Leaked Ending

#251Ether101Posted 11/25/2012 8:06:07 AM
Raycon posted...
At least Nomura provides explanations... even if sometimes they have me scratching my head.

Toriyama's idea of an ending is a bunch of plot twists with little to no insight. A deus ex machina of some kind is involved, using information never provided in the actual game...Throw in some schnazzy special effects and call it a day.

So yeah, I make it pretty obvious which one I prefer. There's leaving something to the imagination... and then there's outright leaving players hanging with no shred of a clue on what just happened.

You just described a typical Nomura ending. Hell, KH2's ending involved two or three different deus ex meachina at the lest.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#252fioriPosted 11/25/2012 8:53:25 AM
Strelok posted...
Main thing: After lie upon lie upon lie from Capcom I can't trust them anymore.
It's like trusting the guy who borrowed money 15 times and at number 16 he says "This time I'll *really* pay you back, honest!"
Not falling for that one anymore.

I understand you, completely.

However, there are 2 sides of the same coin:

1) Just because someone lies to you several times, that doesn't mean he'll always lie.

2) Just because someone tells the truth, that doesn't mean he'll always tell the truth.

Assuming things, is the best thing in your view, according to your posts. While there is the use of logic, you still lack a solid evidence to support your claims.

It's your choice, but Capcom did what they really should have done. It's not about the plot of the game, it's about the leak of a game's ending. So, when it starts to spread all over the internet, it's quite obvious that you HAVE to do something about it.

So, it's doesn't matter if Capcom is a group of idiots or not, they did what they should have done as soon as the guy had posted that on 4chan.
#253StrelokPosted 11/25/2012 9:56:36 AM
What they SHOULD have done is doing better background checks on their testers if they wanted to keep things secret.

But yeah, right now I'm assuming that the guy who was right about a LOT of things is telling the truth. So far he sounds more credible to me than Capcom.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#254RayconPosted 11/25/2012 10:03:42 AM
Ether101 posted...
Raycon posted...
At least Nomura provides explanations... even if sometimes they have me scratching my head.

Toriyama's idea of an ending is a bunch of plot twists with little to no insight. A deus ex machina of some kind is involved, using information never provided in the actual game...Throw in some schnazzy special effects and call it a day.

So yeah, I make it pretty obvious which one I prefer. There's leaving something to the imagination... and then there's outright leaving players hanging with no shred of a clue on what just happened.

You just described a typical Nomura ending. Hell, KH2's ending involved two or three different deus ex meachina at the lest.

Okay, granted. At the time, KH2's ending was VERY confusing. It has since been explained (only took 3 new games on 3 different platforms >= ( but as that wasn't available at the time, I would have to agree. Still, I can't complain too much over one game compared to Toriyama's track record. And yes I realize I'm basically arguing the lesser of evils here.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth