Let me be the first to tear this public demo to shreds...

#21zfair89Posted 11/20/2012 6:54:07 AM
I don't understand that though. I don't see why you can't diversify without alienating the original audience. RE4 accomplished that. Would it really be so hard to make a DMC game that's easy to get to grips with, but difficult to master? They almost did it with DMC4. If only the game wasn't so obviously rushed.
#22nayssPosted 11/20/2012 6:56:13 AM
i'll add in some stuff here as well...

i really could not get used to the new controls, they felt off.

i think it's the fact that there are too many moves mapped to the LT and RT...

ie) having to do the air dash while holding or pressing the LT feels odd.

also having the grab and pull mechanic mapped to LT and RT just does not feel right to me.

does anyone who played the demo, get what i'm trying to say?
---
"i'm softer than a thrift store sweater and twice as worn in."
#23DiaNimPosted 11/20/2012 6:56:29 AM
m100t8s posted...
The demo is coming on 21st for the PSN guys, CapcomUK twitter confirmed that.

I think that's the release date for Europe. Hopefully, the DmC demo will be on PSN by the time I get off work >.>
---
Always smile : )
Currently reading: "The Count of Monte Cristo"
#24DarkJaydragonPosted 11/20/2012 6:58:06 AM
nayss posted...

also having the grab and pull mechanic mapped to LT and RT just does not feel right to me.

That's what I was saying but I'm slowly getting used to it, I mainly get confused as to whether i'm pushing or pulling lol.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#25ColonelChikenPosted 11/20/2012 6:59:19 AM
nayss posted...

All too well. I had the same problems. I don't know what it is .about them it just feels over stuffed.
#26Phantom_Opera_GPosted 11/20/2012 7:06:12 AM(edited)
^ for all that they said they were aiming it at casuals I don't know I think they've made things too complicated, trying to put too many things on one button when you you had before you only had to press one button and you had this weapon/style, holding the button for a weapon just makes it feel as I said really clunky and messy. But as I said it not terrible just not to the same quality I would expect from a game thats got Devil May Cry on the box (especially when it has it twice!)
---
Holy Diver You're the star of the masquerade
No need to look so afraid
#27En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 8:23:24 AM
TC, I'm about to download the demo right now and see for myself, but so far everything you've said sounds mostly positive to me.

Devil Trigger should be better, and you should get upgrade tokens and decent scores without killing yourself. I own and have completed all the DMC games, and they're great (well, mostly) but that doesn't mean they're perfect. A little change is a welcome thing to me. And I don't think I could like this game less than DMC4.

You don't need to try and be sooooo hardcore and tell us how you need way more challenge to satisfy your unparalleled skills.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#28Japanese_Jade(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:34:02 AM
En Sabah Nur posted...
TC, I'm about to download the demo right now and see for myself, but so far everything you've said sounds mostly positive to me.

Devil Trigger should be better, and you should get upgrade tokens and decent scores without killing yourself. I own and have completed all the DMC games, and they're great (well, mostly) but that doesn't mean they're perfect. A little change is a welcome thing to me. And I don't think I could like this game less than DMC4.

You don't need to try and be sooooo hardcore and tell us how you need way more challenge to satisfy your unparalleled skills.

I don't consider myself extremely hardcore. The game rewards you too much. Mind you, this demo came out this morning and I have enough upgrade tokens for all skills just about. The rewards are too great for even casual players.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#29Hades192Posted 11/20/2012 8:43:19 AM
To m800t(sp.). DMC should rate way higher than "a good hack and slash that's not a flop."

You should be saying; it has redefined the genre or if you been around long enough it has Again redefined the genre.

DMC quality in gameplay has set the bar too high for the phrase, "DmC not being a flop." to have any merit. DMC should be a goddamn blast, and nothing less.
#30antking61Posted 11/20/2012 8:46:13 AM
Not many shreds were torn...
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!