"Ugh. Smells like sick!"

#31Objection102Posted 11/24/2012 11:00:08 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Objection102 posted...
Raycon posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
smithkakarot posted...
"Smells like sick"? Is that even grammatically correct?

No. But people use things like "You did good" nowadays...

>_<

Why generation.... WHY!?

Is it bad that I didn't know that, use that grammatically-incorrect statement almost every day, and wish to atone for my sins against the English-speaking populace? ._.

Now you know. So use 'well' instead of 'good' in those situations.

I'll try to remember!

Also, on topic, 'puke' would have been better than 'sick'. I literally had to say "what?" out loud when I first heard it.
---
PSN: KJman456
http://psntl.com/cards/KJman456.png
#32Psychochild27Posted 11/24/2012 11:19:07 AM(edited)
Raycon posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
smithkakarot posted...

No. But people use things like "You did good" nowadays...

>_<

Why generation.... WHY!?

Is it bad that I didn't know that, use that grammatically-incorrect statement almost every day, and wish to atone for my sins against the English-speaking populace? ._.

I've seen the word sick used interchangeably with vomit in a few books and shows from the UK. Given where Ninja Theory is, it's not surprising to see it used in that context (But man is it funny hearing a guy trying to make a convincing American accent who's supposed to be too cool for school using words like that off the cuff).
#33stevenbobPosted 11/24/2012 11:21:20 AM
the only line he said that I liked in the boss fight was when you hit the boss and he says you like it when I hit on you it was not great but it was decent
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#34YoungGganonPosted 11/24/2012 11:55:56 AM
smithkakarot posted...

I was thinking this same thing. I've never, ever heard anyone ever say this. Which is funny too because my brother's friends say stupid s*** similar to this all the time. I've never heard this phrase, nor is it grammatically correct...
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#35ShadowZero007Posted 11/24/2012 11:58:24 AM
You can claim others are killing English, but in the end it's how languages and dialects naturally evolve and change.

:p Someday; their English shall be proper and we; we'll be relics whom speak in dated dialects that reflect our own aged visage.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#36RayconPosted 11/24/2012 12:02:37 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
You can claim others are killing English, but in the end it's how languages and dialects naturally evolve and change.

:p Someday; their English shall be proper and we; we'll be relics whom speak in dated dialects that reflect our own aged visage.

How I dread that day. = (
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#37wh0_kn0wsPosted 11/24/2012 12:48:04 PM
grammar is random and arbitrary. but this game will always blow.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#38TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 11/24/2012 12:55:47 PM
ejshin posted...
SinisterSamurai posted...
Shakespearean.

You do realize that Shakespeare wrote his plays in the same type of English the lower class used and included bawdy humor and vulgar(for the time) references that the upper class wouldn't understand, but gave the common class something to laugh at. The story appeased the higher wrungs of society, while the vulgarity and humor entertained everyone else. Read some Shakespeare and you'll be surprised how many gentital and sex jokes there are hidden in the dialogue.

Read Twelfth Night and Hamlet at school... so. much. sexual. innuendo.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Black 2 FC: 2967 6431 8466 [Josh]
#39Malus_X6Posted 11/24/2012 2:54:55 PM
Also, on topic, 'puke' would have been better than 'sick'. I literally had to say "what?" out loud when I first heard it.

It's written by a Brit. Different word usage and all that.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#40antking61Posted 11/24/2012 2:58:11 PM
Sony_7 posted...
"I'm your prom date you ugly sack of ****!"

Ya it's pure cheese, but other DMC games aren't any better. The only difference is this one has swear words and apparently that's totally unacceptable. It's not trying to be "edgy", they're just cussing, geez like almost all of you do every day.

No, it's that Dante was goofy. This is just annoying.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!