Let me be the first to tear this public demo to shreds...

#31Japanese_Jade(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:58:30 AM
antking61 posted...
Not many shreds were torn...

That's a good thing.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#32T_AcePosted 11/20/2012 9:05:40 AM
It's a good demo. Controls do have a learning curve, but they aren't that hard to master. Once you do master them, combat becomes really addicting. I can't wait for the full game to have access to all his moves. The regular difficulty is slightly easy, if you played any past games in the series start on Nilphilm or whatever it's called. If you're still complaining, Son Of Sparda should give you a good challenge and remixed enemies. As far as Dante himself goes, he reminds me of a slightly more grounded DMC 3 Dante. If you play this demo and say that's not Dante, then I literally will not believe you because so much of what makes Dante Dante is still there.

So, minus the learning curve, the demo is really good. Everyone should try it.
---
"Favored by the world my ass...I'm going to say it flat out. You're nothing but a worthless criminal!!!"
#33delon33Posted 11/20/2012 9:40:14 AM(edited)
Is the Devil trigger really overpowered? It lasts so short and you don't get to pull off that Giga Drill Breaker from DMC4.
---
Wife is a funny creature, she leaves her husband without sex for months and kills the one woman who has sex with her husband.
#34shatterstarPosted 11/20/2012 9:40:03 AM
@Japanese_Hade. Honestly I thinking you're jumping the gun just a little bit with your demo review.

The game is amazing and becomes very addictive once you start to wrap your head around the controls, camera, and auto-lock system. I'm not having any problems with the auto-lock once I got use to it and now starting to master it.

Combat, weapon and firm swapping is starting to open up more to me now the more that I play it. I'm. Even getting better with the jump canceling helm breaker move.

I stop forcing it and starting to realize that the combat is more rhythm based. Once I started pacing myself, the more it all started making sense to me. It's all timing and learning the flow of it.

Also SoS mode is pretty challenging when you're focusing on trying to triple S it and also get a good ranking. If you're just hacking and shooting through it like a mad man and not giving a damn about ranking and style and just trying to get through it,I'll agree with you...lol.
#35Japanese_Jade(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 9:50:11 AM
shatterstar posted...
@Japanese_Hade. Honestly I thinking you're jumping the gun just a little bit with your demo review.

The game is amazing and becomes very addictive once you start to wrap your head around the controls, camera, and auto-lock system. I'm not having any problems with the auto-lock once I got use to it and now starting to master it.

Combat, weapon and firm swapping is starting to open up more to me now the more that I play it. I'm. Even getting better with the jump canceling helm breaker move.

I stop forcing it and starting to realize that the combat is more rhythm based. Once I started pacing myself, the more it all started making sense to me. It's all timing and learning the flow of it.

Also SoS mode is pretty challenging when you're focusing on trying to triple S it and also get a good ranking. If you're just hacking and shooting through it like a mad man and not giving a damn about ranking and style and just trying to get through it,I'll agree with you...lol.

The current challenge of the demo is acceptable. I will take back the "too easy" part.

But I still to my guns with everything I said. Taking away hard lock is a downgrade no matter how you look at it. There are two evade buttons and a launch button. If anything, at least clicking the right thumb stick for hard lock and using one of those bumpers to toggle would've been excellent. Sure, there are ways around it. This is obviously something I put together in timely fashion before going on with my regular day.

This game isn't perfect and anyone to argue otherwise is plain delusional. However, this game is pretty well done. I'm only saying what should need attention as a highly experienced DMC player. This game could be casual and hardcore at the same time if it tried to.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#36shatterstarPosted 11/20/2012 11:25:27 AM
Japanese_Jade posted...
shatterstar posted...

The current challenge of the demo is acceptable. I will take back the "too easy" part.

But I still to my guns with everything I said. Taking away hard lock is a downgrade no matter how you look at it. There are two evade buttons and a launch button. If anything, at least clicking the right thumb stick for hard lock and using one of those bumpers to toggle would've been excellent. Sure, there are ways around it. This is obviously something I put together in timely fashion before going on with my regular day.

This game isn't perfect and anyone to argue otherwise is plain delusional. However, this game is pretty well done. I'm only saying what should need attention as a highly experienced DMC player. This game could be casual and hardcore at the same time if it tried to.

Well I suggest you play it more because I don't have a problem with the auto-lock, once I've figured out how it works.

Every enemy I point Dante at, he will grab it and attack it. Pace yourself mate, pace yourself and feel the controls. Once you've achieved a balance with it, it'll all flow naturally.
#37Kira0987Posted 11/20/2012 2:34:07 PM
Hades192 posted...
To m800t(sp.). DMC should rate way higher than "a good hack and slash that's not a flop."

You should be saying; it has redefined the genre or if you been around long enough it has Again redefined the genre.

DMC quality in gameplay has set the bar too high for the phrase, "DmC not being a flop." to have any merit. DMC should be a goddamn blast, and nothing less.

This exactly. They shouldn't be aiming for "it's alright" when doing something this controversial and putting DMC on the title. They should be aiming to raise the bar.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard