DmC the fall of another good series.

#101En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 9:54:48 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Zio_Dyne posted...
Meh. Guess there's nothing more to add then.
You can hold onto those wait&see cards until the very last turn, but once you do finally play them, I hope it won't come as a shock that they function exactly as the description says...

I'm not waiting to see anything. I'm satisfied with how it all seems right now. It could turn out even better, or it could end up worse. It is what it is.

My comment is regarding those of you who are reacting extremely negatively to an issue that shouldn't even be on the table.

The cursing ISN'T excessive in my book, nor is it "trying to be cool". It's far more effective when used alongside a corny one-liner than delivering that same one-liner by itself. Your being uncomfortable with it doesn't necessarily make it bad, it means you have an issue to work through.

I've played games that relied far more on profanity, some to the point that it even started to stand out to me (and I use **** like it's going out of style, because that's how my dad is and always was, and I'm 28). DmC isn't in that category. It doesn't have "too much". It could get to that point if things fall apart, but from what I've seen it should be okay.

Dude, your book isn't the standard. In my book, it is excessive. You're making it seem like a subjective problem is wrong. You say that it's not too much, but to us it is. Then you say we're sissies? Why? Why can't we have a different opinion? Just get over the fact that some of us don't think it's necessary to have so much profanity just to make the script better. Heck, I'd take all the profanity in the world if it meant they'd take other things out of this... like the sex scene. If they took that out, Dante can say F*** YOU all he wants.

Jeez. Now you hate sex too?

http://memesters.com/images/items/iDontWantToLiveOnThisPlanetAnymoreLandscape.png
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#102KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 9:55:49 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Zio_Dyne posted...
You can hold onto those wait&see cards until the very last turn, but once you do finally play them, I hope it won't come as a shock that they function exactly as the description says...

I'm not waiting to see anything. I'm satisfied with how it all seems right now. It could turn out even better, or it could end up worse. It is what it is.

My comment is regarding those of you who are reacting extremely negatively to an issue that shouldn't even be on the table.

The cursing ISN'T excessive in my book, nor is it "trying to be cool". It's far more effective when used alongside a corny one-liner than delivering that same one-liner by itself. Your being uncomfortable with it doesn't necessarily make it bad, it means you have an issue to work through.

I've played games that relied far more on profanity, some to the point that it even started to stand out to me (and I use **** like it's going out of style, because that's how my dad is and always was, and I'm 28). DmC isn't in that category. It doesn't have "too much". It could get to that point if things fall apart, but from what I've seen it should be okay.

Dude, your book isn't the standard. In my book, it is excessive. You're making it seem like a subjective problem is wrong. You say that it's not too much, but to us it is. Then you say we're sissies? Why? Why can't we have a different opinion? Just get over the fact that some of us don't think it's necessary to have so much profanity just to make the script better. Heck, I'd take all the profanity in the world if it meant they'd take other things out of this... like the sex scene. If they took that out, Dante can say F*** YOU all he wants.

http://memesters.com/images/items/iDontWantToLiveOnThisPlanetAnymoreLandscape.png

I hate unnecessary sex scenes, but sex is pretty cool.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#103malicemizerfanPosted 11/20/2012 9:58:42 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Since we are on the topic of school fights anyone else ever get hit with a chair by the other guys friend? No? I win then. (aww I seem to be sboering up. :(0

You beat 4 people bigger than you in a fit of rage that you had to have years of therapy for after? I win then. Still have anger problems, no more guilt about it though.

Beating up four people is no huge achivement, geting back up afte being hit in the head by this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2mqF6h23Bh4/TgPN-Vh5LCI/AAAAAAAAABg/kudhaLpFbeY/s1600/Armrest-School-Chair-MXZY-053-.jpg and winning is. :p

How about getting up with what you would later be told is 4 cracked ribs, a broken left hand 2 shattered knuckles on the right and having a "slightly cracked" skull after having been stomped because you caught a rock with your temple? According to the doctor, adrenaline and shock are pretty much the only reason I didn't die. My family is only ever good at three things historically, fighting, doctoring, and being obstinate lawyers. I hate legal speak, and the sight of blood(mine) freaks me out. I think i might want to be a chef.
#104En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 9:59:00 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Zio_Dyne posted...

I hate unnecessary sex scenes, but sex is pretty cool.

Alright. As long as we have that straightened out.

I'm not in support of so much profanity or sex or violence in media that nothing else gets through. Trust me. I have a variety of hobbies from games to comics and I don't require everything to be dark and edgy to enjoy them.

