The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Let me be the first to tear this public demo to shreds...

#1Japanese_JadePosted 11/20/2012 4:58:40 AM(edited)
With so many positive previews of this game, its hard to believe its so "flawless" in its design. Well fear not, because there are some serious gripes I have with this game (mostly on difficulty). I've been highly optimistic of this title up till this point. But there are some things that bring it down that need attention:

-Its WAY too easy getting upgrade tokens. I've already put in like an hour on this demo on both hard modes (and levels) and have gotten around 9 upgrade tokens. Seriously, I could see myself getting everything easily if this is the case (if one upgrade = one token)

-Hard mode feels like Normal and Son of Sparda feel like Normal with different enemies.

-The dodge with the arbiter isn't quick enough for those instantaneous dodges (perfect evade). I get that the Axe is heavy but the amount of time to recover from its swing to dodge is SLOW!

-The secret rooms are a laughably easy. The requirements made me feel like some kind of idiot. 2 minutes to get an S rank? I got it in like 20 seconds (maybe less) with small effort. The race room was kind of cool. But 1 minute to finish it when I could do 30 seconds without really trying says something.

-Devil Trigger is way too overpowered. Seriously, I'd rather play the game without it to make things harder.

-The auto lock is KILLING he combat. While fighting an aerial cherub and a ground Frost, I found myself struggling to keep my focus on one. There could be other instances of this. Hard lock would've made this game SO much better.

-For mission completion, you earn too much. The rewarding is far too much after a mission. Too much rewards = less replay value. I need to earn over time, not have christmas after every mission. Rewards NEED nerfing.

I still look forward to this game upon release. I REALLY enjoyed the demo but the difficulty is kind of low for a 4 difficulty choice demo, there are some balance issues, and some technical issues need to be addressed.

I hope NT buffs up some of the enemies.
The combo stringing is addictive, the visuals are sick, and the music is the best (dat Mission Complete melody and combat BGM *UN-TIS) in the series in my opinion. Feel free to add to this list.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#2exodiarkPosted 11/20/2012 4:51:02 AM
So mostly balance issues eh :D?
Looking good, I hope they take feedbacks from demo players.
#3zeroblade2Posted 11/20/2012 4:51:45 AM
I'm assuming the demo is out elsewhere, I don't see it on the U.S. store
---
My comic art site http://www.facebook.com/seanstephensart
#4ColonelChikenPosted 11/20/2012 4:54:28 AM(edited)
All of my things might be personal gripes, but I'll go for it.

That angel form and demon form mechanic is confusing as hell for me. Not when fighting, but when it comes to shooting and platforming, that's junks just overly complicated. During the poison fight, I just kept jumping from platform to platform when I tried to follow up shooting with an angel attack.

Also, I don't think it's out for PSN, yet.
#5zeroblade2Posted 11/20/2012 4:55:44 AM
Ooooh Xbox Live, doh' Oh well, I'll just play some Max Payne 3 until it comes out, LOL
---
My comic art site http://www.facebook.com/seanstephensart
#6T_AcePosted 11/20/2012 4:56:22 AM
Hey TC, do you know if you can upgrade in the demo? I can't find the shop
---
"Favored by the world my ass...I'm going to say it flat out. You're nothing but a worthless criminal!!!"
#7Japanese_Jade(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 5:06:22 AM
T_Ace posted...
Hey TC, do you know if you can upgrade in the demo? I can't find the shop

I don't think you can. From what I heard, you're supposed to be able to test it out. I've yet to come across a divinity statue. I've located all the secret rooms, keys and Lost Souls though :P
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#8Vault_ZeroPosted 11/20/2012 5:09:03 AM
Japanese_Jade posted...
With so many positive previews of this game, its hard to believe its so "flawless" in its design. Well fear not, because there are some serious gripes I have with this game (mostly on difficulty). I've been highly optimistic of this title up till this point. But there are some things that bring it down that need attention:

-Its WAY too easy getting upgrade tokens. I've already put in like an hour on this demo on both hard modes (and levels) and have gotten around 9 upgrade tokens. Seriously, I could see myself getting everything easily if this is the case (if one upgrade = one token)

-Hard mode feels like Normal and Son of Sparda feel like Normal with different enemies.

-The dodge with the arbiter isn't quick enough for those instantaneous dodges (perfect evade). I get that the Axe is heavy but the amount of time to recover from its swing to dodge is SLOW!

-The secret rooms are a laughably easy. The requirements made me feel like some kind of idiot. 2 minutes to get an S rank? I got it in like 20 seconds (maybe less) with small effort. The race room was kind of cool. But 1 minute to finish it when I could do 30 seconds without really trying says something.

-Devil Trigger is way too overpowered. Seriously, I'd rather play the game without it to make things harder.

-The auto lock is KILLING he combat. While fighting an aerial cherub and a ground Frost, I found myself struggling to keep my focus on one. There could be other instances of this. Hard lock would've made this game SO much better.

-For mission completion, you earn too much. The rewarding is far too much after a mission. Too much rewards = less replay value. I need to earn over time, not have christmas after every mission. Rewards NEED nerfing.

I still look forward to this game upon release. I REALLY enjoyed the demo but the difficulty is kind of low for a 4 difficulty choice demo, there are some balance issues, and some technical issues need to be addressed.

I hope NT buffs up some of the enemies.
The combo stringing is addictive, the visuals are sick, and the music is the best (dat Mission Complete melody and combat BGM *UN-TIS) in the series in my opinion. Feel free to add to this list.

I appreciate your honesty. I'll have to wait for PSN though.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#9m100t8sPosted 11/20/2012 5:14:48 AM
I agree with you about Devil Trigger, it should get nerfed somehow, It's a god mode and DT isn't supposed to make easy that much. also enemies are so easy to kill and you can play the demo without getting any damage. Overall it's a good Hack and Slash game. not a flop.
#10TaizukuPosted 11/20/2012 5:17:00 AM
m100t8s posted...
I agree with you about Devil Trigger, it should get nerfed somehow, It's a god mode and DT isn't supposed to make easy that much. also enemies are so easy to kill and you can play the demo without getting any damage. Overall it's a good Hack and Slash game. not a flop.

Yeah it sounds like a regular Hack n Slash. All I'm thinking of is the other stupid easy modes in H&Ss like Rage of the Titans, Hysteria mode, God Hand. Sounds like they just made a legit H&S. Interesting.
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame