Leaked Ending

#231RayconPosted 11/24/2012 11:33:17 AM
ljobenza posted...
Sasukefire posted...
ljobenza posted...
Fulvip posted...
If this is true then I only have one question, when did Toriyama start working at Capcom? I thought he was still over at SE.

Akira Toriyama made stories for Square-Enix?

Wrong Toriyama.

There's no other Toriyama in Square-Enix. You're probably talking about Tetsuya Nomura.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motomu_Toriyama

What about this guy?
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#232Ether101Posted 11/24/2012 2:52:20 PM
Raycon posted...
ljobenza posted...
Sasukefire posted...
ljobenza posted...
Fulvip posted...
If this is true then I only have one question, when did Toriyama start working at Capcom? I thought he was still over at SE.

Akira Toriyama made stories for Square-Enix?

Wrong Toriyama.

There's no other Toriyama in Square-Enix. You're probably talking about Tetsuya Nomura.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motomu_Toriyama

What about this guy?

That guy only does poorly presented stories, Tetsuya Nomura's the one that comes up with the really bad ones with poorly thought out plot twists.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#233RayconPosted 11/24/2012 3:03:06 PM
Ether101 posted...

That guy only does poorly presented stories, Tetsuya Nomura's the one that comes up with the really bad ones with poorly thought out plot twists.

Of the two, I find Nomura's stories make more sense than Toriyama's...

After FFXIII and The 3rd Birthday, KH was simple and clean.
---
HA. See what I did there?
#234Gigahart_gaylorPosted 11/24/2012 3:40:37 PM
This has about a 5% chance of being true. I know the last leak turned out to be true but that doesn't mean everything out of 4chan is suddenly accurate.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
Anybody who says Dark Souls gameplay sucks is factually incorrect.
#235Gigahart_gaylorPosted 11/24/2012 3:41:54 PM
Greg never said it was cool, he said the leaked ending was bunk and the actually ending is cool.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
Anybody who says Dark Souls gameplay sucks is factually incorrect.
#236ace248952Posted 11/24/2012 5:35:39 PM
exodiark posted...
You guys might have old Dante back and still complaining?
I don't want to work at game industry.

^this

I called this type of ending (turns out it's alternate universe, real hero shows up at the end to appease and please fans) a long time ago, when they revealed the game was a "reboot".

Gamers are the hardest audience for a story writer to please. They all have such grandiose ideas of how the authors story should go, that they refuse to listen, respect, or sometimes even acknowledge the storyteller. Geez o Peez

/rant?
---
LP, LP -> LK, HP
My anti-drug
#237pyro_buntaPosted 11/24/2012 7:52:21 PM
Nope, it's just that the one making new ideas is the WRONG developer. Also that Capcom is the one making this decision. If you're not tailor making games for fans, make sure your own idea is good first! Standards wise, this game fails in the quality you get on a DMC game. Look at Megaman. It's almost a reboot for every game with adjusted gameplay, yet it still keeps the spirit of the series. Hell, it's ironic that Megaman is also a Capcom title itself.
---
...if you know what I mean
#238Ether101Posted 11/25/2012 1:38:55 AM(edited)
Raycon posted...
Ether101 posted...

And when Roxas is some how split off from Sora are you still going to say that?

ace248952 posted...
exodiark posted...
You guys might have old Dante back and still complaining?
I don't want to work at game industry.

^this

I called this type of ending (turns out it's alternate universe, real hero shows up at the end to appease and please fans) a long time ago, when they revealed the game was a "reboot".

Gamers are the hardest audience for a story writer to please. They all have such grandiose ideas of how the authors story should go, that they refuse to listen, respect, or sometimes even acknowledge the storyteller. Geez o Peez

/rant?

Really, because I called this idea as well and explained exactly why it was a bad.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#239RayconPosted 11/25/2012 1:46:58 AM
Ether101 posted...
Raycon posted...
Ether101 posted...

And when Roxas is some how split off from Sora are you still going to say that?

At least Nomura provides explanations... even if sometimes they have me scratching my head.

Toriyama's idea of an ending is a bunch of plot twists with little to no insight. A deus ex machina of some kind is involved, using information never provided in the actual game...Throw in some schnazzy special effects and call it a day.

So yeah, I make it pretty obvious which one I prefer. There's leaving something to the imagination... and then there's outright leaving players hanging with no shred of a clue on what just happened.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#240pyro_buntaPosted 11/25/2012 4:19:26 AM
Sora + X = Roxas
Ansem + X = Xemnas

They all just add the letter X then rearrange the letters.
---
...if you know what I mean