Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

#101Pesmerga255Posted 11/23/2012 4:17:00 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...

I haven't been following this game that closely. Heard about the game when it was first announced. I liked the demo, and here I am.

Then why are you defending the writing if you just liked the gameplay?

Because I have no problems with the writing in the DmC demo. I can name at least ten other games that have worse writing, and even more that uses the f-word too much and in ways not at all appropriately.

Name them.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#102NessaJ_TuNPosted 11/23/2012 4:17:44 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...

I haven't been following this game that closely. Heard about the game when it was first announced. I liked the demo, and here I am.

Because I have no problems with the writing in the DmC demo. I can name at least ten other games that have worse writing, and even more that uses the f-word too much and in ways not at all appropriately.

name those 10. the only came in my mind is prototype 2 and its a horrible game.
#103synthetiksinPosted 11/23/2012 4:18:36 PM
Dante is the embodiment of anime "cool dude".

Using the F word isn't bad. It just has to be tasteful, like nudity. Nudity is disgusting if it's out of context and isn't necessary.
#104Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 4:19:39 PM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

Because people are grasping at straws a this point, in order to discredit the new Dante.

Old Dante was a cheesy, non-funny, anime-ish protagonist, and some people are being blinded by nostalgia when they say that he was a great character. Oh, not to forget, IMO.

u just have a bad taste in character and since when Anime-ish is bad?? Fyi Anime is way better than most Hollywood movies these days.

Anime is great, no argues there. But "old" Dante, to me at least, came across as one of those typical shonen protagonists. Meaning that he would, often, be cool and flashy, but not terrible interesting as a main character.
#105Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 4:22:24 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...

Name them.

Name the 10 game with worse writing, or games that abused the f-word?
#106NessaJ_TuNPosted 11/23/2012 4:23:23 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

Because people are grasping at straws a this point, in order to discredit the new Dante.

Old Dante was a cheesy, non-funny, anime-ish protagonist, and some people are being blinded by nostalgia when they say that he was a great character. Oh, not to forget, IMO.

u just have a bad taste in character and since when Anime-ish is bad?? Fyi Anime is way better than most Hollywood movies these days.

Anime is great, no argues there. But "old" Dante, to me at least, came across as one of those typical shonen protagonists. Meaning that he would, often, be cool and flashy, but not terrible interesting as a main character.

Typical?? name one please, u seem talk out of your ass here. I can name few Shonen Anime protagonist and all of them has different personality as old dante.
#107NessaJ_TuNPosted 11/23/2012 4:24:42 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...

Name them.

Name the 10 game with worse writing, or games that abused the f-word?

u name it dude, u the one that brought that up /smh. Only Prototype 2 that came on my mind, that's it.
#108Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 4:30:26 PM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Typical?? name one please, u seem talk out of your ass here. I can name few Shonen Anime protagonist and all of them has different personality as old dante.

Language, please. You are coming across as the "new" Dante. Meaning a bit on the bratty side.

And when I say typical, I'm talking about him being nonchalant, too cool for school etc.
#109NeoTStylePosted 11/23/2012 4:31:26 PM
I can name at least ten other games that have worse writing, and even more that uses the f-word too much and in ways not at all appropriately.

But that doesn't help this game's case at all. It's still an utterly terrible attempt at trying to make Devil May Cry look "cooler" to younger western audiences by making everyone swear a lot.
#110john_freeman69Posted 11/23/2012 4:33:23 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...

You could probably name 10 games with worse writing, but that doesn't change the fact that this game still has bad writing.

The issue is that they are bragging about the writing. They are bragging that the combat is just as good as, if not better, than the first 4 games.

Those are lies.
---
EVERYONE WATCH My Little Pony IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!