Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

#41KyryloPosted 11/23/2012 12:12:41 PM
THEB0SS666 posted...
Dante says f you one time in the whole demo and people are getting worked up?

no, but after that demo says F****you, *puke*
#42ColonelChikenPosted 11/23/2012 12:13:45 PM
A lot of this is actually NT talking big game and not living up to it. NT promised a story that will treat us like adults and instead give us an "F You" tirade. I know the scene isn't the whole game but they should've just kept quiet until they had more to show instead of running their mouths thinking people will love them no matter what, but they jumped the gun and here we are now.
#43Arc166Posted 11/23/2012 12:14:56 PM
ejshin posted...
F* bombs from Dante, people lose their marbles. Bayonetta drops one, gets practically naked, and makes several overt sexual movements and innuendo and she's a gaming goddess.

She was rather insufferable.

I also disliked her.

Such a massive *****.
#44exodiarkPosted 11/23/2012 12:17:21 PM
ColonelChiken posted...
A lot of this is actually NT talking big game and not living up to it. NT promised a story that will treat us like adults and instead give us an "F You" tirade. I know the scene isn't the whole game but they should've just kept quiet until they had more to show instead of running their mouths thinking people will love them no matter what, but they jumped the gun and here we are now.

Adults... do swear, you know, especially in conflicts. Just look at your mom and dad when they're having a fight, doesn't mean they're not adults.
To count, Dante only says "**** you" once in the demo. You guys are overblowing it.
#45smithkakarotPosted 11/23/2012 12:23:44 PM
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

Adults... do swear, you know, especially in conflicts. Just look at your mom and dad when they're having a fight, doesn't mean they're not adults.
To count, Dante only says "**** you" once in the demo. You guys are overblowing it.

My dad is dead and my Mom divorced him when I was 6 anyway.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#46exodiarkPosted 11/23/2012 12:25:17 PM
smithkakarot posted...
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

My dad is dead and my Mom divorced him when I was 6 anyway.

Bad example, but my point stands :)
#47RayconPosted 11/23/2012 12:27:07 PM
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

A distinction needs be made between "being an adult" and being "mature." A lot of adults swear, this is true. But most of the mature ones know they don't have to swear to get their point across.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#48exodiarkPosted 11/23/2012 12:33:29 PM
Raycon posted...
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

A distinction needs be made between "being an adult" and being "mature." A lot of adults swear, this is true. But most of the mature ones know they don't have to swear to get their point across.

Well the promise is about treating you like adult :)
Besides, if kids can get story about old man (Pixar's Up), why can't older people get stories about non-politically correct rebellious brat? I'm sure Dante will grow up in the end.
#49RayconPosted 11/23/2012 12:36:23 PM
exodiark posted...
Raycon posted...
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

Well the promise is about treating you like adult :)
Besides, if kids can get story about old man (Pixar's Up), why can't older people get stories about non-politically correct rebellious brat? I'm sure Dante will grow up in the end.

Not if the leaked ending is true. >_>
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#50exodiarkPosted 11/23/2012 12:37:46 PM
Why would the leaked ending prevent Dante from growing up as a person?