Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

#21DarkJaydragonPosted 11/23/2012 11:45:56 AM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
Samuel L. Jackson is disappointed in this generation.

Nah, the f-bombs tooootally ruined Pulp Fiction. I mean, Look at how immature Samuel Jackson appeared when using it.

Pulp fiction Samuel L. Jackson can't compare to the old Samuel L. Jackson with the white afro and red jacket.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#22Pesmerga255Posted 11/23/2012 11:46:40 AM(edited)
Undead_Yakuza posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Nah, the f-bombs tooootally ruined Pulp Fiction. I mean, Look at how immature Samuel Jackson appeared when using it.

That's different. Samuel L. Jackson doesn't come across as some obnoxious manchild in Pulp Fiction. "Dante" does whenever he swears in DmC. NT even admitted themselves that DmC was made for a younger audience.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#23KyryloPosted 11/23/2012 11:47:05 AM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

Because people are grasping at straws a this point, in order to discredit the new Dante.

Old Dante was a cheesy, non-funny, anime-ish protagonist, and some people are being blinded by nostalgia when they say that he was a great character. Oh, not to forget, IMO.

oh,yay, another japanophobe, woken up from 100 hours in cod.

Uh, don't misunderstand. I love anime, so I can safely say that "old" Dante was a walking, talking, non-funny cliche. I'm simply stating that calling the new Dante a terrible character, while at the same time praising the old one, is, imo, pretty damn funny.

uhu. all this talk old Dante is crap. is just monkeing after NT.
#24YumeOMiruPosted 11/23/2012 11:49:26 AM
F*** can be used with finesse, and when it does, the character get both swag and charm. F*** used without finesse and combined with poor writing amounts to nothing other than a angry pathetic kid shouting to the empty air.

F*** with finesse = Samuel Jackson
F*** without finesse = Donte
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#25jcrush089Posted 11/23/2012 11:49:39 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Pulp fiction Samuel L. Jackson can't compare to the old Samuel L. Jackson with the white afro and red jacket.

lmfao
---
I know the odds are against me but if theres a way to win I'm going to find it!
#26TexnophilePosted 11/23/2012 11:49:41 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

Because saying F*** YOU is so mature and witty right?

No one is being a prude, it's just unlike you people see these childish 'insults' as a sign of immature writing. They also reused that insult when Dino punched the bouncer and wrote F*** you on the clipboard. How original.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#27NeoTStylePosted 11/23/2012 11:50:45 AM
Because most DMC fans are adults. Adults tend to not find excessive swearing funny anymore.
#28Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 11:51:38 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Ahahahaha. Seriously, thank you!!
#29smithkakarotPosted 11/23/2012 11:52:10 AM
Saying "F*** YOU" was edgy and cool back...oh, I'd say, when I was about 7 years old.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#30QCTeamkillPosted 11/23/2012 11:52:33 AM
EntropyZero posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Because people are grasping at straws a this point, in order to discredit the new Dante.

Old Dante was a cheesy, non-funny, anime-ish protagonist, and some people are being blinded by nostalgia when they say that he was a great character. Oh, not to forget, IMO.

i can't believe anyone would prefer new dante over old one.
only people i can see saying that are the ones who hasn't played through the series while it was new back then

huh, what's the point of "while it was new"?

I mean I could enjoy an episode of "Prince of Bel-Air" back then but it really didn't age well, that's what you mean?