Devil May Cry has been dead for 6 years...

#21mad_hax_manPosted 11/25/2012 5:46:27 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
you just didnt know it yet, DMC4 isnt gonna be on any greatest hits list like metal gear solid 4. It just wasnt as good as it should have been and ultimately killed the series. you fans were in lala land because to you thought dmc4 was just perfect, so good that there just has to be a DMC5, but to the rest of the world it was just meh, the whole series has floundered into obscurity.

I like the fact that you back up your argument with things like statistics and other sources

DMC4 was well liked. It wasn't considered a revolution, but it didn't receive the same backlash that a lot of pro DmC would have you believe, and certainly didn't damage the brand enough to warrant a reboot.

If something is left stagnating too long it either needs to die or be rebooted into something new. Ive always wanted the infamous development hell jurassic park 4, I held onto so much hope that it would redeem itself from the awful 3rd movie, but that was what I didnt realize at the time, it was the 3rd one that was the final nail in the coffin.

So your definition of a series going stagnate is one game not revolutionizing the series? Heck, the difference between DMC3 and 4 is bigger than GoW1 and GoW3.

Stagnation is bad. Its just the Capcom completely jumped the gun to avoid it. Its the whole "They cut their heads off to avoid shaving" metaphor.

Hack n Slash genre, especially devil may cry is going the way of survival horror, it is broken and dying beyond hope.

The reason the extreme Japanese H&S is hurting is the exact same reason Survival Horror is on life support. Its because game companies are trying to whore out games from a niche genre to a casual market.
When you get companies are investing in a genre because they are focused on making the best game of that genre, you still get great games, like Bayonetta and Amnesia.

This New DmC is the only thing close to a proper hack n slash in today's market, and dont give me MGR because the 2 games really arent very similar, I dont want to hear any platinum fanboys on this, because thats all you care about. real metal gear fans dont even really care about revengeance that much.

I love it whenever some one brings up the real fans argument, and how you dismiss MGR for no reason.

Also, I dont like this conception that if they simply changed the name it would be fine, because then people would just call it a devil may cry rip off and shame it even more. People say it doesnt look like devil may cry when it obviously does. Most of you have have gone past the surface combat of the devil may cry games and have dug deep into the combat, but to everyone else who didnt but still played the games, just sees a guy shooting guns and hacking demons up with a sword nothing more. People who play this game will likely do the same thing, only a select few will dig deeper into it. I talked to a friend of mine who has played the whole series through and through and I just explained to him what jump canceling is. You would be surprised how many people who play devil may cry have only scratched the surface of the gameplay and have no idea there was anymore. So my question is, why put all that in there if only a few people get it?

Because a) its not just a few people, it maybe a minority, but its a big minority , and b) why isolate those more dedicated fans just to cut cost? Its the hardcore fans that will keep on coming back to the series as long as you don't piss them off too much, where as those who don't dig deeper are more likely to move onto a next franchise.

And its not like its just the gameplay that's changed. The aesthetics, characters, mood etc etc have also all changed.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#22ShadowBoyZXPosted 11/25/2012 5:58:04 PM
Stopped reading at "you fans were in lala land because to you thought dmc4 was just perfect" Nope, I didn't and I don't know many that do. It was good, definitley could've been better but it brought up a lot of questions. It sold 2.7 million copies, which according to this chart is more than any DMC had sold before.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090123043519/vgsales/images/3/34/Devil_May_Cry_sales_figures.png

Even if that's due to it being available for both PS3 and 360, that's pretty decent. So no it didn't kill the series, Capcom's greed did.
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#23DarkNight11Posted 11/25/2012 6:03:32 PM
I dont want to hear any platinum fanboys on this, because thats all you care about.

Damn straight, and f***ing proud of it.
I'll give my support to P* as long as they keep delivering quality games.
---
Anyone questioning SpongeBob's sexuality has something to hide themselves.
#24KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/25/2012 6:05:18 PM
DarkNight11 posted...
I dont want to hear any platinum fanboys on this, because thats all you care about.

They haven't dissapointed yet.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#25Lord_MizerPosted 11/25/2012 6:05:59 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DarkNight11 posted...

They haven't dissapointed yet.

Indeed.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#26Hunter1534Posted 11/25/2012 6:29:41 PM
Lol jackjunk. What a f****** dunce and a joke
---
Yo momma got caught givin' up neck in the bathroom at the Woodcrest country club, and it wasn't yo daddy.
#27JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 8:24:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28FireMage7777Posted 11/25/2012 8:26:55 PM
Reported for flaming
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#29JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 8:30:28 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
You people just cant admit that you are the ones that are jokes and the media and the rest of the gaming world are laughing at you. You idiots hold platinum at such high regard when they are practically nobodies, not that NT are either, you got me on that one. But think of it like this: it's like a really good actor tries out for a role in a movie, has all the technical chops, been to acting school, what have you, but he wont get cast because nobody really knows who he is, he has no marketing.

Platinum may know how to make a good game but they suck getting people to know they are worth a damn. DmC has what it takes to break through, perhaps not with scum like you but with everybody who wants to play a decent action game, not some overly complicated japanese garbage. why do you think japanese gaming is dying? they just dont get it. play resi6, watch how they desperately want to be western developers.

yeah.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#30arlovski_99Posted 11/25/2012 8:36:17 PM
JackJunk8 is possibly the worst person on this board right along side shatter please leave unless you actually have something intelligent to say.