Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

#111YumeOMiruPosted 11/23/2012 4:35:07 PM
synthetiksin posted...
Dante is the embodiment of anime "cool dude".

Using the F word isn't bad. It just has to be tasteful, like nudity. Nudity is disgusting if it's out of context and isn't necessary.

But thatīs the problem. Is not tastefully used in DmC.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#112mahroflcopterPosted 11/23/2012 4:35:15 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

Because people are grasping at straws a this point, in order to discredit the new Dante.

Old Dante was a cheesy, non-funny, anime-ish protagonist, and some people are being blinded by nostalgia when they say that he was a great character. Oh, not to forget, IMO.

u just have a bad taste in character and since when Anime-ish is bad?? Fyi Anime is way better than most Hollywood movies these days.

Anime is great, no argues there. But "old" Dante, to me at least, came across as one of those typical shonen protagonists. Meaning that he would, often, be cool and flashy, but not terrible interesting as a main character.

Dante was anything but a typical Shonen Jump protagonist.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#113Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 4:38:17 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...

I haven't been following this game that closely. Heard about the game when it was first announced. I liked the demo, and here I am.

Then why are you defending the writing if you just liked the gameplay?

Because I have no problems with the writing in the DmC demo. I can name at least ten other games that have worse writing, and even more that uses the f-word too much and in ways not at all appropriately.

Name them.

- Kane and Lynch
- Kane and Lynch 2
- Rogue Warrior
- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Homefront
- Mindjack
- Viking: Battle For Asgard
- Dead to Rights: Retribution
- Quantum Theory

There, 10 games with worse writing. All of them current gen.
#114FadetooBlackPosted 11/23/2012 4:39:58 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

The problem is that he's using it like he's a child that's just discovered the word.

^^ This... The whole exchange was childish, overdone, and embarrassing to watch.
---
Rest in Piss
#115NessaJ_TuNPosted 11/23/2012 4:44:26 PM
Language, please. You are coming across as the "new" Dante. Meaning a bit on the bratty side.

And when I say typical, I'm talking about him being nonchalant, too cool for school etc.

name one duh. I give u example: Luffy n Naruto are two of the most popular Shonen protagonist, they don't behave anything like Old Dante. The only guy that imo reminds me a bit of Dante, probably Gintoki for Gintama series. what's up with the school ?? we talking about Shonen anime not drama anime or Seinen.

dude I'll apologize to u if u just answer the question properly, but u do seem just talk some bull crap here, no offense.
#116Big_Boss1432Posted 11/23/2012 4:45:49 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...

Because these people seem to think Dantes had class for so long and he was never a douche.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#117Pesmerga255Posted 11/23/2012 4:46:07 PM
- Kane and Lynch
- Kane and Lynch 2
- Rogue Warrior
- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Homefront
- Mindjack
- Quantum Theory

Did any of the deveopers of this game make them out to be the deepest and best thing ever made?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#118Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 4:47:24 PM
john_freeman69 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...

Because I have no problems with the writing in the DmC demo. I can name at least ten other games that have worse writing, and even more that uses the f-word too much and in ways not at all appropriately.

You could probably name 10 games with worse writing, but that doesn't change the fact that this game still has bad writing.

The issue is that they are bragging about the writing. They are bragging that the combat is just as good as, if not better, than the first 4 games.

Those are lies.

You say that it has bad writing and combat, but that is simply your own opinion. Granted, I'm not the biggest DMC fan, but I like hack and slash, and I actually found the combat in the DmC demo to be really fun.

Oh, and concerning bad writing, I can handle it. I've played games since the NES era, I don't expect Tarentino writing in my games... Especially not in a game where I'm killing demons with a giant sword/scythe/hammer etc.

It's a game, as long as it's fun and entertaining, then I'm board.
#119Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 4:49:43 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
- Kane and Lynch
- Kane and Lynch 2
- Rogue Warrior
- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Homefront
- Mindjack
- Quantum Theory

Did any of the deveopers of this game make them out to be the deepest and best thing ever made?

I believe they did with the following: the Kane and Lynch games, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 and Homefront.
#120NessaJ_TuNPosted 11/23/2012 4:52:53 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...

I haven't been following this game that closely. Heard about the game when it was first announced. I liked the demo, and here I am.

Then why are you defending the writing if you just liked the gameplay?

Name them.

- Kane and Lynch
- Kane and Lynch 2
- Rogue Warrior
- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Homefront
- Mindjack
- Quantum Theory

There, 10 games with worse writing. All of them current gen.

just because their writing isn't good doesn't mean it has a lot of cursing, also AC1 n 2 has pretty good writing and some of the game u mention don't have a that nonsense cursing either, MindJack, Viking, Rogue Warrior, Homefront, Quantum Theory etc. I havent played Kane n Lynch series, since it made by Hitman team I'm sure it will have tons of it, but their style is known very dark and gritty, the way they picture the world is pretty much a world full of sick minded people, so the writing pretty much make more sense.

also this thread about game that has overused cursing, not the worse written game, u said there are 10 games that like that. name it. I would put Kane and Lynch series, which are terrible game and Prototype 2, that's it.