DMC3 had a good story!

#11KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/27/2012 11:27:22 PM
mmSNAKE posted...
It's amazing people still rattle about this. For those that believe any DMC game have good stories, they are either kidding themselves or they have extremely low standards in what a good story should be.

The story in the games was passable. It wasn't atrocious, it was decent enough to get few jokes in and some over the top action to glue in between the gameplay segments. The overall character development and plot complexity is almost non existent or just forced.

Hardly any games have "good" stories. There are only about a handful of games that have good plots and character progression, and even then there are faults. Even games which people do buy for story and character progression are just a fix on something they like it doesn't make it outstanding, just enjoyable.

I don't know.... Heavy Rain was pretty outstanding. Now THAT was some Hollywood quality stuff. I keep that game with my movies instead of the other games.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#12mmSNAKEPosted 11/27/2012 11:32:35 PM(edited)
I don't know.... Heavy Rain was pretty outstanding. Now THAT was some Hollywood quality stuff. I keep that game with my movies instead of the other games.

I can't say anything here because I didn't play it. Also hollywood isn't that good in storytelling. For really good stories you have to watch specifics of: tv series, anime, visual novels and naturally hit the books.

This game is going to prove that last part wrong, right?

That actually had me laugh.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#13ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 11:31:49 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
mmSNAKE posted...
It's amazing people still rattle about this. For those that believe any DMC game have good stories, they are either kidding themselves or they have extremely low standards in what a good story should be.

The story in the games was passable. It wasn't atrocious, it was decent enough to get few jokes in and some over the top action to glue in between the gameplay segments. The overall character development and plot complexity is almost non existent or just forced.

Hardly any games have "good" stories. There are only about a handful of games that have good plots and character progression, and even then there are faults. Even games which people do buy for story and character progression are just a fix on something they like it doesn't make it outstanding, just enjoyable.

I thought DMC3 had a better story than HR. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed HR but it was hardly groundbreaking.

And saying HOLLYWOOD style isn't really a compliment IMO.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#14roxas9001Posted 11/27/2012 11:31:59 PM
3 retconned the novel no thanks.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#15KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/27/2012 11:33:18 PM
mmSNAKE posted...

I can't say anything here because I didn't play it. Also hollywood isn't that good in storytelling. For really good stories you have to watch specifics of: tv series, anime, visual novels and naturally hit the books.

Well, Hollywood does have some great stuff. Stuff like Se7en. I loved that movie, and I really got a vibe like that when playing HR. Pretty much everything went into the story. The whole game was like an interactive movie.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#16_Uwye_Posted 11/27/2012 11:35:44 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I don't know.... Heavy Rain was pretty outstanding.

Isn't HR full of plotholes and pacing issues?
#17mmSNAKEPosted 11/27/2012 11:35:57 PM
Well, Hollywood does have some great stuff. Stuff like Se7en. I loved that movie, and I really got a vibe like that when playing HR. Pretty much everything went into the story. The whole game was like an interactive movie.

I mean it does have good things. Shawshank Redemption is one of my top films and outstanding example of great character portrayal, however in terms of really deep story telling it still does not compare to the other mediums I listed.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#18KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/27/2012 11:36:57 PM
mmSNAKE posted...

I mean it does have good things. Shawshank Redemption is one of my top films and outstanding example of great character portrayal, however in terms of really deep story telling it still does not compare to the other mediums I listed.

I love that movie. The story was good too. Funny story, my dad did the sound editing for Shawshank ^_^

When he told me, he grew a little more awesome in my eyes lol.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#19DuuuDe14Posted 11/27/2012 11:37:03 PM
Metal Gear Solid nuff said.

I'm watching a lets play of MGS4. As i never had the chance to play it. Its not nearly as nanomachine filled as people said but DEAR LORD its a goddamn movie. 5 hours of cutscenes.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
http://i.imgur.com/QqM2W.jpg Silly Tameem, DMCs are for Kamiya.- Solid_Belmont
#20KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/27/2012 11:40:01 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Metal Gear Solid nuff said.

I'm watching a lets play of MGS4. As i never had the chance to play it. Its not nearly as nanomachine filled as people said but DEAR LORD its a goddamn movie. 5 hours of cutscenes.

I love one thing about your post.... you aren't exaggerating. I literally timed one of the cut-scenes, just one. Over 20 min. I still loved that game.... but they don't really have the greatest stories....
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]