This game is awesome. Better than DMC4 already, I'll say that much.

#51Lupin the 4thPosted 11/22/2012 12:19:05 AM
SHAMElMARU posted...
docman864 posted...
@Pesmerga255

man, you sure suck at trolling.

@SHAMElMARU

I really don't blame people that feel the way you do. I could understand why people would find it boring. DMC2 was still a poorly executed game though and only very little of it is good.

I don't want to be the one that screams "OMG DUMBED DOWN 4 NOOBS" but that's what this really feels like. I could eventually come to tolerate the characters and what not, but at it's core I feel the gameplay lacks depth.

It's not for me, and for a lot of other people (even the ones who complain more about the character and music more than anything else) that's really what matters.

You can't be ****ing serious. Lacks depth? Considering the demo probably only shows a small portion of the available moves (key word is probably, I have no way to know for sure), I sure as hell felt I had more options in this demo than I did playing ALL of Nero's part of DMC4. If you're going to spout a bunch of bull, try a little harder.

And yes, I've played all 4 previous games. Geez, GameFAQs is full of nothing but whiny entitled so-called "hardcore" gamers who think their opinions are solid gold and beyond reproach. Not just this board either. ALL of them. One of you actually told TC his opinion was WRONG for liking this game so far (from the demo) more than DMC4. How freaking pretentious can you get?

Hey...hate the game all you want. By all means. Why you hang out on a board for a game you despise so much makes absolutely zero sense (other than if you're simply trying to ruin other people's good time...in which case you're an ass), but have at it. But to insult somebody else because they don't is just sad. People have differing tastes, and despite what any of you think, yours is not superior to mine, nor is mine to yours.

Best part of all this is when the game finally comes out, I'll be playing it and enjoying myself while all the whiners will still be on these boards and spouting their same pretentious garbage to anybody who'll listen. "Random website/blogger/youtube 'star' nobody's heard of gave it a 7.5! I told all you fools this wasn't a true DmC game. Har har *trollface/nerdsnort*"

Yeah, you know what? You guys have fun with that. Meantwhile, I'll be enjoying a game for what it is instead of spewing bile because it's not up to my petty little nitpicky "hardcore" standards.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#52caffiend7Posted 11/22/2012 12:41:50 AM
You won't be saying that when the full version comes out, then again maybe you will
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#53SSJ_Jin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 1:10:12 AM(edited)
FireMage7777 posted...

It's a possible opinion, but it is a wrong opinion nonetheless

No more wrong than that radiance of yours. *looks down*

lol. Had to use a Xemnas quote here.

ShadowBoyZX posted...
Yep, totally tearing up over here....from the laughter but so long as you're admitting it lol.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mczzc5rb5F1qhf4j4o3_250.gif

NessaJ_TuN posted...
the only bad thing about DMC4 that most people complained about is how Capcom lazy at the second half of the game make u repeat the same level all over again, if they put u in different levels and give u more unique weapons for dante just like in DMC3, the game would be way better acclaimed by critics and DMC fans, because the gameplay mechanic in DMC4 is actually very solid. this new DmC demo however is crap from gameplay stand point imo.

For me DMC4 had a little less going for it. What you said is true. But I think that with all it added it just didn't "do better." Despite taking the different styles from DMC3 and implementing the switching far better, for example, the game just didn't capture me like DMC3. Think how RE5 added more stuff to RE4's gameplay yet RE4 was just better in every way, (if you have this opinion of course).

It's why DMC1 is better than DMC4, for example, (and if one has that opinion). Despite having the better combat mechanics, DMC4 as a game just wasn't better than DMC1. But in this case I think the new DMC gameplay is just fine and very fun. A little getting use to with the whole holding L2/R2 thing, but enjoyable never the less.

I know people are upset about the lack of lock on, but that doesn't bother me at all. It's like God of War. I do agree there should definitely be a taunt button. One of the evade buttons should be replaced with it.

