Let me be the first to tear this public demo to shreds...

#11mahroflcopterPosted 11/20/2012 6:23:41 AM
Taizuku posted...
m100t8s posted...
I agree with you about Devil Trigger, it should get nerfed somehow, It's a god mode and DT isn't supposed to make easy that much. also enemies are so easy to kill and you can play the demo without getting any damage. Overall it's a good Hack and Slash game. not a flop.

Yeah it sounds like a regular Hack n Slash. All I'm thinking of is the other stupid easy modes in H&Ss like Rage of the Titans, Hysteria mode, God Hand. Sounds like they just made a legit H&S. Interesting.

But that's the problem: from the sounds of it, all they did was make a regular hack n' slash with pretty visuals. I'll reserve my final judgement until after I try out the demo (trying it out this afternoon), but I'm not exactly filled with confidence after hearing all of this.
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
Now currenly searching for rofl to fuel mah copter.
#12TaizukuPosted 11/20/2012 6:25:00 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
Taizuku posted...
m100t8s posted...
I agree with you about Devil Trigger, it should get nerfed somehow, It's a god mode and DT isn't supposed to make easy that much. also enemies are so easy to kill and you can play the demo without getting any damage. Overall it's a good Hack and Slash game. not a flop.

Yeah it sounds like a regular Hack n Slash. All I'm thinking of is the other stupid easy modes in H&Ss like Rage of the Titans, Hysteria mode, God Hand. Sounds like they just made a legit H&S. Interesting.

But that's the problem: from the sounds of it, all they did was make a regular hack n' slash with pretty visuals. I'll reserve my final judgement until after I try out the demo (trying it out this afternoon), but I'm not exactly filled with confidence after hearing all of this.

Personally it doesn't sound like much of an issue for me. I got tired of doing fancy and long combos in DMC long ago. I just played it like a H&S.
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#13m100t8sPosted 11/20/2012 6:40:30 AM
Taizuku posted...
m100t8s posted...

It's like any H&S game which is basically all i wanted, A good H&S game i can enjoy and not a flop, And we got it.
#14Vault_ZeroPosted 11/20/2012 6:42:32 AM
m100t8s posted...
Taizuku posted...
m100t8s posted...

It's like any H&S game which is basically all i wanted, A good H&S game i can enjoy and not a flop, And we got it.

Wy name it Devil May Cry and not Heavenly Sword 2? We obviously got a very much watered down DMC game. No Offence. That is what I am getting from people that have played the demo.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#15Phantom_Opera_GPosted 11/20/2012 6:43:33 AM
well I've had a play through of the first level on the hard difficulty, its alright but the controls feel abit...... messy. Parrying felt pointless due to how long it took for the enemies to attack, I could have went boiled the kettle and be back with a cup of tea and still probably attack too early. Its no DMC but its decent which was what I was expecting from it.
---
Holy Diver You're the star of the masquerade
No need to look so afraid
#16zfair89Posted 11/20/2012 6:45:08 AM
So most first impressions are positive? I'm surprised tbh, it seemed to me from the videos that they've lowered the bar of entry but without preserving the rich combat options from before. But then I don't come here often enough. I don't know which way you guys are split between DMC and DmC fans.
#17DarkJaydragonPosted 11/20/2012 6:47:35 AM
It's taking me a while to get used to the weapon switching (I keep forgetting which ones do which) but I like it, it's actually a little faster than I thought it was going to be, I do love the combo flow once you get it working though, it feels good.

I do agree with your points though, Jade.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#18mahroflcopterPosted 11/20/2012 6:48:49 AM
zfair89 posted...
So most first impressions are positive? I'm surprised tbh, it seemed to me from the videos that they've lowered the bar of entry but without preserving the rich combat options from before. But then I don't come here often enough. I don't know which way you guys are split between DMC and DmC fans.

People are saying it's a decent game in its own right but not a Devil May Cry. So reception is more "It's what I expected" or "I guess its good... just not Devil May Cry". Not sure if that counts as positive.
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
Now currenly searching for rofl to fuel mah copter.
#19TaizukuPosted 11/20/2012 6:50:01 AM
Vault_Zero posted...
m100t8s posted...
Taizuku posted...
m100t8s posted...

Wy name it Devil May Cry and not Heavenly Sword 2? We obviously got a very much watered down DMC game. No Offence. That is what I am getting from people that have played the demo.

Because Capcom wanted to make a H&S based on the world of DMC. So they got someone to do it. Clearly it's a watered down DMC. DMC had an extremely niche hardcore fanbase. They wanted to get rid of that. Simple as that.
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#20m100t8sPosted 11/20/2012 6:52:25 AM
Vault_Zero posted...
m100t8s posted...
Taizuku posted...
m100t8s posted...

DMC games were one of the hardest H&S games, I can't lie about this but DmC isn't that hard. But still a good game in my opinon.

"Wy name it Devil May Cry and not Heavenly Sword 2"
Capcom wanted the reboot and Ninja Theory did their job. Ninja Theory just did what Capcom asked "The rebooted DMC game". The story in DmC is interesting and worth knowing and environments looks amazing. Also Vergil's have a bunch of new moves and moves from old DMC and Dante doesn't have much from what i saw in the demo. kinda disappointed how the main character "Dante" doesn't have that goodly moves and "Vergil" the DLC character is much better.

The demo is coming on 21st for the PSN guys, CapcomUK twitter confirmed that.