Devil May Cry has been dead for 6 years...

#11KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/25/2012 5:58:25 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Even though I read your post, I'll say it anyway;

MGR looks like a better H&S, and most will agree with me. I'm a ridiculous MG fan, played all of them like 100 times, and I'm looking forward to MGR more the almost any other game. It looks like a fantastic MG game, unlike DmC looking like a good DMC game. Don't get me wrong, DmC is a pretty good H&S, but it's not a good DMC game.

MGR:R will probably do so much better. It has a better window for release, and it's not sp negatively put down. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just looking at it objectively. DmC will probably sell 1.5 mil, but MGR will probably sell more. Maybe a little over 2 mil.

tell me, who knows about mgr? besides the fans?

wanna know why crap games like COD sell so well, it because of the advertising. you cant walk into walmart or past a red box without knowing about black ops 2, hell you can get a copy at the register. When will MGR get a tv spot? how the hell will anybody it is coming out besides the people looking for it. Platinum should get an award for the best games nobody played. More people should have know about dmc4, not that it would have helped that much seeing how it just wasnt that spectacular.

Well all the advertising for DmC seems to have done wonders.... oh wait.

See, MGR hasn't had anywhere near as much publicity or info released... and people still say it looks better. They release one kickass trailer at whatever the next expo coming up is (the VGA's, right?) and people will go nuts. People have seen so much DmC, they're sick of it. If/when Platinum releases a good trailer soon, a lot more people will start looking at MGR. Hell, the MGS series didn't really have a crap ton of advertising, but they were very successful. I'd say everyone who knew about MGS knows about MGR. With GZ, people are more then willing to give it a chance.

Also, there's a Gray Fox skin. Gray Fox has almost as many fans as Solid Snake. That right there guaranteed a few preorders. This game has DLC that looks better then the actual game. not many people will pay $60 for a few hours of DLC.

As it stands, it looks like MGR will be more successful. The chances DmC will do better are pretty low. It'll still do okay, but it won't do better.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#12KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/25/2012 5:59:28 PM
YumeOMiru posted...
MGSR will be so awesome, is developed by Plat. They´re awesome and DMC 4 is great fun when you play as Dante. To answer the question, because that´s called love.

It's MGR;R, not MGSR. Rising has nothing to do with Solid anymore. It's its own thing.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#13megamaticsPosted 11/25/2012 6:02:03 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
Snipa_Wulf12 posted...
TL;DR

Although your user name didn't exactly persuade me to try.

thats exactly what is wrong you people these days, you say you want a hard and difficult dmc game where dante has a crap load of combos and weapons, and yet you dont have the patience to get better or even use any them for that matter, nor the simple patience to read. was that too long for ya a*********

I picked up the DmC demo and played it on the hardest available difficulty. Didn't die a single time and barely knew any of the combos or moves available. I just thought I'd play Beyonetta with that same mindset and got wrecked quite a few times by the enemies. I then became more calculating with my combos and not being too greedy to avoid attacks when enemies eventually parry me. in DmC when I did such a thing I blew through the demo undamaged.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#14sundet84Posted 11/25/2012 6:03:02 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

MGR looks like a better H&S, and most will agree with me. I'm a ridiculous MG fan, played all of them like 100 times, and I'm looking forward to MGR more the almost any other game. It looks like a fantastic MG game, unlike DmC looking like a good DMC game. Don't get me wrong, DmC is a pretty good H&S, but it's not a good DMC game.

MGR:R will probably do so much better. It has a better window for release, and it's not sp negatively put down. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just looking at it objectively. DmC will probably sell 1.5 mil, but MGR will probably sell more. Maybe a little over 2 mil.

wanna know why crap games like COD sell so well, it because of the advertising. you cant walk into walmart or past a red box without knowing about black ops 2, hell you can get a copy at the register. When will MGR get a tv spot? how the hell will anybody it is coming out besides the people looking for it. Platinum should get an award for the best games nobody played. More people should have know about dmc4, not that it would have helped that much seeing how it just wasnt that spectacular.

See, MGR hasn't had anywhere near as much publicity or info released... and people still say it looks better. They release one kickass trailer at whatever the next expo coming up is (the VGA's, right?) and people will go nuts. People have seen so much DmC, they're sick of it. If/when Platinum releases a good trailer soon, a lot more people will start looking at MGR. Hell, the MGS series didn't really have a crap ton of advertising, but they were very successful. I'd say everyone who knew about MGS knows about MGR. With GZ, people are more then willing to give it a chance.

Also, there's a Gray Fox skin. Gray Fox has almost as many fans as Solid Snake. That right there guaranteed a few preorders. This game has DLC that looks better then the actual game. not many people will pay $60 for a few hours of DLC.

As it stands, it looks like MGR will be more successful. The chances DmC will do better are pretty low. It'll still do okay, but it won't do better.

yeah. and thats why whit allmoste 5000 votes on the demo on ps store the game is rated 4.5 of 5 stars. and rated 4 of 5 stars on xbox. you are right. people are sick if DmC
#15Gen2000Posted 11/25/2012 6:05:02 PM
JackJunk8 posted...

MGR is the 4th most requested game in Japan. DmC is 23rd. This is the land of gaming where Monster Hunter is God and they actually like their RPGs so that's pretty impressive for MGR.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#16Shinra-ArmyPosted 11/25/2012 6:05:10 PM
Snipa_Wulf12 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
Snipa_Wulf12 posted...
TL;DR

Although your user name didn't exactly persuade me to try.

thats exactly what is wrong you people these days, you say you want a hard and difficult dmc game where dante has a crap load of combos and weapons, and yet you dont have the patience to get better or even use any them for that matter, nor the simple patience to read. was that too long for ya a*********

TL;DR

lmao
---
WRRYYYYers posted...
I am a former Spetsnaz operative and I have killed a taekwondo master before.
#17KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/25/2012 6:06:07 PM
sundet84 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

yeah. and thats why whit allmoste 5000 votes on the demo on ps store the game is rated 4.5 of 5 stars. and rated 4 of 5 stars on xbox. you are right. people are sick if DmC

Compare that to all the other demos. There's not many demo's with awful scores. And only 5000? Well if 5000 people buy it, that'll make Capcom the two million sells thy want!

Or not. Yes, people are sick of seeing DmC advertisements. The media never shuts up about this game. It's annoying. Hell, I hate even when games I like are shown too much.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#18megamaticsPosted 11/25/2012 6:06:14 PM
sundet84 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Amy is Rated 4/5 on the PSN store. That game was the worst game to come out this year. Why do you use such a rating scale to justify how good it is or not when it most likely isn't trustworthy ?
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#19sundet84Posted 11/25/2012 6:22:26 PM
megamatics posted...
sundet84 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Amy is Rated 4/5 on the PSN store. That game was the worst game to come out this year. Why do you use such a rating scale to justify how good it is or not when it most likely isn't trustworthy ?

Amy is rated 2/5 on the EU ps store. And that rating scale are just as trustworthy as the polls on gamefaqs
#20malicemizerfanPosted 11/25/2012 6:27:05 PM
Gen2000 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...

MGR is the 4th most requested game in Japan. DmC is 23rd. This is the land of gaming where Monster Hunter is God and they actually like their RPGs so that's pretty impressive for MGR.

now if only they would bring monster hunter to the ps3, that would be amazing.