DmC the fall of another good series.

#61En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 10:29:20 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Tonight, you're gonna have to break your rule.

Uh, why?

I'm pretty sure when someone starts quoting the Joker from TDK, it's time to stop taking them seriously.

I haven't watched that movie in a while. If he's comparing me to Batman, I am completely fine with that.

It's safe to say you're the troll-equivalent of Batman on these boards. But I respect you for it.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#62KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 10:29:48 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
See? Now he's just provoking.

Isn't that how it always goes? Two years and nothing changes. Faith in humanity is now back to 0%
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#63KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 10:30:55 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
Tonight, you're gonna have to break your rule.

Uh, why?

I'm pretty sure when someone starts quoting the Joker from TDK, it's time to stop taking them seriously.

I haven't watched that movie in a while. If he's comparing me to Batman, I am completely fine with that.

It's safe to say you're the troll-equivalent of Batman on these boards. But I respect you for it.

Again, where did I troll? You keep saying that, but never back it up. I've been here for a while and the only person to call me a troll was a troll in a troll topic that I'm pretty sure got modded.

Show me where I troll.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#64En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 10:31:03 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

What else is there left to do at this point?

I'm arguing with (supposedly) grown men who can't handle a few swear words. It's ridiculous. I haven't seen anything like this since I had to go to a Christian school for 2 years when I was a teen.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#65Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 10:31:08 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

Isn't that how it always goes? Two years and nothing changes. Faith in humanity is now back to 0%

Pretty much.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#66Zio_DynePosted 11/20/2012 10:31:20 PM
I live cali. My understandibg of cursing is that it is something teens do to try and sound cool. And how does the #### you screaming contest even begin to hold up to the dialogue in the past ones?

Maybe because it makes more sense in a real world context?

You have a 20-something year old anarchist Dante with an attitude dealing with a nasty, grotesque demon. Logically, wouldn't you assume that if demons were real they would use profanity? I think that is a guarantee. Wouldn't you also assume that Dante, in a real world situation, would also resort to that sort of language?

I don't know where your understanding of cursing comes from, but where I come from (and how I was raised in both America and Europe) we use it in basically every conversation unless we're in a professional or school environment. It's part of everyday life and most of my daily exchanges sound like a Judd Apatow movie (from Superbad to 40 Year Old Virgin, take your pick).

It's all in the eye of the beholder, apparently. Just keep that in mind.
So long as we're all having a care-bear geographical share of where we're posting from, let me just say:

Dude. I'm from New Jersey.
You know those words too dirty for even you to use that get thrown out of your vocabulary?
Yeah; they wash up down here.

It's not a matter of being bashful around foul language.
It's not offensive as some morally upright, high-brow individual.
It's offensive as someone with a basic grasp of the English language, as they seem to have an utter disdain for it.

It's not good dialogue. It's not even passable dialogue. It's atrocious, it's reprehensible, and yes, it's true that previous DMC's aren't typically considered to have great writing by any stretch of the imagination, but the difference is that it was never meant to be taken seriously. Dante's character as a whole was never meant to be taken seriously. He was a ham, with a side-order of cheese. The presentation dictates the reception. Dante's 'bad' dialogue was, in many ways, endearing. It just makes you want to tilt your head, put your hands on your hip, and say "Oh Dante", because you knew it was all tongue-in-cheek.
Conversely; NT is pushing DmC as an ambitious piece of writing, and what's more; they're dead serious about it, which is the biggest joke of all. Unfortunately, the sad cancels out the funny.
Now here's where I'd quote some lines to have you confront what you're defending and ask again if you're really okay with this, but it'd just be 95% asterisks, soooo~
#67En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 10:32:01 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Show me where I troll.

Is there a way to link me to your posting history?
---
#68Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 10:32:38 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

I'm arguing with (supposedly) grown men who can't handle a few swear words. It's ridiculous. I haven't seen anything like this since I had to go to a Christian school for 2 years when I was a teen.

How many times have we made it clear? Several, I believe. It's not so much he's swearing. It's the fact that it's excessive to the point of abusing it. Gets really old, really fast.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#69KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 10:32:41 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

I never said I can't handle them, just that they don't seem necessary. It's the same reason I liked the old Dante. He didn't need something like swear words to sound tough, he used goofy silly one liners and still managed to be intimidating.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#70malicemizerfanPosted 11/20/2012 10:32:55 PM
Actually, it was a standard public school. Almost ended up in a private scool once(passed their tests, was poor as hell at the time.)