Are you guys ready for the most highly anticipated demo ever?

#21thissongagainPosted 11/19/2012 5:19:48 PM
Japanese_Jade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
thissongagain posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
They finally announced the MGR public demo?!

..... aw, you got my hopes up :(

Back to waiting for something that actually looks good to me..... *sigh*

same here.... ughhh

You guys aren't really missing out on anything special. Just another cake walk hack and slash game. I'm more convinced on renting MGR after playing the demo. Saved me $60.

You know the demo was dumbed down so people wouldn't get frustrated, right? They dumbed down the normal mode because they were worried people would be put off by the difficulty.

They did? What the hell was the point of having a normal and easy mode? >_>
They seriously need to stop treating American gamers like idiots if that's true.
Cause I was seriously annoyed with how cheap Zan Datsu was and easy it was to keep your health above 90%.

This is platinum studios we are talking about here the AKA the talent that use to exist in Capcom. Trust me it is going to hard as hell, and fun to play.
#22KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/19/2012 5:21:58 PM
Not to mention if MG is any indication, it'll probably have a lot of difficulties, like Big Boss hard and all that jazz. I imagine the hardest difficulty will be pretty damn frustrating (in a good way).
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#23kentrel7Posted 11/19/2012 5:25:21 PM
why isnt tomorrow here yet!
#24Phantom_Opera_GPosted 11/19/2012 5:29:47 PM(edited)
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I know that the fuel cells were buffed for the demo. In retail, they don't give you full health and cells. It might just be a little of each, or maybe only one. But I'm almost positive they said they buffed the cells up for the demo.

I can remember them saying as well about - for the first demo anyway - Zan-Datsu and Blade Mode were intentionally overpowered so people could play it and have fun cutting stuff up, come the final product it will be properly balanced. Also you don't need to Zan-Datsu enemies for health or energy as you can power up your power supply via dishing out the damage and some enemies after killing them will drop a green orb type item that will increase your health.

EDIT: also if you think you can just stand about and spam Blade Mode all day a swift kick to the face from a Gekko will soon change your mind.
---
Holy Diver You're the star of the masquerade
No need to look so afraid
#25Lord_MizerPosted 11/19/2012 5:30:41 PM
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I know that the fuel cells were buffed for the demo. In retail, they don't give you full health and cells. It might just be a little of each, or maybe only one. But I'm almost positive they said they buffed the cells up for the demo.

I can remember them saying as well about - for the first demo anyway - Zan-Datsu and Blade Mode were intentionally overpowered so people could play it and have fun cutting stuff up, come the final product it will be properly balanced. Also you don't need to Zan-Datsu enemies for health or energy as you can power up your power supply via dishing out the damage and some enemies after killing them will drop a green orb type item that will increase your health.

EDIT: also if you think you can just stand about and spam Blade Mode all day a swift kick from a Gekko will soon change your mind.

Sounds challenging (in a good way).

Looks like MGR will be right at home with my collection.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#26Japanese_JadePosted 11/19/2012 5:33:47 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

EDIT: also if you think you can just stand about and spam Blade Mode all day a swift kick to the face from a Gekko will soon change your mind.

Had it not been for throwing us two easy modes, this would've been a solid buy for me. The better game better be challenging. I'd hate to see wasted potential used up on casuals.

Sadly, fun = EASY/I'M SO GOOD! ^_^
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#27KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/19/2012 5:35:27 PM
Japanese_Jade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Had it not been for throwing us two easy modes, this would've been a solid buy for me. The better game better be challenging. I'd hate to see wasted potential used up on casuals.

Wait, isn't DmC the same thing? They've confirmed it's made for casuals, so why would you penalize MGR because it's too easy, but not DmC?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#28Phantom_Opera_GPosted 11/19/2012 5:36:26 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

EDIT: also if you think you can just stand about and spam Blade Mode all day a swift kick from a Gekko will soon change your mind.

Sounds challenging (in a good way).

Looks like MGR will be right at home with my collection.

true that, what with the lack of a dodge move and parrying being your only option it will push you to pay attention and be right on the mark to block those incoming attacks meaning you won't be able to stand and mindless mash your way through it because if you do you will get destroyed, end of demo boss LQ-84-I says hello on that front. Here's a tip when fighting him, whatever you do do not chase after him because he will kick your ass if you do that, stand your ground and parry.
---
Holy Diver You're the star of the masquerade
No need to look so afraid
#29Japanese_JadePosted 11/19/2012 5:38:50 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Wait, isn't DmC the same thing? They've confirmed it's made for casuals, so why would you penalize MGR because it's too easy, but not DmC?

From what I played, DmC isn't as easy as people said it is. Based off of demos alone, MGR was a cake walk compared to the DmC demo I played at NYCC. I actually died during the Poison boss fight >_< It was embarrassing using a Gold orb (luckily I wasn't alone).

I would be demonizing DmC but it was actually pretty challenging (like 7/10?)
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#30kentrel7Posted 11/19/2012 5:40:02 PM
DmC is already confirmed to have several hard difficulty levels and it was even stated that the difficulty ramps up "dramatically" after the first few missions which would make sense seeing as people will need time to adjust to the control scheme and the game itself