This video is just for Lollerstar as he wished to see "my ugly mug"

#51darkslayer001Posted 11/18/2012 4:05:40 PM
sundet84 posted...
antking61 posted...
sundet84 posted...
We hawe obviously different views on the game so this leads nowhere. but for my part. I see a mix of classic DMC moves mixed with new. and the small differences in the movements do not bother me. honestly i dont see them so the demo will Decide if I get the game

But it's the changes in the basic gameplay mechanic changes (mainly the auto-lock) that have me worried about the gameplay itself. Not a big fan of the HS weapon switch either...

Taizuku posted...
"Cyber-bullying" is pathetic any intelligent person would just log off...

Gonna have to agree on this.

For me, auto-lock is not necessary. it worked more like a must for certain maneuvers, but when it was not required, I played without it. and even with auto-lock, you can choose with the analog where you want to swing the sword

just my 2 cents: i remember last year when the PR said they are gonna keep the DNA of DMC alive but for me the lock on system has become very integral to playing devil may cry and removing it just doesnt feel right to me ...every other hack n slash have the "choose with the analog where you want to swing the sword" so without that feels like playing something else....
#52antking61Posted 11/18/2012 4:08:43 PM
Strelok posted...
@ Antking:
yes, they did. And this is exactly the issue of removing the manual lock, when it picks the target for you you have less control and thus, combat is downgraded.
Sure it isn't "press one button to win", but it is a step back...

Exactly! It helps you concentrate on the biggest threat or pick off the small fry as you wish. I have an issue with Auto Lock thinking I mean somebody behind me and such. Quite annoying.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#53sundet84Posted 11/18/2012 4:12:17 PM
one thing I do not understand. you want the manual cover to easily hit with stinger and focus on one enemy at a time. I thought you wanted a hard and challenging game. does not sound challenging to automatically hit with stinger as long as you hold down a button. sounds litte bit like the game is holding yore hand
#54sundet84Posted 11/18/2012 4:13:36 PM
sundet84 posted...
one thing I do not understand. you want the manual cover to easily hit with stinger and focus on one enemy at a time. I thought you wanted a hard and challenging game. does not sound challenging to automatically hit with stinger as long as you hold down a button. sounds litte bit like the game is holding yore hand

i meant manual lock
#55Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:14:10 PM
@ Naichingeru:
It is because I am used to talk face to face, not to a camera. Believe me or not but it really throws me off to keep looking in the camera instead of the image on the screen, because that contains a human face. Add in that no script was used, so I fall in a habit of repeating things for clarification.
The hand movements is a result from a good 10-15 years of being bullied, so I have trouble keeping composure when having a long uninterrupted talk.
However, I know what I'm talking about and were it not for my love of the franchise I wouldn't have made the vids to begin with.

Also, a lot of love went to Dishonored.
And I can understand if it's not the game for you, Dishonored IS a rather niche style, steampunk isn't too popular sadly.

@ Sundet:
That crap happens very rarely in Europe thankfully.
Still, I stand by my words and my opinions. If someone wishes me harm over it, so be it. Call it foolish courage, or just foolishness if you will. But I refuse to bow before any threat. I will die to defend the right of free speech. It's one of the few things I'd willingly sacrifice my life for.

To me, backing out would be betraying myself and my own ideals. To quote a famous druglord from an 80's movie:
"I only have two things, my word and my balls and I don't break either, to nobody."
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#56Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:15:30 PM
On the second argument:
The difference is this:
Fair difficulty because the game is genuinely challenging, or Fake difficulty because the game is screwing you over with a bad controlscheme.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#57sundet84Posted 11/18/2012 4:19:04 PM
Strelok posted...
@ Naichingeru:
It is because I am used to talk face to face, not to a camera. Believe me or not but it really throws me off to keep looking in the camera instead of the image on the screen, because that contains a human face. Add in that no script was used, so I fall in a habit of repeating things for clarification.
The hand movements is a result from a good 10-15 years of being bullied, so I have trouble keeping composure when having a long uninterrupted talk.
However, I know what I'm talking about and were it not for my love of the franchise I wouldn't have made the vids to begin with.

Also, a lot of love went to Dishonored.
And I can understand if it's not the game for you, Dishonored IS a rather niche style, steampunk isn't too popular sadly.

@ Sundet:
That crap happens very rarely in Europe thankfully.
Still, I stand by my words and my opinions. If someone wishes me harm over it, so be it. Call it foolish courage, or just foolishness if you will. But I refuse to bow before any threat. I will die to defend the right of free speech. It's one of the few things I'd willingly sacrifice my life for.

To me, backing out would be betraying myself and my own ideals. To quote a famous druglord from an 80's movie:
"I only have two things, my word and my balls and I don't break either, to nobody."

that crap happens in Europe. I live in one of the world friendliest countrys and that happens here
#58ABadNuffDudePosted 11/18/2012 4:19:28 PM
Don't forget long range attacks...

Imagine trying to shoot one of the bloodgoyles to stone in DMC3 with an auto target system constantly switching to the closest one in the direction you're facing and them doing their crazy circle flying acrobatics.

Heck even shooting a faust down to it's bug form in DMC4 would be horrible when more than one enemy is present and in the same direction as it with auto lock.

Now that I think about it this could even make the whip horrible... imagine trying to pull a certain weaken enemy to you but he's standing next to a big dude who if you use the whip on pulls you to him and punches you in the face, you'll probably be less likely to use the whip at all for fear of targeting the wrong guy.

Generally though even games with autolock use some kind of lock system for long range weapons (such as the column of light with the long range weapons in God of War) but so far this game seems to use the same rules set for melee with long range so I wanna see how that works out, I have quite a few long range accuracy/effectiveness tests planned for the demo...
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#59sundet84Posted 11/18/2012 4:22:43 PM
Strelok posted...
On the second argument:
The difference is this:
Fair difficulty because the game is genuinely challenging, or Fake difficulty because the game is screwing you over with a bad controlscheme.

hey. I did not argue. I have a discussion. Why so hostile
#60Hunter1534Posted 11/18/2012 4:27:12 PM
sundet84 posted...
Strelok posted...
On the second argument:
The difference is this:

hey. I did not argue. I have a discussion. Why so hostile

Read it again. He isn't hostile.
---
Yo momma got caught givin' up neck in the bathroom at the Woodcrest country club, and it wasn't yo daddy.