If you still think this game is any good...

#21FNP88Posted 11/25/2012 9:01:35 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
FNP88 posted...
Can we stop with these type of posts, they are incredibly pathetic. Peoeple ARE going to like this game, and some of them are going to be legitimate DMC fans. Will it top DMC3? I don't think so, but most long running franchises have a game that they are never able to top. If you guys were actually fans of the franchise you would be open minded, and less butthurt.

And the people that like this game like bad things. This is simple and clear cut...

Well you spend a lot of time on a "bad" games message board, seems kind of stupid to me. I don't like my little pony, do you see me on those weird 4chan boards saying my little pony sucks? No, because that would be f***ing stupid.
#22FireMage7777Posted 11/25/2012 9:13:44 AM
FNP88 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
FNP88 posted...
Can we stop with these type of posts, they are incredibly pathetic. Peoeple ARE going to like this game, and some of them are going to be legitimate DMC fans. Will it top DMC3? I don't think so, but most long running franchises have a game that they are never able to top. If you guys were actually fans of the franchise you would be open minded, and less butthurt.

And the people that like this game like bad things. This is simple and clear cut...

Well you spend a lot of time on a "bad" games message board, seems kind of stupid to me. I don't like my little pony, do you see me on those weird 4chan boards saying my little pony sucks? No, because that would be f***ing stupid.

Were you ever a fan of MLP and then the people that made it f'd it up beyond recognition? No, I thought not
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#23Br3aking8adPosted 11/25/2012 9:25:37 AM
I have heard so much whining about this game that I COULD HAVE BUILT A FREAKIN FAKE TIME MACHINE WITH ALL OF YOUR "TRUE FANBOY" TEARS.

yeah, I could have. But I didn't, because I was too busy enjoying the demo of a good game. I have never seen any fanbase cry so much over a few little changes. The story is different, OF COURSE IT ISNT GOING TO BE THE SAME. the whole system is different, it's fresh, it's new. It's supposed to be a change. The original games were like a funny pleasure. You would play them for the action then laugh at all the horrible dialogue that left all the character's mouths.

And seriously? let's drive a dang motorcycle up a freaking building and beat demons to death with it and watch as it unrealistically explodes and only the handle bars are left. OR lets ride on a freaking rocket like a skate board into capcom's face for ever thinking of bringing something fresh to a dying old tank corpse that was DMC already. Have any of you not played DMC 4? it's garbage. Trash. It doesn't deserve to have a DMC name, you fight all the same bosses TWICE, dante has a cool collection of weapons that take him forever to manuever through because he is an old fart who moves like a....

TANK.

so I am, unlike most of the whiners for this game, happy to see some changes that aren't even whine-able.
/end rant.
#24ejshinPosted 11/25/2012 9:53:57 AM
Arc166 posted...
Devil dodge powers the next devil attack, it does not increase style gain unviersally.

I've actually tested the Demon Dodge, and yes, it does increase your style meter like crazy no matter what weapon you use, whether it be human, angel, or demon mode. Very easy to get SS or SSS ranking this way by using power moves like Drive, Trinity Smash, and Osiris group combos.

TC, the video has very good and valid points, but I don't need someone else's opinion to sway my own. I have my own preferences, likes, and dislikes and having someone point out the flaws of something I enjoy doesn't change my mind.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it
#25FireMage7777Posted 11/25/2012 9:56:06 AM
Br3aking8ad posted...
I have heard so much whining about this game that I COULD HAVE BUILT A FREAKIN FAKE TIME MACHINE WITH ALL OF YOUR "TRUE FANBOY" TEARS.

yeah, I could have. But I didn't, because I was too busy enjoying the demo of a good game. I have never seen any fanbase cry so much over a few little changes. The story is different, OF COURSE IT ISNT GOING TO BE THE SAME. the whole system is different, it's fresh, it's new. It's supposed to be a change. The original games were like a funny pleasure. You would play them for the action then laugh at all the horrible dialogue that left all the character's mouths.

And seriously? let's drive a dang motorcycle up a freaking building and beat demons to death with it and watch as it unrealistically explodes and only the handle bars are left. OR lets ride on a freaking rocket like a skate board into capcom's face for ever thinking of bringing something fresh to a dying old tank corpse that was DMC already. Have any of you not played DMC 4? it's garbage. Trash. It doesn't deserve to have a DMC name, you fight all the same bosses TWICE, dante has a cool collection of weapons that take him forever to manuever through because he is an old fart who moves like a....

TANK.

so I am, unlike most of the whiners for this game, happy to see some changes that aren't even whine-able.
/end rant.

See what I'm saying when this board is FILLED with bad taste?
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#26Arc166Posted 11/25/2012 9:57:17 AM
Arc166 posted...
Devil dodge powers the next devil attack, it does not increase style gain unviersally.

I've actually tested the Demon Dodge, and yes, it does increase your style meter like crazy no matter what weapon you use, whether it be human, angel, or demon mode. Very easy to get SS or SSS ranking this way by using power moves like Drive, Trinity Smash, and Osiris group combos.

TC, the video has very good and valid points, but I don't need someone else's opinion to sway my own. I have my own preferences, likes, and dislikes and having someone point out the flaws of something I enjoy doesn't change my mind.

k
#27ejshinPosted 11/25/2012 9:59:45 AM
FNP88 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
FNP88 posted...

Better analogy, it's more like hanging out on the Star Wars prequels telling everyone that they suck and that anyone who likes them have bad taste and suck and how much better the originals were and that Han shot first.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it
#28testament067Posted 11/25/2012 11:41:43 AM
JuanCarlos1 posted...
My comment was more aimed at the general attitude of the negative, purist fanboys. I played Dmc back when it got released and loved it. Loved 3 and 4... even liked 2 a little bit. But most of the complaints that you guys give for hating on the game are completely ridiculous amd childish, and just come across as the biggest nerds. Specially when the original hate pretty much stems from aesthetic reasons. Now a pretty good demo comes along that actually resembles dmc gameplay and you guys even nitpick on flaws that were even in the past games (although I dislike the no lock on). I just cant stomach so much negativity. Cant you just "live and let die"? At least play the full game before deciding this game is the spawn of satan? I do sees some flaws, but I also see a bigger potential of it being a great game.

Couldn't agree more.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eqEDyEaHDk
#29JELIFISH19Posted 11/25/2012 11:49:07 AM
You could stand around and taunt in old DMCs to increase your style gauge or use it to wait for them to attack without your style gauge going down. You could do the same things he's complaining about in old DMCs. The only difference is that you have to press a button while you wait.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls