This game is awesome. Better than DMC4 already, I'll say that much.

#71Dragoon_KailPosted 11/23/2012 3:46:14 AM
_tanjil_ posted...
@Dragoon_Kail What about the topics that go along the lines, "I've played all the DMCs and... this one is crap" Are those guys trolls?

it's probably not fair to say it's worse than DMC2. DmC is supposed to be a DMC like game but doesn't cut it as a DMC but has it's own merits for the action genre.. DMC2 was a DMC game and just failed to be a successor.

Ahh i forgot #3 using the word "haters" the most obvious of troll calling cards, go reread the TC comment, he follows all three

But yes if it didn't have the devil may cry name attached (in anagrams anyway) i'd cut it a break although i also wouldn't care about it, it's nothing speciel on it's own. Taking out the real devil may cry attributes like the name (title and cast names) & the combat removal of all of Nero's recycled moves and some of real Dante's, and just slap a diff title on the game it'd still be a mediocre hack n slash, just like every other ninja theory game
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#72tralxPosted 11/23/2012 6:36:53 AM
Honestly i feel as if this game is great lengths better than 2 and 4 but not equal to one or three which to me are the pinnacle of the series. People who complain about the speed difficulty and variety of this game and how Capcom should stick to making the franchise obviously either forgot or didnt play DMC2. With such high expectations and amazing looking trailers Devil May Cry 2 turned out to be possibly the worse action game i've ever played even on its highest difficulty it was easy. Enemies simply stood around and waited to die, waves would appear but they would attack you one by one. Their were no options for weapons sure their were three different swords but they were all simply palette swaps for Rebellion only with a slight increase in length and strength. Speaking of palette swaps...all of DMC2's enemies were palette swaps of one another as the game progressed enemies just changed colors. You went from fighting the demon lord Mundus to fighting some corrupt business man. Enviroments were open and bland with no creativity whatsoever honestly the list goes on.

4 honestly wasn't much better, you had a character with no explanation till this day no one is sure who Nero is apparently badass characters with white hair and demon blood just populate the world of DMC for some reason. The angelic design of the enemies were once again filled with palette swaps and Nero gameplay wise was a shallow attempt to be what Dante was. Once again with one weapon and gun. The only feature of DMC4 that i really enjoyed was the ability to buy and resell abilities allowing you to pick and choose the best skills for a certain moment allowing you to test them out without you buying a crappy ability and being stuck with it. Devil Bringer was a unique ability but it wasn implemented as smoothly as the pullpush system in DmC.

Honestly i thought this demo was amazing and I've been a fan of the series since literally day one when it was still being made as RE4. The controls are on point (although the timing from the pull into the air could be changed slightly so that when you attempt a immediate ariel rave followup you dont hit with the axe) the game is visually stunning enviroments look amazing and have this dreamy nightmare on elm street inception vibe to them. Dino's combos are more fluid and chain together better than in previous games. Little things like the ability to change weapons on the fly and hold the sword on yoru back without a sheath are actually explained through the character design. Which after some time is light years better than 4 which had the cowboy pants thing going on. New Donte isn't the same Dante as in previous games but maybe because hes not supposed to be. It has been previously stated several times that this is a alternate universe timeline version of the series. Like earth 1 and earth 2 people dont seem to get we're playing a earth 2 version of Dante here which would be lightyears different in terms of looks and attitude.
#73Xaldin0011Posted 11/23/2012 6:41:18 AM
Lupin the 4th posted...
caffiend7 posted...
You won't be saying that when the full version comes out, then again maybe you will

If that was directed towards me, yeah...actually I will. I already know I'll most likely enjoy it unless it suddenly becomes a puzzle game halfway through or some other weird twist. The very fact I was all too willing to hate this game until I actually played a portion of it should say it all. Sad thing is, I was willing to hate it because of people like those who post here. Nothing but little nitpicky negative buzz. Now I know better. Trust nobody's opinion but my own, and I won't be disappointed.

Again, I've nothing against people who don't like this game. I just can't fathom the logic of sticking around a board for a game you hate. I'd rather talk about things I like than harp on everything I think is wrong about the things I don't. Other than other human beings...I can talk for years on what I dislike about many of my fellow humans...sadly. Anyway, keep on hating/loving the game guys...let the wars continue. I know my opinion doesn't mean squat either...so I'm calling it a night. Lupin away! *vanishes with a priceless jewel in one hand and a scantily-clad blonde in the other*

LUPIN! I REMEMBER YOU FROM THE WO BOARDS! TACOS!

First Pyro, and now Lupin, how many other people do I know are gonna show up here?
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#74fioriPosted 11/23/2012 9:00:07 AM
DMC 2 was a crap DMC game,. Fact.

It can't be compared to 1,3 and 4. Fact.

It also can't be compared to a demo for a game that's still going to be released. Fact.

DMC 2 was a mediocre action game. Fact.

It was easy even on DMD. Fact.

You could kill any boss, just pressing square. You don't even need 2 hands to beat a boss. Fact. Just jump and shoot. Fact.

DmC demo is one of the few demos to offer 4 difficult modes. Fact.

DmC demo is one of the few demos to offer 3 secret missions. Fact.

In DmC, guns are weak, thus forcing the player to use melee moves to beat enemies and bosses. So the demo itself improved what we could see in DMC 2, regarding that aspect. Fact.

Dante was a robot in DMC 2. Fact.

Dante wasn't funny in DMC 2, he was mute. Fact.

DmC demo offered more combo options that DMC 2. Fact.

There was no decent air combo in DMC 2. There is in DmC. Fact.

Bosses didn't talk in DMC 2, except 1 or 2. Fact. The last boss for Dante's campaign was random and didn't even talk. Fact.

Dante from DmC demo has more dialogue than Dante in the complete DMC 2 game. Fact.

DmC demo is faster than DMC 2 gameplay, even if DMC 2 did run at 60 fps. Fact.

Enemies in DMC 2 died with3 or 4 hits, while enemies in the easiest difficult mode for DmC take a reasonable ammount of damage before dying. Fact,

Hate DmC or not, there is no way a human can say DMC 2 is better than DmC. It's not. Either these users are trolls or they are deluded fools that refuse to acknowledge that DMC 2 was a piece of crap DMC game. That's a fact.

Now deal with it. XD
#75Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 9:11:13 AM
fiori posted...
DMC 2 was a crap DMC game,. Fact.

It can't be compared to 1,3 and 4. Fact.

It also can't be compared to a demo for a game that's still going to be released. Fact.

DMC 2 was a mediocre action game. Fact.

It was easy even on DMD. Fact.

You could kill any boss, just pressing square. You don't even need 2 hands to beat a boss. Fact. Just jump and shoot. Fact.

DmC demo is one of the few demos to offer 4 difficult modes. Fact.

DmC demo is one of the few demos to offer 3 secret missions. Fact.

In DmC, guns are weak, thus forcing the player to use melee moves to beat enemies and bosses. So the demo itself improved what we could see in DMC 2, regarding that aspect. Fact.

Dante was a robot in DMC 2. Fact.

Dante wasn't funny in DMC 2, he was mute. Fact.

DmC demo offered more combo options that DMC 2. Fact.

There was no decent air combo in DMC 2. There is in DmC. Fact.

Bosses didn't talk in DMC 2, except 1 or 2. Fact. The last boss for Dante's campaign was random and didn't even talk. Fact.

Dante from DmC demo has more dialogue than Dante in the complete DMC 2 game. Fact.

DmC demo is faster than DMC 2 gameplay, even if DMC 2 did run at 60 fps. Fact.

Enemies in DMC 2 died with3 or 4 hits, while enemies in the easiest difficult mode for DmC take a reasonable ammount of damage before dying. Fact,

Hate DmC or not, there is no way a human can say DMC 2 is better than DmC. It's not. Either these users are trolls or they are deluded fools that refuse to acknowledge that DMC 2 was a piece of crap DMC game. That's a fact.

Now deal with it. XD

*applauds*