Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

#71Ether101Posted 11/23/2012 2:53:16 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
shdwdrgnix posted...
What people fail to realize is that Dante did say F*** to that Warden guy in the anime. And that wasn't the only time he swears in this.

Most people see the Anime in the same light that they see Devil May Cry 2: They don't think about it, they don't talk about it, and even though Capcom says it's canon they say it didn't happen.

I don't remember them saying that at all. I like the over all idea of the anime but the execution left a lot to be desired.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#72EliteGuard99Posted 11/23/2012 3:12:29 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

The problem is that he's using it like he's a child that's just discovered the word.

^This

swearing constantly is only something kids in middle school do to try to look cool or "hardcore", and as always it has the opposite effect.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#73Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 3:13:35 PM
EliteGuard99 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

The problem is that he's using it like he's a child that's just discovered the word.

^This

swearing constantly is only something kids in middle school do to try to look cool or "hardcore", and as always it has the opposite effect.

Didn't he, like, only use it once.
#74john_freeman69Posted 11/23/2012 3:14:27 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...

That scene was embarrassing.

Its trying too hard.

And probably only appeals to 13 year olds.
---
EVERYONE WATCH My Little Pony IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!
#75Ether101Posted 11/23/2012 3:16:19 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
EliteGuard99 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

^This

He's said "**** you." at lest three times but that's not the only foul language he uses.
---
#76Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 3:18:58 PM
john_freeman69 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Its trying too hard.

Come on, the entire DMC series is cheesy, over the top and feels like it's trying too hard. Remember the pizza scene in DMC3?
#77RatedStingerPosted 11/23/2012 3:19:16 PM
EliteGuard99 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

^This

This x2
---
TAKA: WE ARE EEEEEVILLLL!!!!!!!!!!!
Funaki: INDEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#78Ether101Posted 11/23/2012 3:20:56 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Its trying too hard.

Come on, the entire DMC series is cheesy, over the top and feels like it's trying too hard. Remember the pizza scene in DMC3?

That scene felt natural.
---
#79BIGFELLAH26Posted 11/23/2012 3:22:11 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Because people are grasping at straws a this point, in order to discredit the new Dante.

Old Dante was a cheesy, non-funny, anime-ish protagonist, and some people are being blinded by nostalgia when they say that he was a great character. Oh, not to forget, IMO.

No, it's people like you who are desperately grasping at straws trying to find a reason that new Dante is better than old Dante. You're struggling and you've come up with an incredibly dumb reason why old Dante wasn't good. Before you get stuck into me about nostalgia, I didn't like the original games, nor did I really enjoy Dante. That being said even I know that old Dante is a whole lot better than new Dante. I don't mind swearing if it is necessary swearing. By the way the TC is acting Dante swearing sounds unnecessary to me.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#80Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 3:23:03 PM
Ether101 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
EliteGuard99 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

^This

He's said "**** you." at lest three times but that's not the only foul language he uses.

Does it even matter? I can't count the number of f**** that appears in games such as Gears, or even films.

Plus, he's confronting a huge demon, I don't think that throwing a couple of f**** around ruins anything.