Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?
3 years ago#41
THEB0SS666 posted...
Dante says f you one time in the whole demo and people are getting worked up?

no, but after that demo says F****you, *puke*
3 years ago#42
A lot of this is actually NT talking big game and not living up to it. NT promised a story that will treat us like adults and instead give us an "F You" tirade. I know the scene isn't the whole game but they should've just kept quiet until they had more to show instead of running their mouths thinking people will love them no matter what, but they jumped the gun and here we are now.
3 years ago#43
ejshin posted...
F* bombs from Dante, people lose their marbles. Bayonetta drops one, gets practically naked, and makes several overt sexual movements and innuendo and she's a gaming goddess.

She was rather insufferable.

I also disliked her.

Such a massive *****.
3 years ago#44
ColonelChiken posted...
A lot of this is actually NT talking big game and not living up to it. NT promised a story that will treat us like adults and instead give us an "F You" tirade. I know the scene isn't the whole game but they should've just kept quiet until they had more to show instead of running their mouths thinking people will love them no matter what, but they jumped the gun and here we are now.

Adults... do swear, you know, especially in conflicts. Just look at your mom and dad when they're having a fight, doesn't mean they're not adults.
To count, Dante only says "**** you" once in the demo. You guys are overblowing it.
3 years ago#45
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

Adults... do swear, you know, especially in conflicts. Just look at your mom and dad when they're having a fight, doesn't mean they're not adults.
To count, Dante only says "**** you" once in the demo. You guys are overblowing it.

My dad is dead and my Mom divorced him when I was 6 anyway.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
3 years ago#46
smithkakarot posted...
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

My dad is dead and my Mom divorced him when I was 6 anyway.

Bad example, but my point stands :)
3 years ago#47
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

A distinction needs be made between "being an adult" and being "mature." A lot of adults swear, this is true. But most of the mature ones know they don't have to swear to get their point across.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
3 years ago#48
Raycon posted...
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

A distinction needs be made between "being an adult" and being "mature." A lot of adults swear, this is true. But most of the mature ones know they don't have to swear to get their point across.

Well the promise is about treating you like adult :)
Besides, if kids can get story about old man (Pixar's Up), why can't older people get stories about non-politically correct rebellious brat? I'm sure Dante will grow up in the end.
3 years ago#49
exodiark posted...
Raycon posted...
exodiark posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

Well the promise is about treating you like adult :)
Besides, if kids can get story about old man (Pixar's Up), why can't older people get stories about non-politically correct rebellious brat? I'm sure Dante will grow up in the end.

Not if the leaked ending is true. >_>
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
3 years ago#50
Why would the leaked ending prevent Dante from growing up as a person?
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived