the final scene of DMC4: Dante getting ready to party the girls. There's no "end" to DMC--that's it right there.

As for DmC, I think it's interesting and looks cool. Not "cool"--but cool. I could do without the too-topical social satire and some of the sensationalized dialogue, but the rest of it seems solid, and I'm interested in seeing how the final product turns out.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#55ShadowZero007Posted 11/17/2012 3:09:00 PM
Ether101 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
antking61 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
I could make 1984 sound like a crap novel if I decided the present it's plot so terribly.

Old pretty boy in red takes down a demon his papa did.
Theres DMC1

Pretty boy with white hair stops his brother and a bald dude.
DMC3

A walking plot hole helps Dante stop Demons.
DMC4

Yeah....Nero wasn't a plot hole and I'm not saying DMC had deep plots before, but they didn't sound lame either.

Also, boiled down 1984's about an old wrinkly dude having sex with a girl half his age while being controlled by peeps who hate on emotional expression.

^Bam a classic novel sounds like crap :p

Nero is a bit of a hole, unless you feel Vergil nailed a prostitute at about 14.

This shows how clueless you are. There's never been anything to suggest that Vergil is Nero's father.

Someone spit in your cereal this morning.
Anyways as has been stated; the novel with it's iffy canon status is the closest to canon an explanation we have for him.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#56antking61Posted 11/17/2012 3:27:53 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
^Bam a classic novel sounds like crap :p

Nero is a bit of a hole, unless you feel Vergil nailed a prostitute at about 14.

1. Depending on personal taste that classic novel was crap.

2. Dante and Veril should have been about 17 when Nero was born so it's not that far fetched really.

Regardless all we know is that Nero has the blood of Sparda. This doesn't mean that he's his son, nor might he be Vergil or Dante's son.

Is it that hard to believe that Sparda banged a Demon chick long before Eva was even born? Nero is related to Sparda but everybody's acting like there's only 1 possibility.

Either way, Nero being Vergil's son is pretty likely since Dante left the sword with him saying he should have it which suggests such.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#57StriderOWPosted 11/17/2012 4:07:55 PM
Nero isn't Vergil's son according to Capcom's time line of this series. DMC4 is placed 10 years after DMC3 which makes Dante 28-29 in DMC4 and DMC1 was 1-2 years before DMC4. Nero is the same age Dante was in DMC3 in DMC4. Capcom has stated this already. This means that Nero is not Vergil's son. Nero is from what I understand some type of reincarnation of Sparda. Vergil's soul was completely destroyed after Dante defeated Nelo Angelo in DMC1. Those armored demons in DMC4 you fight are created by using the shattered parts of Vergil's soul that possessed his power. Nelo Angelo is basically Vergil's soul turned inward.

One thing I noticed is that Nero shares the same battle lines and color schemes as both Dante and Vergil from DMC3. The colors are obviously red and blue. Sparda's scheme was purple. So I guess what this is hinting at is that Nero is either some form of Sparda OR the 3rd brother of Dante and Vergil. But anyway, Nero isn't Vergil's son do to Nero being way too old. Also Nero can't be a form of Vergil either for he same reasoning.
#58antking61Posted 11/17/2012 4:11:37 PM
Always thought Dante was closer to his mid 30s in DMC4. My bad.

Still, reincarnation of Sparda or another son of Sparda sounds reasonable.
---
#59BaulModeusPosted 11/17/2012 4:16:04 PM
The scenario writer disagrees, his novel clearly states that Nero was Vergil's son. DMC 4 much like DMC 3 was a mess of a storyline.
#60antking61Posted 11/17/2012 4:18:09 PM
BaulModeus posted...
The scenario writer disagrees, his novel clearly states that Nero was Vergil's son. DMC 4 much like DMC 3 was a mess of a storyline.

Are the novels canon?

Also, has there ever been an official statement about Dante's age through all the games? We know he was 19 in DMC3 but what of the other titles?
---