SPOILERS! Why do people hate on the story and concept of DmC?

#61BaulModeusPosted 11/17/2012 3:22:58 PM
antking61 posted...
BaulModeus posted...
The scenario writer disagrees, his novel clearly states that Nero was Vergil's son. DMC 4 much like DMC 3 was a mess of a storyline.

Are the novels canon?

Also, has there ever been an official statement about Dante's age through all the games? We know he was 19 in DMC3 but what of the other titles?

Never been a statement by Capcom as to whether or not it was and since I don't think Morihashi Bingo works for Capcom anymore and the old DMC is out of commission, its the closest thing we have to canon, if you want any kind of closure on the Nero origin story.
#62_Uwye_Posted 11/17/2012 3:26:53 PM(edited)
BaulModeus posted...
The scenario writer disagrees, his novel clearly states that Nero was Vergil's son. DMC 4 much like DMC 3 was a mess of a storyline.

DMC3 is a mess only if you take into account the mediocre manga, and Nero and Vergil's age is a mess only if we assume that the notion that DMC4 takes place 10 after the previous game is true.

For reference, Kobayashi stated that Lady is ten years older in DMC4 (=Dante is 29-30 years old) but when working with Reuben Langdon they were aiming at the performance of a man in his mid thirties. So, yeah.
#63roxas9001Posted 11/17/2012 3:26:08 PM
StriderOW posted...
Nero isn't Vergil's son according to Capcom's time line of this series. DMC4 is placed 10 years after DMC3 which makes Dante 28-29 in DMC4 and DMC1 was 1-2 years before DMC4. Nero is the same age Dante was in DMC3 in DMC4. Capcom has stated this already. This means that Nero is not Vergil's son. Nero is from what I understand some type of reincarnation of Sparda. Vergil's soul was completely destroyed after Dante defeated Nelo Angelo in DMC1. Those armored demons in DMC4 you fight are created by using the shattered parts of Vergil's soul that possessed his power. Nelo Angelo is basically Vergil's soul turned inward.

Idk how that's even possible since Nero Angelo exploded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJe1edjppAY#t=3m34s

DMC4 was an overall stupid addition to the series.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#64StriderOWPosted 11/17/2012 3:29:51 PM
BaulModeus posted...

DMC4 novel is not cannon. He left Capcom and then released the book. It's for the same reason why the DMC1/2 novel's are not cannon as well.
#65_Uwye_Posted 11/17/2012 3:30:26 PM
roxas9001 posted...
StriderOW posted...
Nero isn't Vergil's son according to Capcom's time line of this series. DMC4 is placed 10 years after DMC3 which makes Dante 28-29 in DMC4 and DMC1 was 1-2 years before DMC4. Nero is the same age Dante was in DMC3 in DMC4. Capcom has stated this already. This means that Nero is not Vergil's son. Nero is from what I understand some type of reincarnation of Sparda. Vergil's soul was completely destroyed after Dante defeated Nelo Angelo in DMC1. Those armored demons in DMC4 you fight are created by using the shattered parts of Vergil's soul that possessed his power. Nelo Angelo is basically Vergil's soul turned inward.

Explosions leave fragments. Bianco Angelo: "A man-made soldier made from the fragment of a demon known as the "dark angel".
#66antking61Posted 11/17/2012 3:30:40 PM
roxas9001 posted...

1. Not to boot up a decade old argument but Capcom officially settled for Nelo Angelo.

2. Pieces of his SOUL. If he exploded I'm sure pieces existed somewhere and why is it so hard to believe that the order had fragments of something that blew up?
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#67BaulModeusPosted 11/17/2012 3:30:44 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
BaulModeus posted...

DMC3 is a mess only if you take into account the mediocre manga, and Nero and Vergil's age is a mess only if we assume that the notion that DMC4 takes place 10 after the previous game is true.

For reference, Kobayashi stated that Lady is ten years older in DMC4 (Dante=29-30 years old) but when working with Reuben Langdon they were aiming at the performance of a man in his mid thirties. So, yeah.

DMC 3 wasn't a mess because of the manga, which was ok (just ok), but because the novel written after DMC 1 by Kamiya (the series creator) and Goikeda already showed his intended canon for Vergil and Dante's relationship, leading to Dante killing Vergil himself at the end of the novel.

Of course Kamiya was fired and his work stolen from him which failed miserably as DMC 2 and then his entire back story for Dante and Vergil and the creation of Nelo Angelo was scrapped in favor of the DMC 3 scenario.
#68roxas9001Posted 11/17/2012 3:31:34 PM
StriderOW posted...
BaulModeus posted...

DMC4 novel is not cannon. He left Capcom and then released the book. It's for the same reason why the DMC1/2 novel's are not cannon as well.

Before they retconned it with DMC3, the DMC1 novel was indeed canon.

Kamiya told me that Gilver from the novel is Vergil.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#69BaulModeusPosted 11/17/2012 3:34:45 PM
roxas9001 posted...
StriderOW posted...
BaulModeus posted...

Before they retconned it with DMC3, the DMC1 novel was indeed canon.

Kamiya told me that Gilver from the novel is Vergil.

The Gilver vs Dante battle... and drinking contest before that was so funny and bad ass. :D
#70_Uwye_Posted 11/17/2012 3:36:09 PM
BaulModeus posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
BaulModeus posted...

For reference, Kobayashi stated that Lady is ten years older in DMC4 (Dante=29-30 years old) but when working with Reuben Langdon they were aiming at the performance of a man in his mid thirties. So, yeah.

DMC 3 wasn't a mess because of the manga, which was ok (just ok), but because the novel written after DMC 1 by Kamiya (the series creator) and Goikeda already showed his intended canon for Vergil and Dante's relationship, leading to Dante killing Vergil himself at the end of the novel.

When DMC3 was released the DMC1 novel wasn't canon anymore, there was no mess there. It's the DMC3 manga that messes things up since that is supposed to be canon.

Also, I never read the novel (is it even available in english?) but I've heard that contradicts stuff said in DMC1 anyway.