Are you guys ready for the most highly anticipated demo ever?

#31Lord_MizerPosted 11/19/2012 4:42:46 PM
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I know that the fuel cells were buffed for the demo. In retail, they don't give you full health and cells. It might just be a little of each, or maybe only one. But I'm almost positive they said they buffed the cells up for the demo.

I can remember them saying as well about - for the first demo anyway - Zan-Datsu and Blade Mode were intentionally overpowered so people could play it and have fun cutting stuff up, come the final product it will be properly balanced. Also you don't need to Zan-Datsu enemies for health or energy as you can power up your power supply via dishing out the damage and some enemies after killing them will drop a green orb type item that will increase your health.

EDIT: also if you think you can just stand about and spam Blade Mode all day a swift kick from a Gekko will soon change your mind.

Sounds challenging (in a good way).

Looks like MGR will be right at home with my collection.

true that, what with the lack of a dodge move and parrying being your only option it will push you to pay attention and be right on the mark to block those incoming attacks meaning you won't be able to stand and mindless mash your way through it because if you do you will get destroyed, end of demo boss LQ-84-I says hello on that front. Here's a tip when fighting him, whatever you do do not chase after him because he will kick your ass if you do that, stand your ground and parry.

Thanks for the advice.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#32caffiend7Posted 11/19/2012 4:44:40 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
They finally announced the MGR public demo?!

..... aw, you got my hopes up :(

Back to waiting for something that actually looks good to me..... *sigh*

That.

Ah well, back to Borderlands 2.

I need to get that when I get money. Oh well, that's why I'm working from 11:30 pm till 3:30 am on Thanksgiving. Then a shift from 1:00-7:00pm the same day. Should be fun :D

Oh man that's brutal.
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#33KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/19/2012 4:45:18 PM
caffiend7 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
They finally announced the MGR public demo?!

..... aw, you got my hopes up :(

Back to waiting for something that actually looks good to me..... *sigh*

That.

Ah well, back to Borderlands 2.

I need to get that when I get money. Oh well, that's why I'm working from 11:30 pm till 3:30 am on Thanksgiving. Then a shift from 1:00-7:00pm the same day. Should be fun :D

Oh man that's brutal.

Good old Black Friday. I wonder how many people will be trampled.....
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#34Phantom_Opera_GPosted 11/19/2012 4:48:40 PM(edited)
Lord_Mizer posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I know that the fuel cells were buffed for the demo. In retail, they don't give you full health and cells. It might just be a little of each, or maybe only one. But I'm almost positive they said they buffed the cells up for the demo.

I can remember them saying as well about - for the first demo anyway - Zan-Datsu and Blade Mode were intentionally overpowered so people could play it and have fun cutting stuff up, come the final product it will be properly balanced. Also you don't need to Zan-Datsu enemies for health or energy as you can power up your power supply via dishing out the damage and some enemies after killing them will drop a green orb type item that will increase your health.

EDIT: also if you think you can just stand about and spam Blade Mode all day a swift kick from a Gekko will soon change your mind.

Sounds challenging (in a good way).

Looks like MGR will be right at home with my collection.

true that, what with the lack of a dodge move and parrying being your only option it will push you to pay attention and be right on the mark to block those incoming attacks meaning you won't be able to stand and mindless mash your way through it because if you do you will get destroyed, end of demo boss LQ-84-I says hello on that front. Here's a tip when fighting him, whatever you do do not chase after him because he will kick your ass if you do that, stand your ground and parry.

Thanks for the advice.

no problem dude. Also watch out for his 3 hit move, parry all 3 hits perfectly and you will feel awesome, ain't no better feeling....... dammit Canada its been a week now! I want my Rising demo dammit! *shakes fist*
---
Holy Diver You're the star of the masquerade
No need to look so afraid
#35Lord_MizerPosted 11/19/2012 4:49:33 PM
Okay, now you're getting me more hyped for MGR.

Then again, I don't mind. ^_^
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#36kentrel7Posted 11/19/2012 5:08:44 PM
Raidens combos look completely sick but the game really is a button masher. The parrying is overly easy but it better be considering theres no dodge button -_-

For those complaining about people being able to pull off stylish combos effortlessly in DmC i can confirm that MGR is no different. There isnt much depth but it still strikes me as a fast fun action pack game. Cant wait to see how the DmC demo sizes up to MGR demo.
#37Phantom_Opera_GPosted 11/19/2012 5:16:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#38Phantom_Opera_GPosted 11/19/2012 5:24:17 PM(edited)
Lord_Mizer posted...

Yea it's good MGR has proper parrying and not the type that if there is multiple attacks to a move just because you "parry" one it will knock the enemy into a stun state, you have to get them all like Devil May Cry 3/4's Royal Guard or Street Fighter III's parrying system and more recently Street Fighter IV's Focus Attack

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=JvtZS9hej-I

While you cannot parry bullets in Rising I have seen you can parry missiles, even slice them in two with Blade Mode. Laser beams - even though we haven't seen any - I'm not sure, that you may have dodge with Ninja Run
---
#39kentrel7Posted 11/19/2012 5:31:39 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...

Yea it's good MGR has proper parrying and not the type that if there is multiple attacks to a move just because you "parry" one it will knock the enemy into a stun state, you have to get them all like Devil May Cry 3/4's Royal Guard or Street Fighter III's parrying system and more recently Street Fighter IV's Focus Attack

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=JvtZS9hej-I

While you cannot parry bullets in Rising I have seen you can parry missiles, even slice them in two with Blade Mode. Laser beams - even though we haven't seen any - I'm not sure, that you may have dodge with Ninja Run

Eh Proper parrying i wouldnt go so far as to say. And missile slicing is possible if your facing the shooter which often times you wont be unless you target them directly. They have a nasty habit of blind siding you off screen which can be pretty darn annoying.
#40Phantom_Opera_GPosted 11/19/2012 6:00:38 PM(edited)
kentrel7 posted...
And missile slicing is possible if your facing the shooter which often times you wont be unless you target them directly. They have a nasty habit of blind siding you off screen which can be pretty darn annoying.

Yea I was getting memories of Ninja Gaiden 2 when that would happen hahaha

by proper parrying I meant you would have to throw yourself into the danger zone to do it, it's a risk and gamble but you get a massive reward for being successful and it's not something you can throw out willie nilly and always expect to be safe if you screw up. Take Street Fighter IV for example, you can't play whole match of using Focus Attacks and expect to be safe everytime you use it even with the dash cancel because you either attack or Focus Cancel, you can't do both outside of successful countering an attack. DmC's parry is normal attacks, so even if you miss time your attack you'll still hit them, assuming you attacked before them ofcourse or that's how I call it anyway. It shouldn't be something that can archived by attacking alone, I prefer to see it as a defensive tool either if it's one of many or your only option that makes you think when is the best time to use this and can I parry every hit? Proper risk reward you know with a real sense of achievement when you nail it.
---