DmC the fall of another good series.

#131ReceiptPosted 11/22/2012 3:39:42 AM
Lupin the 4th posted...
Shinra-Army posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
This is the first one to actually be semi-realistic (or at least less over-the-top) in terms of character interactions.

That wa spart of the charm.

Quoting way from the first page here, but seriously....If they did things the old way (including Reubon Langdon as Dante) again with Dante's new look...people would still be complaining. "New Dante has such cheesy dialogue...blah blah blah..." People are literally looking for any excuse they can to hate this game because it's not "their" DMC5. I find it hilarious because I almost did too. I was about to dismiss it at first just from looking at the character designs. Then I caught some footage here and there....interviews, etc...and it started to cause a tiny bit of interest. Then...then I played the demo. Now I'm all over it like sauce on spaghetti.

Doesn't play like DMC? Bull...I've played all four and it sure as hell does so far. Stylish combos, weapon switching and juggling, plus grappling and dodges? Check. And that's not a full moveset yet, I'd think...though I could be wrong.

Dante says cheesy one-liners? Yeah, that's nothing new, if you're an actual fan and not a bandwagon jumper you'd already know that. You're right...that was...and still is...part of his charm. Dante's always been a smart-ass. Yet somehow people get all irritated that he acts like one here too.

New Dante's nothing like old Dante.... Bull again. He may not be exactly the same, but he's similar enough that playing as him actually put a smile on my face, which I thought was going to be impossible considering his new look.

Anybody spouting any of that stuff is plain and simple a bandwagon jumper and not an actual fan of the series. An actual fan already knows all that stuff. They might dislike whatever changes have been made, but they won't blatantly say stuff like the above unless they're just plain lying or have a damn terrible memory.

Preface:I cannot even articulate how much I hate the hairstyle of this character or the degree to which it was affecting my opinion of the character's overall visual design and subsequently my initial interest (or lack thereof) of the game as a whole product. Also, I'm sick to death right now of Japanese writing.

With that out of the way,every single thing you've said here is correct. I'm really glad I didn't let that stupid hangup keep me from watching the second trailer or downloading the demo. I think Ninja Theory is doing something really really great here. I think that they've definitely captured both the feel; that is to say, slick looking juggle, personal expression and movement based combat, and the spirit of a Devil May Cry game that just hasn't passed through the Anime filter yet.

DMC3 is one of my favorite games of all time and may even be my favorite game on PS2.

DmC's demo is awesome, and I cannot wait to get the full game.
---
While there is truth in Receipt's words, there is a tinge of bitterness that makes it seem like he's evil. Like cough syrup. -Paparoach23
#132Doom_InfinitePosted 11/22/2012 3:55:07 AM
This game is really in poor tastes. I really canít get how anyone can find this Dante appealing, I canít find a single redeeming factor.

Also people saying the earlier games had bad dialogue well clearly they did not grow up in the 80ís and 90ís where one liners and witty lines ruled Hollywood blockbusters. DMC3 and 4 have such great lines that my friends and I (in college at the time) were quoting many of them regularly.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#133YumeOMiruPosted 11/22/2012 4:11:56 AM
En Sabah Nur posted...
The only thing I really have to address at this moment is this:

The things that ruined it was the horrible dialogue dante says before fighting the demons

Really? Have you played any other DMC game? Any of them at all? They're BUILT on bad dialogue. This is the first one to actually be semi-realistic (or at least less over-the-top) in terms of character interactions.

Or do you think gaming badassery peaked at "Flock off, feather face"?

The old Dante knew how to entertain his fans, this new guy, I canīt even look at him.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#134Malus_X6Posted 11/22/2012 10:17:25 AM
I say a bunch of us oughtta get together, come up with a story for a Sparda, or even a Vergil, game and then present it to Capcom.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#135malicemizerfanPosted 11/22/2012 10:19:10 AM
Malus_X6 posted...
I say a bunch of us oughtta get together, come up with a story for a Sparda, or even a Vergil, game and then present it to Capcom.

Remember how they said the old fans don't matter to them?
#136Malus_X6Posted 11/22/2012 10:28:16 AM
They'll change their minds when their company is about to go belly-up.
---
#137malicemizerfanPosted 11/22/2012 11:36:08 AM
Malus_X6 posted...
They'll change their minds when their company is about to go belly-up.

they've already destroyed their foundation games. going belly up is not far. and they still push us away.
#138Malus_X6Posted 11/22/2012 11:41:14 AM
There's still a glimmer of hope.
---