DmC the fall of another good series.

#71ZeroX91Posted 11/20/2012 9:32:58 PM
Since we are on the topic of school fights anyone else ever get hit with a chair by the other guys friend? No? I win then. (aww I seem to be sboering up. :(0
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDlmamEaVE
#72KiraYamatoDaManPosted 11/20/2012 9:33:26 PM
I live cali. My understandibg of cursing is that it is something teens do to try and sound cool. And how does the #### you screaming contest even begin to hold up to the dialogue in the past ones?

Maybe because it makes more sense in a real world context?

You have a 20-something year old anarchist Dante with an attitude dealing with a nasty, grotesque demon. Logically, wouldn't you assume that if demons were real they would use profanity? I think that is a guarantee. Wouldn't you also assume that Dante, in a real world situation, would also resort to that sort of language?

I don't know where your understanding of cursing comes from, but where I come from (and how I was raised in both America and Europe) we use it in basically every conversation unless we're in a professional or school environment. It's part of everyday life and most of my daily exchanges sound like a Judd Apatow movie (from Superbad to 40 Year Old Virgin, take your pick).

It's all in the eye of the beholder, apparently. Just keep that in mind.
So long as we're all having a care-bear geographical share of where we're posting from, let me just say:

Dude. I'm from New Jersey.
You know those words too dirty for even you to use that get thrown out of your vocabulary?
Yeah; they wash up down here.

It's not a matter of being bashful around foul language.
It's not offensive as some morally upright, high-brow individual.
It's offensive as someone with a basic grasp of the English language, as they seem to have an utter disdain for it.

It's not good dialogue. It's not even passable dialogue. It's atrocious, it's reprehensible, and yes, it's true that previous DMC's aren't typically considered to have great writing by any stretch of the imagination, but the difference is that it was never meant to be taken seriously. Dante's character as a whole was never meant to be taken seriously. He was a ham, with a side-order of cheese. The presentation dictates the reception. Dante's 'bad' dialogue was, in many ways, endearing. It just makes you want to tilt your head, put your hands on your hip, and say "Oh Dante", because you knew it was all tongue-in-cheek.
Conversely; NT is pushing DmC as an ambitious piece of writing, and what's more; they're dead serious about it, which is the biggest joke of all. Unfortunately, the sad cancels out the funny.
Now here's where I'd quote some lines to have you confront what you're defending and ask again if you're really okay with this, but it'd just be 95% asterisks, soooo~

Someone post the link of NT calling DmC a "shakespearean" work!
---
Currently playing : Persona 4: The Golden ~PSN: AppleDough
#73Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 9:34:13 PM
Jersey dude wins.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#74KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 9:34:27 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Show me where I troll.

Is there a way to link me to your posting history?

It's not like you'd find anything. You've been here what? A few days? I think you just started today. You're going to judge me based on that? Ask anyone here, I'm not a troll. Go ahead, ask someone.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#75En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 9:35:07 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...

Since you put a lot of effort into your post I will respond fairly and sensibly (as I did earlier in this topic).

My main response to you is that we haven't seen the full game. I can assure you we are going to be seeing more swearing in the final product, but I'm also positive we have no idea what the entire script and story is going to be like.

You may find yourself surprised, or even impressed by the end result. You may simply tolerate it. And hell, you may still hate it. Whatever.

The fact is that it's too early to judge and condemning the entire game for a small portion of dialogue is idiotic.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#76AhrimanTheStillPosted 11/20/2012 9:36:11 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
The only thing I really have to address at this moment is this:

The things that ruined it was the horrible dialogue dante says before fighting the demons

Really? Have you played any other DMC game? Any of them at all? They're BUILT on bad dialogue. This is the first one to actually be semi-realistic (or at least less over-the-top) in terms of character interactions.

Or do you think gaming badassery peaked at "Flock off, feather face"?

Confirmed for having no taste. Go take any of the dialogue before boss battles in DmC and compare it to Dante in 3 or 4. New Dante says stupid punk tier bs. Old Dante makes cheesy as **** lines and makes jokes that going along with the crazy things he does. If you dont see the difference i feel bad for you.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#77KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 9:36:24 PM
KiraYamatoDaMan posted...
I live cali. My understandibg of cursing is that it is something teens do to try and sound cool. And how does the #### you screaming contest even begin to hold up to the dialogue in the past ones?

You have a 20-something year old anarchist Dante with an attitude dealing with a nasty, grotesque demon. Logically, wouldn't you assume that if demons were real they would use profanity? I think that is a guarantee. Wouldn't you also assume that Dante, in a real world situation, would also resort to that sort of language?

I don't know where your understanding of cursing comes from, but where I come from (and how I was raised in both America and Europe) we use it in basically every conversation unless we're in a professional or school environment. It's part of everyday life and most of my daily exchanges sound like a Judd Apatow movie (from Superbad to 40 Year Old Virgin, take your pick).

So long as we're all having a care-bear geographical share of where we're posting from, let me just say:

You know those words too dirty for even you to use that get thrown out of your vocabulary?

It's offensive as someone with a basic grasp of the English language, as they seem to have an utter disdain for it.

It's not good dialogue. It's not even passable dialogue. It's atrocious, it's reprehensible, and yes, it's true that previous DMC's aren't typically considered to have great writing by any stretch of the imagination, but the difference is that it was never meant to be taken seriously. Dante's character as a whole was never meant to be taken seriously. He was a ham, with a side-order of cheese. The presentation dictates the reception. Dante's 'bad' dialogue was, in many ways, endearing. It just makes you want to tilt your head, put your hands on your hip, and say "Oh Dante", because you knew it was all tongue-in-cheek.
Conversely; NT is pushing DmC as an ambitious piece of writing, and what's more; they're dead serious about it, which is the biggest joke of all. Unfortunately, the sad cancels out the funny.
Now here's where I'd quote some lines to have you confront what you're defending and ask again if you're really okay with this, but it'd just be 95% asterisks, soooo~

It's the behind the scenes vid. Lilith's VA called the characters "Shakespearean".
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#78malicemizerfanPosted 11/20/2012 9:36:54 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Since we are on the topic of school fights anyone else ever get hit with a chair by the other guys friend? No? I win then. (aww I seem to be sboering up. :(0

You beat 4 people bigger than you in a fit of rage that you had to have years of therapy for after? I win then. Still have anger problems, no more guilt about it though.
#79Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 9:37:13 PM
KiraYamatoDaMan posted...

It's the behind the scenes vid. Lilith's VA called the characters "Shakespearean".

Now that's comedy.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#80ZeroX91Posted 11/20/2012 9:37:16 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Show me where I troll.

Is there a way to link me to your posting history?

It's not like you'd find anything. You've been here what? A few days? I think you just started today. You're going to judge me based on that? Ask anyone here, I'm not a troll. Go ahead, ask someone.

Don't belive him. : ]
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDlmamEaVE