Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

#51RayconPosted 11/23/2012 12:39:00 PM
exodiark posted...
Why would the leaked ending prevent Dante from growing up as a person?

>_______________>

Because the ending, if true, shows there is no moral development for Donte, and that he is just as cruel as the person he is fighting against.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#52Capitan_Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 12:39:40 PM
ColonelChiken posted...
A lot of this is actually NT talking big game and not living up to it. NT promised a story that will treat us like adults and instead give us an "F You" tirade. I know the scene isn't the whole game but they should've just kept quiet until they had more to show instead of running their mouths thinking people will love them no matter what, but they jumped the gun and here we are now.

All youre doing is judging a book by its cover. Why dont you wait until the game comes out before you condemn its story?
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#53SinisterSamuraiPosted 11/23/2012 12:40:08 PM
Swearing is an art form. People will argue whether Pulp Fiction's use of vulgarity added to the movie and enriched our lives or depreciated us all. People are asking similar questions about DmC's use of profanity, but the difference is that almost no one is arguing that DmC enriched their life. The highest DmC's use of the art can claim is to at least not have done any harm. Its used excessively, rather than artfully, and that's a troubling sign since Ninja Theory is trying very hard to sell themselves as fine storytellers rather than just storytellers. Still, it's hard to judge a work without seeing its entirety, and it's possible that NT will surprise me. I just won't give them my money based on what I've seen so far.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#54sworderPosted 11/23/2012 12:40:35 PM
Raycon posted...
A distinction needs be made between "being an adult" and being "mature." A lot of adults swear, this is true. But most of the mature ones know they don't have to swear to get their point across.

Who established this correlation between maturity and swear words? Is it impossible to be mature and swear?
#55exodiarkPosted 11/23/2012 12:47:38 PM
Raycon posted...
exodiark posted...
Why would the leaked ending prevent Dante from growing up as a person?

>_______________>

Because the ending, if true, shows there is no moral development for Donte, and that he is just as cruel as the person he is fighting against.

???
Because you have played the game and know the story from the first until the end?

And why can't an evil guy be mature? The point is he's growing, whether he becomes good guy or even worse guy in the end is another thing.
#56RayconPosted 11/23/2012 12:47:56 PM
sworder posted...
Raycon posted...
A distinction needs be made between "being an adult" and being "mature." A lot of adults swear, this is true. But most of the mature ones know they don't have to swear to get their point across.

Who established this correlation between maturity and swear words? Is it impossible to be mature and swear?

Never said that.

"But most of the mature ones know they don't have to swear to get their point across."
---
#57NeoTStylePosted 11/23/2012 1:03:30 PM(edited)
ColonelChiken posted...
A lot of this is actually NT talking big game and not living up to it. NT promised a story that will treat us like adults and instead give us an "F You" tirade. I know the scene isn't the whole game but they should've just kept quiet until they had more to show instead of running their mouths thinking people will love them no matter what, but they jumped the gun and here we are now.

All youre doing is judging a book by its cover. Why dont you wait until the game comes out before you condemn its story?

Are you really that deluded?

He is judging the game by what Ninja Theory decided to release so far. There's multiple trailers, interviews, a developer diary (lol) and a demo for this game out now. Either Ninja Theory went full-retard with their choice of scenes and story portions to show off or the game's story and characters are simply complete **** and NT was just bragging because their previous games supposedly had good writing. But then again those weren't written by NT either but by renowned writers they hired IIRC.
#58RayconPosted 11/23/2012 1:04:04 PM
NeoTStyle posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

He is judging the game by what Ninja Theory decided to release so far. There's multiple trailers, interviews, a developer diary (lol) and a demo for this game out now. Either Ninja Theory went full-retard with their choice of scenes and story portions to show off or the game's story and characters are simply complete **** and NT was just bragging because their previous games supposedly had above-average writing. But then again those weren't written by NT either but by renowned writers they hired IIRC.

I never understood that either. A lot people don't seem to realize this is NT's first game where writing/characterization was all in-house...
---
#59Dragoon_KailPosted 11/23/2012 1:07:12 PM
Aside from the whole real dante doesn't curse thing (which i swear i've heard him curse before, but whatever) it's just stupid, it's a giant ancient demon & a punk kid yelling "F you!!" at each other for a minute, it's dumb, not witty, not clever, just dumb

My condolences to the few remaining brain cells of anyone who thought that scene was ha-ha-larious, i'm sure you own the deluxe edition box set of the scarey movies too
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#60YumeOMiruPosted 11/23/2012 1:09:21 PM
Raycon posted...
NeoTStyle posted...
ColonelChiken posted...

He is judging the game by what Ninja Theory decided to release so far. There's multiple trailers, interviews, a developer diary (lol) and a demo for this game out now. Either Ninja Theory went full-retard with their choice of scenes and story portions to show off or the game's story and characters are simply complete **** and NT was just bragging because their previous games supposedly had above-average writing. But then again those weren't written by NT either but by renowned writers they hired IIRC.

I never understood that either. A lot people don't seem to realize this is NT's first game where writing/characterization was all in-house...

O__O

I lost all my respect for NT just about right now. I thought Enslaved was done 100% by NT. Well, they can create nice looking levels, thatīs the only thing they got going for them............
---
Having a dream is essential to live.