This video is just for Lollerstar as he wished to see "my ugly mug"

#11shatterstarPosted 11/18/2012 9:01:06 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
Strelok, I know how you hate Shatterstar (and we DO know how much and why), but recording a video just for him is just... to put it simply, pretty hilarious but isn't really necessary.

I'm so honored that he went to so much trouble for me. So lets all honor him by subscribing to his You Tube channel and support the bias ramblings of a raging fanboy please.

Can't wait until his next one after the demo, when he actually has some substance behind his rants.

I'll bring the butter, someone bring the popcorn.
#12PahdrikPosted 11/18/2012 9:05:05 AM
sundet84 posted...
antking61 posted...
sundet84 posted...
and that you first say if this was a different game and not called DMC it would have been a good game

Makes sense to me. If DMC2 weren't branded DMC and didn't look like DMC it would have been labeled a solid action game and for all intents and purposes DMC2 was a fun action game, it was just a bad DMC game.

If DmC weren't claiming to be DMC it wouldn't be held to the standard that it currently is by many of the DMC fans. Myself included honestly.

Agrees with you. the way you wrote it, it sounds understandable. But just say the game seems good 8 of 10 points. But wait it is a DMC game 1-2 out of 10. it does not sound logical. you have to explain why. And judging it before you played the demo or the game. does not sound credible

Okay let me jump in here.

A change in name and characters does not change the quality of the game.
If you strip the Devil May Cry out of Devil May Cry 2 you are left with what it is: a great looking game that happens to be hot garbage. If you strip the Final Fantasy out of Final Fantasy 13, the fact remains that you are walking down an extremely pretty corridor for 25 hours while being beat over the head by a ludicrous story.

If DmC is a good/bad game, then it is a good/bad game regardless of the franchise it belongs to.
---
Yeah, okay. Whatever.
#13Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:08:12 AM
It has been explained Pahdrik.

A game can be good on its own, but when it carries the name of a franchise you'll expect a certain standard. This game will likely not patch up to it.
And that is why it'll suck, as a DMC game.

Much like Invisible War. Not a bad game, great game even. But when we compare it to the predecessor... yeah, it sucks balls.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#14Malus_X6Posted 11/18/2012 9:18:11 AM
To be honest, I expected a very ugly coffee mug.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#15kentrel7Posted 11/18/2012 9:44:08 AM
See there it is again, idk what it is but i can stomach your vids dude. Made it to 2:56 before i cracked.
#16Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:06:47 AM
Then don't watch them?
I'm not forcing you or anything.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#17NaichingeruPosted 11/18/2012 10:34:44 AM
This is embarrassing. Wow, delete this and save whatever shattered remains of dignity you have left. (cwutididthar?)

18 minutes of ranting? You're so mad. I'll be enjoying this game with my girlfriend on tuesday (or wednesday, I'm not entirely sure for the UK) and having a good time. I recommend you do the same. Have a cup of tea and don't get so butthurt about things.
---
GT: Sensei Ponzor.
"The greatest part of mankind floats betwixt vice and virtue."
#18Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:46:50 AM
If you bothered to watch you'd see it isn't much ranting at all considering I'm quite calm throughout the vid.

Why don't you keep your dignity and don't buy this terrible game and get something good instead.
May I suggest Dishonored?
---
#19SlaveBladePosted 11/18/2012 11:10:02 AM
Strelok posted...
If you bothered to watch you'd see it isn't much ranting at all considering I'm quite calm throughout the vid.

Why don't you keep your dignity and don't buy this terrible game and get something good instead.
May I suggest Dishonored?

"It's not a rant"
>Video is name "Yet another DmC rant"

Child, please...
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#20antking61Posted 11/18/2012 11:10:48 AM
sundet84 posted...
Agrees with you. the way you wrote it, it sounds understandable. But just say the game seems good 8 of 10 points. But wait it is a DMC game 1-2 out of 10. it does not sound logical. you have to explain why. And judging it before you played the demo or the game. does not sound credible

When you've played games (specifically action games) long enough to make sense of what's going on in Pro Combo Videos then yeah, you can judge what the game will be like. You can see the breaks between hits to judge where the mid-animations are, frame dodges, and what-have you.

Watch a Brea combo vid from DMC4. If you can make sense of each and every move and button press used then yeah, you can tell how this game will me in comparison.

Pahdrik posted...
Okay let me jump in here.

A change in name and characters does not change the quality of the game.
If you strip the Devil May Cry out of Devil May Cry 2 you are left with what it is: a great looking game that happens to be hot garbage. If you strip the Final Fantasy out of Final Fantasy 13, the fact remains that you are walking down an extremely pretty corridor for 25 hours while being beat over the head by a ludicrous story.

If DmC is a good/bad game, then it is a good/bad game regardless of the franchise it belongs to.

Not really true. DMC2 is a good game on it's own. It was just a poor Devil May Cry game. The gameplay was fun, the gfx were good, the city was well designed...But Dante wasn't Dante and the gameplay didn't stand up to 3 or 1.

Let me put it this way and just try to bear with the example I'm giving...

Let's say God of Way, Devil May Cry 3, and Bayonetta are all the same franchise. DMC3 and Bayonetta are exceptional games but God of War is not so much. Does that mean God of War is a bad game? No. It just doesn't hole up to DMC3 and Bayonetta.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!