Why is everyone acting so prudish over the f word?

#81Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 2:24:40 PM
Ether101 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

That scene was embarrassing.

Its trying too hard.

And probably only appeals to 13 year olds.

Come on, the entire DMC series is cheesy, over the top and feels like it's trying too hard. Remember the pizza scene in DMC3?

That scene felt natural.

Well, that's your opinion. It always made me cringe.
#82Pesmerga255Posted 11/23/2012 2:27:27 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Ether101 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Seriously this isnt grade school. Dante or any other character using f*** isnt a big f***ing deal. Get over it.

Its trying too hard.

Come on, the entire DMC series is cheesy, over the top and feels like it's trying too hard. Remember the pizza scene in DMC3?

That scene felt natural.

Do you prefer this game's pizza scene? That's disgusting.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#83Ether101Posted 11/23/2012 2:28:26 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Ether101 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Its trying too hard.

That scene felt natural.

And my opinion means far more then yours does on this subject.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#84john_freeman69Posted 11/23/2012 2:29:38 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...

Ninja Theory has been marketing DmC as "Shakespearean".

Once they do that, higher expectations are set in place.

If they are using the slurm queen boss as an example, then they bloody well deserved to be laughed at.
---
EVERYONE WATCH My Little Pony IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!
#85Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/23/2012 2:32:59 PM
john_freeman69 posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...

Ninja Theory has been marketing DmC as "Shakespearean".

Once they do that, higher expectations are set in place.

If they are using the slurm queen boss as an example, then they bloody well deserved to be laughed at.

I haven't been following this game that closely. Heard about the game when it was first announced. I liked the demo, and here I am.
#86Yuji KaidoPosted 11/23/2012 2:36:31 PM
Just saw the scene. I laughed.
And not in a good way. The whole scene came across as juvenile. Like a conversation you hear two 12 year olds saying trying to be cool.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
"Death's embrace awaits !!!" - Evil Ryu
#87mahroflcopterPosted 11/23/2012 2:39:18 PM
Ether101 posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
shdwdrgnix posted...
What people fail to realize is that Dante did say F*** to that Warden guy in the anime. And that wasn't the only time he swears in this.

Most people see the Anime in the same light that they see Devil May Cry 2: They don't think about it, they don't talk about it, and even though Capcom says it's canon they say it didn't happen.

I don't remember them saying that at all. I like the over all idea of the anime but the execution left a lot to be desired.

"they" as in "the fandom in general". The Anime was none to well received since it was a bunch of stand alone episodes that followed a very generic structure, was obviously low budget when you watch the fight scenes (Dante swings his sword and fires Ebony & Ivory for a few seconds... wins fight and ends the episode), gave Trish a completely new personality (which carried over into Devil May Cry 4), had really bad character designs for the demons (A 5 year old could have come up with more inspired character designs), and essentially rehashed much of the basic plot of Devil May Cry 3 in the final 2 episodes (find objects, bring them together, get a sacrifice, open hell gate, unleash hell on earth to gain power, etc).

I personally liked the Anime for my own reasons (and would really like a second season)... but I can understand why many didn't.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#88SlaveBladePosted 11/23/2012 2:39:49 PM
UnknownWin posted...
It was the first time in the series he says that.

He says **** in the anime, get over it people.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#89mahroflcopterPosted 11/23/2012 2:41:10 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
UnknownWin posted...
It was the first time in the series he says that.

He says **** in the anime, get over it people.

And guess how well regarded the anime is in general...
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#90LeeCzPosted 11/23/2012 2:42:12 PM
Well... she forget she said "F You" :D
(1000years old)
So Dante remind her.

But i must say i was really surprised by this "word work"
It came from nowhere.

Kinda like some sort of song.....

F. Youuuuu!
F. YOUUUU!!!
F. You?
No, you :D

Supa Dupa Cooooool Mature game = F. word and Shi.. word. Why stop here?
Go all the way!

Mature LVL = X x F. Word

Heh i remember that "Damn!" was hardcore curse.
---
PSN SevenDiendForce
ACV-DS-DkS Valgar Reinhart