However, I can honestly say that some well placed swear words and other applications of "mature" content can be really entertaining. You're entitled to think DMC is taking it too far, but I really don't feel that way. The whole game feels "just right" to me. Not perfect, but a happy medium. Just enough without being too much.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#105Zio_DynePosted 11/20/2012 10:03:02 PM
I think it's fine to speak your mind and your concerns because we need honest debate. I don't think it's fine to say that Tameen and a bunch of other people should thrown out in the street or killed because they made this game. There's been posts like that here before.

Whoa whoa. I didn't say anything like that. That definitely would be crossing the line.
I might have implied that whoever wrote the script for this game is...sub-Shakespearean; possibly that they're bad and they should feel bad, but I wasn't clamoring for them to be hung at the gallows for it. Plenty of people suck at their jobs, and they live to suck another day. I'll wish Tameem and his flunkies all the best in life so long as he stays the hell away from DMC in the future, lol.
#106KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 10:05:47 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
Alright. As long as we have that straightened out.

I'm not in support of so much profanity or sex or violence in media that nothing else gets through. Trust me. I have a variety of hobbies from games to comics and I don't require everything to be dark and edgy to enjoy them.

However, I can honestly say that some well placed swear words and other applications of "mature" content can be really entertaining. You're entitled to think DMC is taking it too far, but I really don't feel that way. The whole game feels "just right" to me. Not perfect, but a happy medium. Just enough without being too much.

That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. Just remember that other people will often have a different opinion, especially around here. We do have legitimate complaints against this game, we aren't just raging. Sure, sometimes we nitpick, but a lot of people do that.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#107Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 10:07:38 PM
I think it's fine to speak your mind and your concerns because we need honest debate. I don't think it's fine to say that Tameen and a bunch of other people should thrown out in the street or killed because they made this game. There's been posts like that here before.

Whoa whoa. I didn't say anything like that. That definitely would be crossing the line.
I might have implied that whoever wrote the script for this game is...sub-Shakespearean; possibly that they're bad and they should feel bad, but I wasn't clamoring for them to be hung at the gallows for it. Plenty of people suck at their jobs, and they live to suck another day. I'll wish Tameem and his flunkies all the best in life so long as he stays the hell away from DMC in the future, lol.

Actually, I hope for the day they're all laughed out of the business and go terribly broke for it.

I'm a self-professed living well of endless hate. What can I say?
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#108DevilTears604Posted 11/20/2012 10:09:54 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...

Well, I'm not implying that you said that. But there have been plenty of death threats directed at NT in general. Just FYI, Tameen is writing and directing this game, and it's his first time doing either. His comment about transcending game story may bite him in the ass, but the guy got assigned this job by Capcom, and judging from the demo and from his interviews, he's proud of his work and is passionate about it too. He's caught between a rock and hard place, and I personally think it's admirable that he's tried to keep DMC fans and Capcom happy at the same time. The guy catches too much flak, I think, for just doing his job.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V
#109ZeroX91Posted 11/20/2012 10:14:21 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Since we are on the topic of school fights anyone else ever get hit with a chair by the other guys friend? No? I win then. (aww I seem to be sboering up. :(0

You beat 4 people bigger than you in a fit of rage that you had to have years of therapy for after? I win then. Still have anger problems, no more guilt about it though.

Beating up four people is no huge achivement, geting back up afte being hit in the head by this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2mqF6h23Bh4/TgPN-Vh5LCI/AAAAAAAAABg/kudhaLpFbeY/s1600/Armrest-School-Chair-MXZY-053-.jpg and winning is. :p

How about getting up with what you would later be told is 4 cracked ribs, a broken left hand 2 shattered knuckles on the right and having a "slightly cracked" skull after having been stomped because you caught a rock with your temple? According to the doctor, adrenaline and shock are pretty much the only reason I didn't die. My family is only ever good at three things historically, fighting, doctoring, and being obstinate lawyers. I hate legal speak, and the sight of blood(mine) freaks me out. I think i might want to be a chef.

You are taking this pissin' contest too seriously, just pointing out your fit of rage isn't that uncommon, it's happened to quite a few of us on this board and probably others. Comes along with the stereotypical territory...after awhile you just get pushed too far you know. lol
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDlmamEaVE
#110malicemizerfanPosted 11/20/2012 10:24:58 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

You are taking this pissin' contest too seriously, just pointing out your fit of rage isn't that uncommon, it's happened to quite a few of us on this board and probably others. Comes along with the stereotypical territory...after awhile you just get pushed too far you know. lol

I know, just don't like being treated dismissivly. And my entire fighting style back then was "get the #### kicked out of me until they get tired, then hammer them." I can really take a beating and just keep getting up.