This video is just for Lollerstar as he wished to see "my ugly mug"

#21Dark_EpathyPosted 11/18/2012 10:25:02 AM
DMC2 puts me to sleep, ha. I always hear it's a "decent action game," but it just sucks, in my opinion. It's so slow and clunky. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, which isn't even exclusively an action game, blows it out of the water.

Man, I love PoP. I should hook up my Gamecube and replay the trilogy. : P
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#22antking61Posted 11/18/2012 10:30:17 AM(edited)
PoP puts me to sleep. Hooray for opinions!

---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#23sundet84Posted 11/18/2012 10:33:12 AM
It's very difficult to gain an understanding of a game from the video on youtube. as for example I saw a video clip of a mage in kingdoms on amalure and it looked bad and boring. But I got a completely different view of it when I played it myself. It was fun with good combinations in gameplay. you can not judge a game by how others play it. All games can look bad if you play it badly
#24TheOriginalMaxPosted 11/18/2012 10:48:49 AM(edited)
antking61 posted...
DMC2 is a good game on it's own. It was just a poor Devil May Cry game. The gameplay was fun, the gfx were good, the city was well designed...But Dante wasn't Dante and the gameplay didn't stand up to 3 or 1.

Good point. And I agree about the gameplay being (pretty)fun... For as long as you don't run into problems with the camera. I don't completely agree about it being a good game in its own, more like "pretty good"(imo), but yeah: If it didn't have the need to live up to the expectations a DMC game does, it would have most likely had a bit of a more positive reaction.
Unfortunately for DMC2, it had slow and cumbersome gameplay for a DMC game. Something DMC3 fixed(and mastered imo, although I sincerely missed on-the-fly style switching in DMC3, something implemented in 4).

EDIT: Also, WTF, guys? This is becoming another one of those "you fail at life, here's a slipknot" type of comment sections I've seen way too much on the internet. Strelok has way more guts than 99% of us for showing his RL face to us. It just seems to me like you feel so freaking threatened by someone who has the guts to show their face that you need to completely ridicule them so you don't feel like someone possesses something you don't: Courage.
You guys are just SO freaking satisfied with your anonymity allowing you to do all sorts of antisocial/aggressive s*** that you can't stand someone breaking anonymity. That you are SO insecure that anyone breaking anonymity is immediately taken(twisted) as(into) a challenge to show YOUR faces that you just need to completely shell-up and try to destroy the person breaking anonymity, when nothing like that happened at all; it's just your own brain trying to compensate for a feeling of inferiority. So pathetic.

I applaud you Strelok. You did something I don't have the guts to do. *high-five*
Don't let the mentally deficient people on Youtube affect your life, man. I've heard too much RL consequences happening nowadays due to internet bullying from this pathetic lot. It's just a matter of time before these guys get put into a corner and start getting some consequences that really show them they need to be more responsible with how they behave, believe me. For instance the whole internet is getting way too much attention in news and politics as is, it's about to get real. Just persevere! :)
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#25antking61Posted 11/18/2012 10:39:07 AM
sundet84 posted...
It's very difficult to gain an understanding of a game from the video on youtube. as for example I saw a video clip of a mage in kingdoms on amalure and it looked bad and boring. But I got a completely different view of it when I played it myself. It was fun with good combinations in gameplay. you can not judge a game by how others play it. All games can look bad if you play it badly

Now that's just not true. If a bad person is playing, fine, I'll give you that, but we've seen combos already in DmC. We've seen enough to have an opinion on the game and since it's part of an already established franchise that changes the rules a good bit.

I didn't care for the videos of Amalur and got exactly what I expected when a friend brought it by. If given time to evolve it COULD have become something great but since it won't get that chance it's stuck in mediocrity with a single entry of lost potential.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#26RayconPosted 11/18/2012 10:57:33 AM
antking61 posted...
sundet84 posted...

Now that's just not true. If a bad person is playing, fine, I'll give you that, but we've seen combos already in DmC. We've seen enough to have an opinion on the game and since it's part of an already established franchise that changes the rules a good bit.

I didn't care for the videos of Amalur and got exactly what I expected when a friend brought it by. If given time to evolve it COULD have become something great but since it won't get that chance it's stuck in mediocrity with a single entry of lost potential.

Which is a real shame, as I have a friend who is absolutely in love that game (and games like it). Not my type of game though. I'd seen enough gameplay videos to know that much (and watched said friend try it out, if that wasn't enough).
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#27sundet84Posted 11/18/2012 10:58:17 AM
antking61 posted...
sundet84 posted...

We hawe obviously different views on the game so this leads nowhere. but for my part. I see a mix of classic DMC moves mixed with new. and the small differences in the movements do not bother me. honestly i dont see them so the demo will Decide if I get the game
#28Dark_EpathyPosted 11/18/2012 11:06:39 AM
PoP puts me to sleep. Hooray for opinions!

That's cool, man. : P

It does have its flaws. But I like the platforming a lot.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#29Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:58:40 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
Strelok posted...
If you bothered to watch you'd see it isn't much ranting at all considering I'm quite calm throughout the vid.

Why don't you keep your dignity and don't buy this terrible game and get something good instead.
May I suggest Dishonored?

"It's not a rant"
>Video is name "Yet another DmC rant"

Child, please...

Child, learn to satire.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#30Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 12:02:43 PM
As well to the rest:

It's just youtube comments.
Also, I noticed:
Two of the posters that commented?
Saudi Arabian accounts made a very short time ago, one made on this day at that. Me thinks someone is trying to spam downvotes there. Not that I give a damn.
Also funny how practically none of them have actually LISTENED to what I'm saying... One had a point, *ONE*. And that was just one point taken out of the argument at best, downgraded at worst.

I can handle cyberbullying. I've been bullied by professionals :D
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg