Devil May Cry has been dead for 6 years...

#1JackJunk8Posted 11/25/2012 5:35:19 PM
you just didnt know it yet, DMC4 isnt gonna be on any greatest hits list like metal gear solid 4. It just wasnt as good as it should have been and ultimately killed the series. you fans were in lala land because to you thought dmc4 was just perfect, so good that there just has to be a DMC5, but to the rest of the world it was just meh, the whole series has floundered into obscurity.

If something is left stagnating too long it either needs to die or be rebooted into something new. Ive always wanted the infamous development hell jurassic park 4, I held onto so much hope that it would redeem itself from the awful 3rd movie, but that was what I didnt realize at the time, it was the 3rd one that was the final nail in the coffin.

Hack n Slash genre, especially devil may cry is going the way of survival horror, it is broken and dying beyond hope. This New DmC is the only thing close to a proper hack n slash in today's market, and dont give me MGR because the 2 games really arent very similar, I dont want to hear any platinum fanboys on this, because thats all you care about. real metal gear fans dont even really care about revengeance that much. Also, I dont like this conception that if they simply changed the name it would be fine, because then people would just call it a devil may cry rip off and shame it even more. People say it doesnt look like devil may cry when it obviously does. Most of you have have gone past the surface combat of the devil may cry games and have dug deep into the combat, but to everyone else who didnt but still played the games, just sees a guy shooting guns and hacking demons up with a sword nothing more. People who play this game will likely do the same thing, only a select few will dig deeper into it. I talked to a friend of mine who has played the whole series through and through and I just explained to him what jump canceling is. You would be surprised how many people who play devil may cry have only scratched the surface of the gameplay and have no idea there was anymore. So my question is, why put all that in there if only a few people get it?
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#2Snipa_Wulf12Posted 11/25/2012 5:38:23 PM
TL;DR

Although your user name didn't exactly persuade me to try.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Current Main: Obsidian Dark Mage; Arty head and chest, Goughs hands, Ciarans Legs. OGS,TCC,DHS,Magic CB.
#3FireMage7777Posted 11/25/2012 5:40:54 PM
So...troll topic...I think we're done here
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#4KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/25/2012 5:41:12 PM
Even though I read your post, I'll say it anyway;

MGR looks like a better H&S, and most will agree with me. I'm a ridiculous MG fan, played all of them like 100 times, and I'm looking forward to MGR more the almost any other game. It looks like a fantastic MG game, unlike DmC looking like a good DMC game. Don't get me wrong, DmC is a pretty good H&S, but it's not a good DMC game.

MGR:R will probably do so much better. It has a better window for release, and it's not sp negatively put down. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just looking at it objectively. DmC will probably sell 1.5 mil, but MGR will probably sell more. Maybe a little over 2 mil.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#5JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 5:43:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Lord_MizerPosted 11/25/2012 5:46:20 PM
*Yawns*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#7FireMage7777Posted 11/25/2012 5:47:31 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...
*Yawns*

*sits in Mizer's lawn chair*
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#8Snipa_Wulf12Posted 11/25/2012 5:47:58 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
Snipa_Wulf12 posted...
TL;DR

Although your user name didn't exactly persuade me to try.

thats exactly what is wrong you people these days, you say you want a hard and difficult dmc game where dante has a crap load of combos and weapons, and yet you dont have the patience to get better or even use any them for that matter, nor the simple patience to read. was that too long for ya a*********

TL;DR
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Current Main: Obsidian Dark Mage; Arty head and chest, Goughs hands, Ciarans Legs. OGS,TCC,DHS,Magic CB.
#9JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 5:51:35 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Even though I read your post, I'll say it anyway;

MGR looks like a better H&S, and most will agree with me. I'm a ridiculous MG fan, played all of them like 100 times, and I'm looking forward to MGR more the almost any other game. It looks like a fantastic MG game, unlike DmC looking like a good DMC game. Don't get me wrong, DmC is a pretty good H&S, but it's not a good DMC game.

MGR:R will probably do so much better. It has a better window for release, and it's not sp negatively put down. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just looking at it objectively. DmC will probably sell 1.5 mil, but MGR will probably sell more. Maybe a little over 2 mil.

tell me, who knows about mgr? besides the fans?

wanna know why crap games like COD sell so well, it because of the advertising. you cant walk into walmart or past a red box without knowing about black ops 2, hell you can get a copy at the register. When will MGR get a tv spot? how the hell will anybody it is coming out besides the people looking for it. Platinum should get an award for the best games nobody played. More people should have know about dmc4, not that it would have helped that much seeing how it just wasnt that spectacular.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#10YumeOMiruPosted 11/25/2012 5:55:34 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
you just didnt know it yet, DMC4 isnt gonna be on any greatest hits list like metal gear solid 4. It just wasnt as good as it should have been and ultimately killed the series. you fans were in lala land because to you thought dmc4 was just perfect, so good that there just has to be a DMC5, but to the rest of the world it was just meh, the whole series has floundered into obscurity.

If something is left stagnating too long it either needs to die or be rebooted into something new. Ive always wanted the infamous development hell jurassic park 4, I held onto so much hope that it would redeem itself from the awful 3rd movie, but that was what I didnt realize at the time, it was the 3rd one that was the final nail in the coffin.

Hack n Slash genre, especially devil may cry is going the way of survival horror, it is broken and dying beyond hope. This New DmC is the only thing close to a proper hack n slash in today's market, and dont give me MGR because the 2 games really arent very similar, I dont want to hear any platinum fanboys on this, because thats all you care about. real metal gear fans dont even really care about revengeance that much. Also, I dont like this conception that if they simply changed the name it would be fine, because then people would just call it a devil may cry rip off and shame it even more. People say it doesnt look like devil may cry when it obviously does. Most of you have have gone past the surface combat of the devil may cry games and have dug deep into the combat, but to everyone else who didnt but still played the games, just sees a guy shooting guns and hacking demons up with a sword nothing more. People who play this game will likely do the same thing, only a select few will dig deeper into it. I talked to a friend of mine who has played the whole series through and through and I just explained to him what jump canceling is. You would be surprised how many people who play devil may cry have only scratched the surface of the gameplay and have no idea there was anymore. So my question is, why put all that in there if only a few people get it?

MGSR will be so awesome, is developed by Plat. They´re awesome and DMC 4 is great fun when you play as Dante. To answer the question, because that´s called love.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.