DmC the fall of another good series.

#81KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 10:38:06 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Show me where I troll.

Is there a way to link me to your posting history?

It's not like you'd find anything. You've been here what? A few days? I think you just started today. You're going to judge me based on that? Ask anyone here, I'm not a troll. Go ahead, ask someone.

Don't belive him. : ]

Zero, you b****! This is about the drinks isn't it?

:( I trusted you!!!!!
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#82DevilTears604Posted 11/20/2012 10:38:41 PM
You know what's atrocious? Having someone describe DMC dialogue as "reprehensible," like it's a crime against humanity.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V
#83AhrimanTheStillPosted 11/20/2012 10:38:56 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
jacobfilyaw22 posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
The only thing I really have to address at this moment is this:

The things that ruined it was the horrible dialogue dante says before fighting the demons

Really? Have you played any other DMC game? Any of them at all? They're BUILT on bad dialogue. This is the first one to actually be semi-realistic (or at least less over-the-top) in terms of character interactions.

Or do you think gaming badassery peaked at "Flock off, feather face"?

To be honest, I think fans are blind and have forgotten how certain things were in the prior games. This series was never known for good voice acting or story. Anyone who is complaining about those things are nit picking and just being ridiculous!

The entire reason NT was contracted was because of their so called story telling abilities. We are having to give up a hell of a lot enable to see these so called story telling abilities, so we have every right to complain when it turns out to be only slightly better than what we had before at best .

>Heavenly sword
Boring as **** story with a generic fantasy setting and horrible characters and that feel shallow and stuffed with fake uninspired emotions.
>Ninja Blade.
The worst series of plot twists and shallow story in a ninja game yet.
>Enslaved.
The only story is at the beginning and end and it was mediocre but their best work.

Capcom obviously didnt look very hard for good writers/developers. Ninja Theory hasnt made a game with solid core gameplay yet and their stories are always equally disappointing.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#84En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 10:39:11 PM
From the looks of it, most of you guys are openly stating you are willing to judge the quality of this game's writing without experiencing the full product. Is that true or not?
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#85Zio_DynePosted 11/20/2012 10:40:09 PM
Meh. Guess there's nothing more to add then.
You can hold onto those wait&see cards until the very last turn, but once you do finally play them, I hope it won't come as a shock that they function exactly as the description says...
#86DevilTears604Posted 11/20/2012 10:42:25 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
From the looks of it, most of you guys are openly stating you are willing to judge the quality of this game's writing without experiencing the full product. Is that true or not?

Anything to hate on brown-haired Dante.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V
#87ShadowBoyZXPosted 11/20/2012 10:42:33 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
ShadowBoyZX posted...
Agreed. And lol at people thinking that our problem is with the cursing. I don't care if you curse in video games, in fact if done right it can make the dialouge pop but I'm not sure if you all know this but the more it's used the less impact it makes.

For example, your little brother who's always been somewhat reserved calls you an a*****e out of nowhere one day. You're gonna be in shock. If he calls you a b***h tommorow, you'll be a bit suprised but not shocked. When he starts swearing on the regular, it's not going to have any effect anymore.

This Dante cursing is not cool or edgy like I'm sure the creator's were intending to make him seem. He just comes off as a kid trying too damn hard.

DevilTears604 posted...
To me, Dante still retains his laid-back, badass attitude here though. That's what I always thought defined the character. The dialogue in the demo sounded at least as good as previous DMCs, and probably better.

This Dante isn't laid back at all and he's far from a badass. The thing that made Dante a badass was that he didn't even try. The guy was corny, arrogant and ate pizza for god's sake yet when things got rough he kicked ass. This kid's a smoker, who curses more then neccesary and looks like he should be the bully on degrassi.

Dude, those are all superficial aspects. Even if I don't think this Dante curses a lot, and even if I think eating pizza and smoking are examples of the same vice, the bottom line is, at the beginning, DANTE DOESN'T CARE. In both this origin story, and in the last one, he has no direction, no purpose, and no goals with his life.

And in both scenarios, who is the one who ends up giving him guidance? Vergil.

It's the same story told from a different perspective. So what if Dante drops the f bomb a few times? So what if he lights up a cigarette? It's the story of a lost soul finding meaning in his life and understanding that the gifts he has can benefit humanity.

Hate to tell you this man but if we simplified things that much then we could fit many other video game characters into Dante's place. I'm not some morally driven guy who's against cursing, or smoking. They can add depth to characters but in this case it does not at all.

If this wasn't Dante, no one would care about him cursing or smoking. I understand this is a reboot so some things are bound to be different but when you take a character who's known for being a laid back, funny, cheesy dude and change him this drastically how do you expect it to go over well?
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#88ZeroX91Posted 11/20/2012 10:42:55 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Since we are on the topic of school fights anyone else ever get hit with a chair by the other guys friend? No? I win then. (aww I seem to be sboering up. :(0

You beat 4 people bigger than you in a fit of rage that you had to have years of therapy for after? I win then. Still have anger problems, no more guilt about it though.

Beating up four people is no huge achivement, geting back up afte being hit in the head by this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2mqF6h23Bh4/TgPN-Vh5LCI/AAAAAAAAABg/kudhaLpFbeY/s1600/Armrest-School-Chair-MXZY-053-.jpg and winning is. :p
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDlmamEaVE
#89Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 10:43:34 PM

Let's just say the demo is supposed to be a tipping point where the player decides whether or not they want the game in question. Looks like for some of us, it failed. Horribly. So... Yeah. That's what we're saying.

Just like how I read the description for Twilight on its slipcover back when it first came out. Decided it was garbage. Years later, come to be reassured again that it is, indeed, garbage. May have made a lot of money, but garbage, nonetheless.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#90KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 10:43:51 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Since we are on the topic of school fights anyone else ever get hit with a chair by the other guys friend? No? I win then. (aww I seem to be sboering up. :(0

You beat 4 people bigger than you in a fit of rage that you had to have years of therapy for after? I win then. Still have anger problems, no more guilt about it though.

Beating up four people is no huge achivement, geting back up afte being hit in the head by this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2mqF6h23Bh4/TgPN-Vh5LCI/AAAAAAAAABg/kudhaLpFbeY/s1600/Armrest-School-Chair-MXZY-053-.jpg and winning is. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm_iIzuHkoM
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]