As for mentioning DMC2, I know it's the worst but it's still a DMC game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#54Lupin the 4thPosted 11/22/2012 12:57:06 AM
caffiend7 posted...
You won't be saying that when the full version comes out, then again maybe you will

If that was directed towards me, yeah...actually I will. I already know I'll most likely enjoy it unless it suddenly becomes a puzzle game halfway through or some other weird twist. The very fact I was all too willing to hate this game until I actually played a portion of it should say it all. Sad thing is, I was willing to hate it because of people like those who post here. Nothing but little nitpicky negative buzz. Now I know better. Trust nobody's opinion but my own, and I won't be disappointed.

Again, I've nothing against people who don't like this game. I just can't fathom the logic of sticking around a board for a game you hate. I'd rather talk about things I like than harp on everything I think is wrong about the things I don't. Other than other human beings...I can talk for years on what I dislike about many of my fellow humans...sadly. Anyway, keep on hating/loving the game guys...let the wars continue. I know my opinion doesn't mean squat either...so I'm calling it a night. Lupin away! *vanishes with a priceless jewel in one hand and a scantily-clad blonde in the other*
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#55Hunter1534Posted 11/22/2012 1:20:02 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
The old Dante is much more likable and entertaining than this character.

You can't honestly be serious. The old Dante is just a generic anime pretty boy with an annoying personality. The new Dante at least has some depth to his character and really has something to fight for.

Lol
---
Yo momma got caught givin' up neck in the bathroom at the Woodcrest country club, and it wasn't yo daddy.
#56Xtreme65Posted 11/22/2012 1:22:13 AM
Actually I feel that the angel and demon pulls give you more control. You can actually decide if you want to bring enemies to you or bring yourself closer. In DMC4 the devil bringer did both but it was soley based on the enemies weight. Therefore you have more control with the new mechanic. This Dante already has more actions than Nero at end game so it has potential. As for difficulty I will admit the enemies are VERY predictable. But than again they were in DMC3 as well so.....
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#57caffiend7Posted 11/22/2012 1:23:22 AM
Lupin the 4th posted...
caffiend7 posted...

If that was directed towards me, yeah...actually I will. I already know I'll most likely enjoy it unless it suddenly becomes a puzzle game halfway through or some other weird twist. The very fact I was all too willing to hate this game until I actually played a portion of it should say it all. Sad thing is, I was willing to hate it because of people like those who post here. Nothing but little nitpicky negative buzz. Now I know better. Trust nobody's opinion but my own, and I won't be disappointed.

Again, I've nothing against people who don't like this game. I just can't fathom the logic of sticking around a board for a game you hate. I'd rather talk about things I like than harp on everything I think is wrong about the things I don't. Other than other human beings...I can talk for years on what I dislike about many of my fellow humans...sadly. Anyway, keep on hating/loving the game guys...let the wars continue. I know my opinion doesn't mean squat either...so I'm calling it a night. Lupin away! *vanishes with a priceless jewel in one hand and a scantily-clad blonde in the other*

No at TC but if you like it more power to you I won't stop you.
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#58Hunter1534Posted 11/22/2012 1:29:27 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
Actually I feel that the angel and demon pulls give you more control. You can actually decide if you want to bring enemies to you or bring yourself closer. In DMC4 the devil bringer did both but it was soley based on the enemies weight. Therefore you have more control with the new mechanic. This Dante already has more actions than Nero at end game so it has potential. As for difficulty I will admit the enemies are VERY predictable. But than again they were in DMC3 as well so.....

No where near as bad though. No where near at all.
---
Yo momma got caught givin' up neck in the bathroom at the Woodcrest country club, and it wasn't yo daddy.
#59moaristylePosted 11/22/2012 1:32:51 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
didnt DMC4 had the best up-to-date combat compared to ther dmcs? or is it just my opinion?

Only because it had quick-select styles for Dante, but you could easily tell after beating Nero's story that all the monsters were focused on how Nero could handle them and not Dante.
#60Xtreme65Posted 11/22/2012 1:34:43 AM
Oh and How does one enjoy DMC2 more than this demo? As someone who has played through the HD collection recently im very curious cuz DMC2 is probably the worst action game ever. (cant think of any worse.)
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.