DmC the fall of another good series.

#1Albert_Wesker94Posted 11/20/2012 7:44:19 PM
In my opinion this game didn't feel like Devil May Cry at all. The things that ruined it was the horrible dialogue dante says before fighting the demons...the lack of a lock on system, and the Devil Trigger was also a huge disappointment. White hair and an anti gravity field...who the hell thought that was remotely cool...you can already launch enemies and grapple them towards you why do you need an anti gravity field...Capcom what the hell are you doing with your games lately...
---
Favorite Resident Evil is Deadly Silence. Seven minutes, seven minutes is all i can spare to play with you.---> Albert Wesker.
#2En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 7:48:20 PM
The only thing I really have to address at this moment is this:

The things that ruined it was the horrible dialogue dante says before fighting the demons

Really? Have you played any other DMC game? Any of them at all? They're BUILT on bad dialogue. This is the first one to actually be semi-realistic (or at least less over-the-top) in terms of character interactions.

Or do you think gaming badassery peaked at "Flock off, feather face"?
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#3jacobfilyaw22Posted 11/20/2012 7:51:08 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...

The things that ruined it was the horrible dialogue dante says before fighting the demons

Really? Have you played any other DMC game? Any of them at all? They're BUILT on bad dialogue. This is the first one to actually be semi-realistic (or at least less over-the-top) in terms of character interactions.

To be honest, I think fans are blind and have forgotten how certain things were in the prior games. This series was never known for good voice acting or story. Anyone who is complaining about those things are nit picking and just being ridiculous!
---
"Chuck Norris was in charge of tightening up teh grafix on Crysis. Any game trying for better is doomed for epic fail." -Vrack
#4Shinra-ArmyPosted 11/20/2012 7:51:29 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
This is the first one to actually be semi-realistic (or at least less over-the-top) in terms of character interactions.

That wa spart of the charm.
---
WRRYYYYers posted...
I am a former Spetsnaz operative and I have killed a taekwondo master before.
#5KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 7:52:38 PM
jacobfilyaw22 posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...

To be honest, I think fans are blind and have forgotten how certain things were in the prior games. This series was never known for good voice acting or story. Anyone who is complaining about those things are nit picking and just being ridiculous!

The old games dialogue wasn't meant to be serious. This game is supposed to "break the idea that games can't have Hollywood level story and writing". I'm really not seeing that here.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#6mahroflcopterPosted 11/20/2012 7:53:44 PM
jacobfilyaw22 posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...

The entire reason NT was contracted was because of their so called story telling abilities. We are having to give up a hell of a lot enable to see these so called story telling abilities, so we have every right to complain when it turns out to be only slightly better than what we had before at best .
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
Now currenly searching for rofl to fuel mah copter.
#7ejshinPosted 11/20/2012 7:54:51 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...

Difference is that the original series was campy so the bad dialogue fit. This is supposed to take a more realistic approach so bad dialogue sticks out like a sore thumb. It's a shame too, because the acting isn't all that bad. It's like hearing bad acting and dialogue in Adam West Batman movies, it's not that bad because it fits with the series. Bad dialogue in the Burton or Nolan movies, however, would not be accepted as easily.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it
#8Albert_Wesker94(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 7:58:17 PM(edited)
@En Sabah Nur

first off why are you getting so worked up? I'm just expressing my opinion like everyone else, calm down. And anyway the dialogue in 3 wasn't all that bad, Dante' was a wisecracking demon slayer who didn't take anything seriously, which resulted in comical boss fights and confrontations with other characters and Devil May Cry 4 was the same way. As far as i'm concerned that's part of the reason people prefer the other dante, because of his personality. Maybe in 1 and 2 it wasn't like that way but both of those games were both experiments. This game however, Dante sounds like he is trying to hard to appeal to the fans with a wanna be badass attitude.
---
Favorite Resident Evil is Deadly Silence. Seven minutes, seven minutes is all i can spare to play with you.---> Albert Wesker.
#9Dragoon_KailPosted 11/20/2012 8:05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b3oIhgHGJ0&feature=youtu.be

Prety much sums it up
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#10rice_noodlesPosted 11/20/2012 8:06:49 PM
jacobfilyaw22 posted...

I think you are holding it to the wrong standards.

Tameem: This is also the first game I've written, cast and directed myself. If i do my job right, you should be seeing a story of Dante that breaks the myth that all videogame stories are trite and will never stand up to the best that theatre and film have to offer.