DmC the fall of another good series.

#91malicemizerfanPosted 11/20/2012 10:43:53 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
From the looks of it, most of you guys are openly stating you are willing to judge the quality of this game's writing without experiencing the full product. Is that true or not?

A demo is the thing to wow people, therefore the best portions that do not pertain to the story should be used. Using that logic, the /&%$ you contest is the pinnacle of this game's writing.
#92En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 10:44:38 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...
Meh. Guess there's nothing more to add then.
You can hold onto those wait&see cards until the very last turn, but once you do finally play them, I hope it won't come as a shock that they function exactly as the description says...

I'm not waiting to see anything. I'm satisfied with how it all seems right now. It could turn out even better, or it could end up worse. It is what it is.

My comment is regarding those of you who are reacting extremely negatively to an issue that shouldn't even be on the table.

The cursing ISN'T excessive in my book, nor is it "trying to be cool". It's far more effective when used alongside a corny one-liner than delivering that same one-liner by itself. Your being uncomfortable with it doesn't necessarily make it bad, it means you have an issue to work through.

I've played games that relied far more on profanity, some to the point that it even started to stand out to me (and I use **** like it's going out of style, because that's how my dad is and always was, and I'm 28). DmC isn't in that category. It doesn't have "too much". It could get to that point if things fall apart, but from what I've seen it should be okay.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#93Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 10:45:03 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Since we are on the topic of school fights anyone else ever get hit with a chair by the other guys friend? No? I win then. (aww I seem to be sboering up. :(0

You beat 4 people bigger than you in a fit of rage that you had to have years of therapy for after? I win then. Still have anger problems, no more guilt about it though.

Beating up four people is no huge achivement, geting back up afte being hit in the head by this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2mqF6h23Bh4/TgPN-Vh5LCI/AAAAAAAAABg/kudhaLpFbeY/s1600/Armrest-School-Chair-MXZY-053-.jpg and winning is. :p

Dude, I flipped over my table and had my entire class, much less my teacher, s***-scared of me. Forever. I think I win.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#94ZeroX91Posted 11/20/2012 10:47:13 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Show me where I troll.

Is there a way to link me to your posting history?

It's not like you'd find anything. You've been here what? A few days? I think you just started today. You're going to judge me based on that? Ask anyone here, I'm not a troll. Go ahead, ask someone.

Don't belive him. : ]

Zero, you b****! This is about the drinks isn't it?

:( I trusted you!!!!!

Quit trying to roofie me DAMN IT!
Alos I am neither female oe a dog, donr adress me as such.
Im fine with any other insult jst not one that inaccurate.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDlmamEaVE
#95En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 10:48:02 PM
Also, can I just ask how people feel they changed Dante so much?

I was a diehard DMC fan since the inception of the series and I had no problem playing this demo and feeling like the character was Dante and the gameplay was DMC.

I guess it's about that time to simply agree to disagree. I'm not going to find fault in an area that I believe is working as intended, just like you guys aren't going to accept my point of view on this.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#96Malus_X6Posted 11/20/2012 10:48:45 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...
You can hold onto those wait&see cards until the very last turn, but once you do finally play them, I hope it won't come as a shock that they function exactly as the description says...

I'm not waiting to see anything. I'm satisfied with how it all seems right now. It could turn out even better, or it could end up worse. It is what it is.

My comment is regarding those of you who are reacting extremely negatively to an issue that shouldn't even be on the table.

The cursing ISN'T excessive in my book, nor is it "trying to be cool". It's far more effective when used alongside a corny one-liner than delivering that same one-liner by itself. Your being uncomfortable with it doesn't necessarily make it bad, it means you have an issue to work through.

I've played games that relied far more on profanity, some to the point that it even started to stand out to me (and I use **** like it's going out of style, because that's how my dad is and always was, and I'm 28). DmC isn't in that category. It doesn't have "too much". It could get to that point if things fall apart, but from what I've seen it should be okay.

My grandfather was a sailor. My mom was the daughter of said sailor. My dad was a sailor. My step-dad was a sailor. My uncle was a soldier. My other uncle was a cop. Another uncle was a welder. Yeah, swearing runs in my family's blood. I know what I'm talking about when I say something's got too much swearing.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#97KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/20/2012 10:49:08 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
Zio_Dyne posted...

Dude, your book isn't the standard. In my book, it is excessive. You're making it seem like a subjective problem is wrong. You say that it's not too much, but to us it is. Then you say we're sissies? Why? Why can't we have a different opinion? Just get over the fact that some of us don't think it's necessary to have so much profanity just to make the script better. Heck, I'd take all the profanity in the world if it meant they'd take other things out of this... like the sex scene. If they took that out, Dante can say F*** YOU all he wants.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#98En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 10:52:43 PM(edited)
malicemizerfan posted...
En Sabah Nur posted...
From the looks of it, most of you guys are openly stating you are willing to judge the quality of this game's writing without experiencing the full product. Is that true or not?

A demo is the thing to wow people, therefore the best portions that do not pertain to the story should be used. Using that logic, the /&%$ you contest is the pinnacle of this game's writing.

That probably SHOULD be the logic of a demo.

The reality is simply that most demos are meant to give you a taste of the gameplay (for better or worse) and give you an appetite for it. For some people it works and they love it, and others end up hating it. Some people end up going from one side of the fence to the others.

Since taste in gaming is so subjective, it doesn't matter how "good" the demo is. Some people are going to hate it because it doesn't appeal to them, and some are going to hate it because they WANT to find problems with it.

Also, "story" isn't the focus of any demos that I know. Gameplay is the purpose. How it feels, how it controls. That is generally the most important part of a game that sells it.
---
#99Zio_DynePosted 11/20/2012 10:50:59 PM
You know what's atrocious? Having someone describe DMC dialogue as "reprehensible," like it's a crime against humanity.

So you're saying my post was over the top?
Would you say I scored some Smokin' Sick Verbiage?
Cause I wouldn't. That'd be totally lame...>.>, but what I will say is that it doesn't have to be a crime against humanity for someone to take issue and speak out against it. Should I have just said 'itz bad', and left it at that? Sometimes it's fun to dress up your posts dude. C'mon; where's your holiday spirit? Don't you just wanna deck the halls with tons of adjectives?
#100DevilTears604Posted 11/20/2012 10:54:48 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...
You know what's atrocious? Having someone describe DMC dialogue as "reprehensible," like it's a crime against humanity.

So you're saying my post was over the top?
Would you say I scored some Smokin' Sick Verbiage?
Cause I wouldn't. That'd be totally lame...>.>, but what I will say is that it doesn't have to be a crime against humanity for someone to take issue and speak out against it. Should I have just said 'itz bad', and left it at that? Sometimes it's fun to dress up your posts dude. C'mon; where's your holiday spirit? Don't you just wanna deck the halls with tons of adjectives?

I think it's fine to speak your mind and your concerns because we need honest debate. I don't think it's fine to say that Tameen and a bunch of other people should thrown out in the street or killed because they made this game. There's been posts like that here before.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V