So how was the demo?

#41Dragoon_KailPosted 11/24/2012 8:52:37 PM
not terribly compelling, combat was too easy yet awkwardly difficult thanks to a terrible control set up & lack of lock on (cause why have that when you can have 2 dodge buttons!) the story is just....brain damagingly stupid, it makes DMC1 look like shaksphere (or the works written by the actual Dante from history!) the voice actors sound bored to tears every line read, the 30fps is quite noticible as is the unreal engine and too much is recycled from DMC4's Nero(in lesser quality)

Taking away rabpid fanboyisim, it was an allright action game, but nothing speciel, definetly not devil may standards, but if you're okay with a decent hack & slash to waste a weekend on and capcom's bull go for it, but there's alot beter games coming out in january & febuary *coughMGR:revengancecough*
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#42VanderZooPosted 11/24/2012 10:02:39 PM
It was very fun, better than I thought it would be. The combat is great and the graphics are pretty awesome. It's nice to play a colourful DMC game. DMC1-3 were mostly shades of grey and brown. Here you get nice vibrant reds and blues that contrast with each other, it looks fantastic.
#43moaristylePosted 11/24/2012 10:15:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#44Pesmerga255Posted 11/24/2012 10:16:59 PM
VanderZoo posted...
It was very fun, better than I thought it would be. The combat is great and the graphics are pretty awesome. It's nice to play a colourful DMC game. DMC1-3 were mostly shades of grey and brown. Here you get nice vibrant reds and blues that contrast with each other, it looks fantastic.

Graphics aren't everything and the combat is average at best.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#45testament067Posted 11/24/2012 10:48:53 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
VanderZoo posted...

Telling someone their opinion is wrong? lol

Anyway TC I liked the demo. It's not as radically different from the other DMCs as many people on here say IMO, and I have played and adore the series. I tried to look at the demo objectively....and I think it's dope.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eqEDyEaHDk
#46VanderZooPosted 11/25/2012 5:20:15 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
VanderZoo posted...

Definitely wasn't average to me. It was fast paced, fluid, great ability for air conbo's and a lot of potential for chaining attacks together across the three different weapons in real time, which I'm to trying to get the hang of.

The dedicated dodge and launch buttons are a nice improvement and they even managed to implement their own version of the devil bringer.

I think they've improved over the past games clearly, in only complaint is the platforming still feels stiff, but again it's an improvement