Are you guys ready for the most highly anticipated demo ever?

#41masterkirby3Posted 11/19/2012 7:25:58 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I know that the fuel cells were buffed for the demo. In retail, they don't give you full health and cells. It might just be a little of each, or maybe only one. But I'm almost positive they said they buffed the cells up for the demo.

I can remember them saying as well about - for the first demo anyway - Zan-Datsu and Blade Mode were intentionally overpowered so people could play it and have fun cutting stuff up, come the final product it will be properly balanced. Also you don't need to Zan-Datsu enemies for health or energy as you can power up your power supply via dishing out the damage and some enemies after killing them will drop a green orb type item that will increase your health.

EDIT: also if you think you can just stand about and spam Blade Mode all day a swift kick to the face from a Gekko will soon change your mind.

Had it not been for throwing us two easy modes, this would've been a solid buy for me. The better game better be challenging. I'd hate to see wasted potential used up on casuals.

Sadly, fun = EASY/I'M SO GOOD! ^_^

Wait, isn't DmC the same thing? They've confirmed it's made for casuals, so why would you penalize MGR because it's too easy, but not DmC?

From what I played, DmC isn't as easy as people said it is. Based off of demos alone, MGR was a cake walk compared to the DmC demo I played at NYCC. I actually died during the Poison boss fight >_< It was embarrassing using a Gold orb (luckily I wasn't alone).

I would be demonizing DmC but it was actually pretty challenging (like 7/10?)

You...died to Poison? I'm sorry, I don't want to come off as rude but nothing about the Poison fight was difficult. How did you die? All of the attacks are so telegraphed its insulting to the player. Did you jump into the demo not knowing how to play? Did you play on a system not familiar to you? I mean, I played the fight on the 360 and did pretty alright for myself, had some people cheering me on but seriously? Please explain to me how you could have lost.
---
PSN: TwilightKirby3
http://www.youtube.com/user/Chaosmajin328?feature=mhee
#42Japanese_JadePosted 11/19/2012 8:14:37 PM
masterkirby3 posted...

You...died to Poison? I'm sorry, I don't want to come off as rude but nothing about the Poison fight was difficult. How did you die? All of the attacks are so telegraphed its insulting to the player. Did you jump into the demo not knowing how to play? Did you play on a system not familiar to you? I mean, I played the fight on the 360 and did pretty alright for myself, had some people cheering me on but seriously? Please explain to me how you could have lost.

Unlucky maybe? I had a hard time trying to cope with the controls. I went in playing like it was the original DMC so it was mostly my fault. That and I got hit by most of Poison's stronger attacks which do take out a lot.

With a little practice, it'll be easier.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#43masterkirby3Posted 11/19/2012 8:59:05 PM
masterkirby3 posted...

Unlucky maybe? I had a hard time trying to cope with the controls. I went in playing like it was the original DMC so it was mostly my fault. That and I got hit by most of Poison's stronger attacks which do take out a lot.

With a little practice, it'll be easier.

So the demo wasn't necessarily difficult, you were just fighting with the controls more than the boss. Did you play Under Watch first or did you just jump right into the boss fight?
---
PSN: TwilightKirby3
http://www.youtube.com/user/Chaosmajin328?feature=mhee
#44StrelokPosted 11/20/2012 12:26:00 AM
Fighting with the controls more than the enemies...

Well, I can tell that it's a Ninja Theory game through and through...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg