DmC the fall of another good series.

#51Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 10:24:01 PM
So the argument is now "saying this game says f*** too much = hate any and all swearing?'

How generalized.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#52waltdeezyPosted 11/20/2012 10:24:07 PM
My God, is this what dmc fans are like? Crying because the game or Dante isn't an exact copy of the last? I thought it was pretty good from the demo
---
" I ride wild ride"
#53KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 10:25:26 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
Tonight, you're gonna have to break your rule.

Uh, why?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#54En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 10:25:54 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
So the argument is now "saying this game says f*** too much = hate any and all swearing?'

How generalized.

If you pressed an attack button and he said the F-word that would be too much. If he said it every time an enemy popped up that might be too much.

Saying it a few times in a boss fight isn't a big deal and it isn't inappropriate (to me at least).

I'm just responding to the silly exaggerations.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#55Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 10:26:51 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...

Uh, why?

I'm pretty sure when someone starts quoting the Joker from TDK, it's time to stop taking them seriously.
---
#56malicemizerfanPosted 11/20/2012 10:26:53 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
At least I got a chuckle out of "Flock off, featherface."

To each his own.

I was entertained more by the dialogue with the boss in this demo than the entirety of the dialogue in the rest of the games. I actually LIKE profanity in games and books and movies. It is more akin to real life. It's just a fact. Lesson of the day: Angry people use bad words.

Huh. When I'm angry I threaten to remove a vital organ and eat it. In graphic detail if I'm really pissed off. Usually without cursing.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Only homeschooled children of overly conservative bible-thumping missionaries don't curse. And I gather you aren't one of them because they don't threaten impromptu surgeries and cannibalism.

I was raised to believe cursing was for idiots and tryhards, went to public school, got in exactly 4 fights. 2 of which involved cursing. 1 of which was me cursing. Also, I won 3 of them.
#57DevilTears604Posted 11/20/2012 10:27:40 PM
ShadowBoyZX posted...
Agreed. And lol at people thinking that our problem is with the cursing. I don't care if you curse in video games, in fact if done right it can make the dialouge pop but I'm not sure if you all know this but the more it's used the less impact it makes.

For example, your little brother who's always been somewhat reserved calls you an a*****e out of nowhere one day. You're gonna be in shock. If he calls you a b***h tommorow, you'll be a bit suprised but not shocked. When he starts swearing on the regular, it's not going to have any effect anymore.

This Dante cursing is not cool or edgy like I'm sure the creator's were intending to make him seem. He just comes off as a kid trying too damn hard.

DevilTears604 posted...
To me, Dante still retains his laid-back, badass attitude here though. That's what I always thought defined the character. The dialogue in the demo sounded at least as good as previous DMCs, and probably better.

This Dante isn't laid back at all and he's far from a badass. The thing that made Dante a badass was that he didn't even try. The guy was corny, arrogant and ate pizza for god's sake yet when things got rough he kicked ass. This kid's a smoker, who curses more then neccesary and looks like he should be the bully on degrassi.

Dude, those are all superficial aspects. Even if I don't think this Dante curses a lot, and even if I think eating pizza and smoking are examples of the same vice, the bottom line is, at the beginning, DANTE DOESN'T CARE. In both this origin story, and in the last one, he has no direction, no purpose, and no goals with his life.

And in both scenarios, who is the one who ends up giving him guidance? Vergil.

It's the same story told from a different perspective. So what if Dante drops the f bomb a few times? So what if he lights up a cigarette? It's the story of a lost soul finding meaning in his life and understanding that the gifts he has can benefit humanity.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V
#58KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 10:27:58 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...

Uh, why?

I'm pretty sure when someone starts quoting the Joker from TDK, it's time to stop taking them seriously.

I haven't watched that movie in a while. If he's comparing me to Batman, I am completely fine with that.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#59En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 10:28:02 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
At least I got a chuckle out of "Flock off, featherface."

To each his own.

I was entertained more by the dialogue with the boss in this demo than the entirety of the dialogue in the rest of the games. I actually LIKE profanity in games and books and movies. It is more akin to real life. It's just a fact. Lesson of the day: Angry people use bad words.

Huh. When I'm angry I threaten to remove a vital organ and eat it. In graphic detail if I'm really pissed off. Usually without cursing.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Only homeschooled children of overly conservative bible-thumping missionaries don't curse. And I gather you aren't one of them because they don't threaten impromptu surgeries and cannibalism.

I was raised to believe cursing was for idiots and tryhards, went to public school, got in exactly 4 fights. 2 of which involved cursing. 1 of which was me cursing. Also, I won 3 of them.

Was it an all-girls school?
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#60Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 10:28:48 PM
See? Now he's just provoking.
---