Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

#61ShadowBoyZXPosted 11/23/2012 1:13:59 PM
Holy s***, how many times does this need to be explained? I mean seriously, you pros need to just pick a new topic already. No one has a problem with cursing, what they do have a problem with is how it was used. There are games with far more cursing but it's meaningful and used to either make an impact(ex:Fallout) or to make people laugh(ex:Shadows Of The Damned) Everyone knows real people curse, hell I bet half of the people on this board curse worse than that on an average day but we don't need to see it in a game for NO reason.
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#62Arc166Posted 11/23/2012 1:17:14 PM

I lost all my respect for NT just about right now. I thought Enslaved was done 100% by NT. Well, they can create nice looking levels, thatīs the only thing they got going for them............

Enslaved was by... Rhianna Pratchett. The daughter of Terry Pratchett
#63Parad0x_Zer0Posted 11/23/2012 1:22:18 PM
Because Devil May Cry was known for its excellent writing and brilliant voice acting, right?

Jeeze waleeze >.>
---
"People will think of Frankenstein and they will say 'I can't believe it's not butter.' "
#64NeoTStylePosted 11/23/2012 2:04:48 PM
Because Devil May Cry was known for its excellent writing and brilliant voice acting, right?

Jeeze waleeze >.>

No it wasn't, but at least it was charming and funny. Also DMC3 and 4 had pretty good VA. Writing is a different matter obviously, but it was fun and when 3 tried to be serious, it succeeded.

NT has been claiming since day one that their take on DmC will be less "Japanese-y", have a deep story with deep characters and great writing. (which they think is to be expected by them)

But all we got from the so far released material is cookie-cutter writing, Dante turned into an unlikable dick and just a whole lot of unnecessary, childish swearing.
#65Pueojit2Posted 11/23/2012 2:10:05 PM
best dialogue in any game
dante: f*** you
demon: no f*** you
dante: no f*** you (kills demon)
demon: f*** youuuuuu

high qualtiy writing
#66mahroflcopterPosted 11/23/2012 2:21:04 PM(edited)
I didn't like it when the Devil May Cry Anime suddenly used F*** for absolutely no reason. I didn't like it when Gears of War 2 used F*** over a hundred times when Gears of War only used it twice either. I don't like it when a PG-13 movie puts in the f-word just because they can use it a single time and for no other reason. Hell, I don't even like when internet reviewers use F*** like as if it were a replacement for every single adjective in the English language. It's a matter of taste.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#67shdwdrgnixPosted 11/23/2012 2:20:20 PM
What people fail to realize is that Dante did say F*** to that Warden guy in the anime. And that wasn't the only time he swears in this.
#68mahroflcopterPosted 11/23/2012 2:22:29 PM
shdwdrgnix posted...
What people fail to realize is that Dante did say F*** to that Warden guy in the anime. And that wasn't the only time he swears in this.

Most people see the Anime in the same light that they see Devil May Cry 2: They don't think about it, they don't talk about it, and even though Capcom says it's canon they say it didn't happen.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#69SandOnMyBootPosted 11/23/2012 2:37:18 PM
Reuben Langdon (y'know, Dante's old actor) has also said he doesn't think the anime was all that great. He mentioned that it was very rushed, not just in the English dubbing, but over in Japan too.
#70SasukefirePosted 11/23/2012 2:38:51 PM
Nero: I'm not interested in your bull****.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdydfhqg0k1qmxyqfo2_500.png