This game is awesome. Better than DMC4 already, I'll say that much.

#41SHAMElMARUPosted 11/21/2012 11:18:44 PM
docman864 posted...
@Pesmerga255

man, you sure suck at trolling.

@SHAMElMARU

I really don't blame people that feel the way you do. I could understand why people would find it boring. DMC2 was still a poorly executed game though and only very little of it is good.

I don't want to be the one that screams "OMG DUMBED DOWN 4 NOOBS" but that's what this really feels like. I could eventually come to tolerate the characters and what not, but at it's core I feel the gameplay lacks depth.

It's not for me, and for a lot of other people (even the ones who complain more about the character and music more than anything else) that's really what matters.
#42KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/21/2012 11:19:04 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I'm not allowed to have an opinion? It's not my fault the first 4 games had unlikable characters and a paper thin attempt at a plot.

Wow, you just described DmC! Good job summarizing this game!
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#43FireMage7777Posted 11/21/2012 11:21:06 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I'm not allowed to have an opinion? It's not my fault the first 4 games had unlikable characters and a paper thin attempt at a plot.

You're allowed to have said opinion...you're also allowed to be wrong, which you are
---
The official Valbanisher, that doesn't believe in kupo
#44Lord_MizerPosted 11/21/2012 11:22:31 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

Don't try to play the victim card, especially from your comments in this topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/64685889

Not to mention your intentional flame bait comments in other topics.

It not my fault you are being called out from your ignorance.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#45SHAMElMARUPosted 11/21/2012 11:22:32 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

You're allowed to have your opinion, just like we're allowed to tell you that your opinion is a dumb one.

I will concede one thing to you however: Capcom has probably never really made a good story in anything they've made. Although 3's was pretty ok in my opinion.
#46docman864Posted 11/21/2012 11:22:58 PM
@SHAMElMARU

I've noticed this with most western games. They tend to concentrate on different things like being more realistic or cinematic, while Japanese style is more stylist and technical. well, that's how I felt about the demo and always had with most western action games. It's a decent demo, but it does get a tad repetitive even with the flashy effects.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#47NessaJ_TuNPosted 11/22/2012 12:02:34 AM(edited)
SSJ_Jin posted...
I got all DMC games. And this game is DMC. Sorry haters. I had my doubts, but man. Dunno about it being better than DMC3 as this is clearly only a demo, but I can already tell it's better than 4 because, well simply, I had more fun playing it.

the only bad thing about DMC4 that most people complained about is how Capcom lazy at the second half of the game make u repeat the same level all over again, if they put u in different levels and give u more unique weapons for dante just like in DMC3, the game would be way better acclaimed by critics and DMC fans, because the gameplay mechanic in DMC4 is actually very solid. this new DmC demo however is crap from gameplay stand point imo.
#48_tanjil_Posted 11/22/2012 12:03:23 AM
docman864 posted...
@_tanjil_

but Devil Bringer was very useful in DMC4.

Wait are you serious... you don't think the angel/devil pulls are useful? I mean I think it's pretty obvious how the help in combos. But they also integrated it such that certain enemies require you to use it against them like using the devil pull to steal shields away from the weird flying babies.

And they also put it into the platforming well enough. If you're gonna complain about platforming well DMC has never had platforming worth praising, it's always been about the combat
#49docman864Posted 11/22/2012 12:08:39 AM
@_tanjil_

not saying it isn't useful in DmC, but Devil Bringer gives you the feeling of being more in control.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#50UtaNapishtiPosted 11/22/2012 12:08:47 AM
_tanjil_ posted...
docman864 posted...
@_tanjil_

but Devil Bringer was very useful in DMC4.

Wait are you serious... you don't think the angel/devil pulls are useful? I mean I think it's pretty obvious how the help in combos. But they also integrated it such that certain enemies require you to use it against them like using the devil pull to steal shields away from the weird flying babies.

I used the devil pull only when the tutorial forced me. And I had no difficulty defeating any of the enemies. This is on Nephilim, mind you.