DmC the fall of another good series.

#111DevilTears604Posted 11/20/2012 10:54:14 PM
Kinda doubt you've ever been in a fight though. I've seen a fair amount of fights, and usually the first guy to go down is the one that loses.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V
#112ZeroX91Posted 11/20/2012 11:04:21 PM
keyword usually, don't make the assumption that we are weak do to "geeky" hobbies. I've won and lost plenty, I'm a mouthy ass who likes to drink.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDlmamEaVE
#113vegeta2002Posted 11/20/2012 11:20:24 PM
Forget DMC. Does anyone else notice that this holiday season has already seen several AAA titles reviewed horribly and several Nintendo investment under perform?

Gaming is already knee deep in an innovation rut (motion controls...) I hope a lot of bad companies don't survive this.
#114Devil_wings00Posted 11/20/2012 11:29:12 PM
lol really did you even play any of the others? The only one with an even passable story was the third. The first game's plot is barely there. It's literally "bad guy here, go there, kill him, k thanks". Dante's not a great character he's just a wise cracking badass of the most generic kind. He falls into the same category as characters like Darth maul, they look cool but that's about it.

The hack and slashing has always been the star of the show and as long as that's good the dressing around it is as disposable as everything else in this series. DMC 2 was drastically different then DMC 1. Dante's personality wasn't even the same. If it wasn't for him looking the same as he did in dmc 1 he'd be a completely different character. So Dante changing is nothing new to this series. Didn't you fight a shape shifting pope in the 4th game? This isn't high art here.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#115StrelokPosted 11/20/2012 11:37:32 PM
The issue with me is that Dante is almost a classic superhero in what he does.
Much like Spiderman.

Spiderman rarely cursed and more often joked around with his enemies, taunting them instead of screaming obscenities. Same for Dante.

The extremely excessive cursing is only done to be "cool and edgy", but because of how much it's used it more resembles Jerry Springer, but then without being funny.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#116KaenaydarPosted 11/20/2012 11:46:00 PM
Only complaint i have thus far is controls are confusing especailly with the heaven and hell chain thing. to me DMC 4 had it right with the arm if a objects meant to be pulled was pulled if wasnt you got pulled to it.
#117pyro_buntaPosted 11/20/2012 11:46:27 PM
Finally.

Thank you for pointing out that Dante is japan's Spiderman. Of course with a side of Deadpool too.
---
...if you know what I mean
#118ShadowBoyZXPosted 11/21/2012 12:01:22 AM
Devil_wings00 posted...
lol really did you even play any of the others? The only one with an even passable story was the third. The first game's plot is barely there. It's literally "bad guy here, go there, kill him, k thanks". Dante's not a great character he's just a wise cracking badass of the most generic kind. He falls into the same category as characters like Darth maul, they look cool but that's about it.

The hack and slashing has always been the star of the show and as long as that's good the dressing around it is as disposable as everything else in this series. DMC 2 was drastically different then DMC 1. Dante's personality wasn't even the same. If it wasn't for him looking the same as he did in dmc 1 he'd be a completely different character. So Dante changing is nothing new to this series. Didn't you fight a shape shifting pope in the 4th game? This isn't high art here.

Oh no you didn't! Bringing up DMC2 is just pointless. Pretty much everyone admits that one never should've been made and is the worst in the series lol. Almost everything about that game is bad and we would just like to forget it. Thanks.

Moving on though, DMC's story was never particularly deep but it was always there. Dante's a fun guy and sure he's a badass but he also has traits that keep him from being the generic comedy hero. How many half demon/half human, wise cracking pizza lovers do you know?

DMC4's story tried harder to be more serious and I think that's why most people didn't like it as much as 1 & 3. Speaking for myself, it was sort of a chore to play unlike the other two which were really fun and kept me interested.
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#119StrelokPosted 11/21/2012 4:30:00 PM
DMC2 was the worst in the series until DmC came along >.>
At least DMC2 had elements that were good enough to be used in DMC3.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#120thissongagainPosted 11/21/2012 4:37:00 PM
One of the laws that mirrors godwins law is when guys who claim they can fight start making threats at one another, or bragging about their combat ability. It is stupid, and juvenile, and basically degrades any future conversation into retarded banter at best.