DmC the fall of another good series.

#41malicemizerfanPosted 11/20/2012 9:17:52 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
At least I got a chuckle out of "Flock off, featherface."

To each his own.

I was entertained more by the dialogue with the boss in this demo than the entirety of the dialogue in the rest of the games. I actually LIKE profanity in games and books and movies. It is more akin to real life. It's just a fact. Lesson of the day: Angry people use bad words.

Huh. When I'm angry I threaten to remove a vital organ and eat it. In graphic detail if I'm really pissed off. Usually without cursing.
#42DevilTears604Posted 11/20/2012 9:18:26 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DevilTears604 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Are people really getting butthurt over cursing? What is this? Elementary school? Old Dante would cuss. So does Nero. He even screams **** YOU!

It's an excuse to hate on something that's not a carbon copy of what's been done for eleven years now.

Actually it's us not liking writing that was supposed to "break the mold that games can't have movie or theatre level stories and dialogue".

You know, nobody should expect that. Tameen may have put his foot in his mouth with that comment, but the fact is: this is the first game he's written and directed. If the full game is as good as (I BELIEVE) the demo indicates, I'd say that's a check in the win column for him.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V
#43pyro_buntaPosted 11/20/2012 9:18:42 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
I thought Dante's exchange with the boss was just fine.

It's all subjective. I'll take profanity and the direction they're going in over "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!" any day.

You guys are seriously rocking those rose-colored shades. I always loved the series for its gameplay. I never thought much of the dialogue, and I hated Dante's personality in DMC3 (even though it was an excellent game).

Personally, I'd tell a demon to go **** itself too. But maybe that's just my inner Dante talking.

How is it nostalgia if DMC4 is still pretty recent? It's even on the same generation of gaming.

That "fill you soul with liiiiight!" is because DMC wasn't supposed to be taken too seriously (you have Nero's scenes for that). Even so that scene was intended to be funny and it succeeded in that. While DmC's **** you scene was intended to be badass, but instead looking stupid. Just... just look and see how OBVIOUS that DmC Dante was intended to be like Nero which is EXACTLY what NT was aiming for, but minus the curse words and failed attempt at being badass.
---
...if you know what I mean
#44DevilTears604Posted 11/20/2012 9:19:13 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

To each his own.

I was entertained more by the dialogue with the boss in this demo than the entirety of the dialogue in the rest of the games. I actually LIKE profanity in games and books and movies. It is more akin to real life. It's just a fact. Lesson of the day: Angry people use bad words.

Huh. When I'm angry I threaten to remove a vital organ and eat it. In graphic detail if I'm really pissed off. Usually without cursing.

Well, when I'm angry, I say "**** you"
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V
#45KiraYamatoDaManPosted 11/20/2012 9:19:39 PM(edited)
En Sabah Nur posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

To each his own.

Woah, it's like I'm on Gfaqs all over again. Oh wait, I am.
---
Currently playing : Persona 4: The Golden ~PSN: AppleDough
#46En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 9:19:37 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

To each his own.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Only homeschooled children of overly conservative bible-thumping missionaries don't curse. And I gather you aren't one of them because they don't threaten impromptu surgeries and cannibalism.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#47ShadowBoyZXPosted 11/20/2012 9:19:44 PM
Agreed. And lol at people thinking that our problem is with the cursing. I don't care if you curse in video games, in fact if done right it can make the dialouge pop but I'm not sure if you all know this but the more it's used the less impact it makes.

For example, your little brother who's always been somewhat reserved calls you an a*****e out of nowhere one day. You're gonna be in shock. If he calls you a b***h tommorow, you'll be a bit suprised but not shocked. When he starts swearing on the regular, it's not going to have any effect anymore.

This Dante cursing is not cool or edgy like I'm sure the creator's were intending to make him seem. He just comes off as a kid trying too damn hard.

DevilTears604 posted...
To me, Dante still retains his laid-back, badass attitude here though. That's what I always thought defined the character. The dialogue in the demo sounded at least as good as previous DMCs, and probably better.

This Dante isn't laid back at all and he's far from a badass. The thing that made Dante a badass was that he didn't even try. The guy was corny, arrogant and ate pizza for god's sake yet when things got rough he kicked ass. This kid's a smoker, who curses more then neccesary and looks like he should be the bully on degrassi.
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#48Capitan_KidPosted 11/20/2012 9:21:00 PM
UbberDevil posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Are people really getting butthurt over cursing? What is this? Elementary school? Old Dante would cuss. So does Nero. He even screams **** YOU!

The most classic Dante would say is "hell" or "damn". And Nero screams "Rock you" not "f*** you". dwarfkicker was able to prove that and end the debate a few years ago.

DMC anime gave him a wider selection of curse words. Also I think he's said "bastard" before. Can't really remember. I dont remember everything he's said. What proof do you have of rock vs ****. Sure sounds like **** to me
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#49KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 9:22:34 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

To each his own.

Only homeschooled children of overly conservative bible-thumping missionaries don't curse. And I gather you aren't one of them because they don't threaten impromptu surgeries and cannibalism.

I'm a public school atheist, and I don't usually curse irl. I don't see any need. I can show plenty of emotion without cursing, and I can communicate the same things without needing to "act tough". If I have a problem with someone, I don't need to say **** YOU!
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#50En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 9:23:30 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

To each his own.

I'm a public school atheist, and I don't usually curse irl. I don't see any need. I can show plenty of emotion without cursing, and I can communicate the same things without needing to "act tough". If I have a problem with someone, I don't need to say **** YOU!

Tonight, you're gonna have to break your rule.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA