DMC3 had a good story!

#101FireMage7777Posted 11/28/2012 4:23:58 PM
mmSNAKE posted...

Exactly, Vergil is Dante's adversary, and Arkham is the one with the evil agenda

Being a villain isn't a role. It's a description.

Arkham was both a villain and the stories primary antagonist.
Vergil served his role as essentially the deuteragonist

Pretty much this.^

It's both actually. Plslrn2herocode
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#102RichterB17Posted 11/28/2012 4:47:17 PM
ShinWesker posted...
Why do people act like it was "bad" or "nobody cares" ?

I thought DMC3 had a good story. Sure it wasn't really deep but still all characters developed and had their nice moments. The Ending was good too, that's all I need.
I felt WITH the characters.

It doesn't need to be pretentious (Neon Genesis Evangelion) or deep like Silent Hill 2 (awesome story btw).

I agree as well. When I played it after buying the HD collection I was surprised at how good it was. I also realized that DMC1 Dante seemed kinda dumb, but that's just my opinion.
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#103Dragoon_KailPosted 11/28/2012 4:50:56 PM
So DJ_Slayer07 "The parallels run a lot deeper than just having JYB voice the main character. I doubt they were consciously making the decision to try and imitate Bleach (that quip about them trying to capitalize on Bleach's success was a joke, since you seemed to miss it), especially since some elements of Bleach that I mentioned above didn't even happen until after DMC4 was out, but that wasn't my point. My point was that the plots of DMC4 and Bleach are undeniably similar, and that the writers probably just threw something together that they thought would give the game mass appeal."

lol okay, so it's coincidently based on bleach while basing it on bleach but only by accident since dmc4 came out in 2008 and was being worked on since 2005 or so, but the plot was thrown together? what the fuuuuu?

allright, so it follows typical japanese action plot and two common voice actors (3 if you want to count liam o'brian) and that's the only connection between the two, pretty sure my explanation made more sense
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#104DJ_Slayer07Posted 11/28/2012 5:10:32 PM
Dragoon_Kail posted...
lol okay, so it's coincidently based on bleach while basing it on bleach but only by accident since dmc4 came out in 2008 and was being worked on since 2005 or so, but the plot was thrown together? what the fuuuuu?

allright, so it follows typical japanese action plot and two common voice actors (3 if you want to count liam o'brian) and that's the only connection between the two, pretty sure my explanation made more sense

What are you even talking about? Seriously, your posts are borderline incomprehensible, and from what little I can gather, you're completely missing my point. I don't know why you're even bothering, since I only made that original comment in response to someone else asking me a question.

Go ahead and make some asinine response if you want to, I'm done here. No point in wasting my time on someone whose just trying to start something.
---
"I don't go looking for trouble, but I'll fight back if trouble finds me."
--Amarant, Final Fantasy IX
#105-BrokenSpiral-Posted 11/28/2012 5:19:55 PM
posting in topic because Legacy of Kain and its best character were mentioned
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki <=== QFT
Rinoa Heartilly = My most hated RPG character
#106roxas9001Posted 11/28/2012 6:41:30 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
He was supposed to be

It was terrible, he is terrible.

was there for motivation,

She was only there to do the cliche anime gasps.

because Dante had a facelift in DMC3, I mean DMC1 Dante kind of sucked, so?

DMC1 Dante was balanced unlike the trash in 3 & 4.

you fail to comprehend JYB's awesomeness is your fault, not DMC4's

Bleach caused me to dislike that guy.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#107FireMage7777Posted 11/28/2012 6:43:54 PM
roxas9001 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
He was supposed to be

It was terrible, he is terrible.

was there for motivation,

She was only there to do the cliche anime gasps.

because Dante had a facelift in DMC3, I mean DMC1 Dante kind of sucked, so?

DMC1 Dante was balanced unlike the trash in 3 & 4.

you fail to comprehend JYB's awesomeness is your fault, not DMC4's

Bleach caused me to dislike that guy.

Wow, Retcon your opinion is worse than I thought
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#108mmSNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 6:51:22 PM
It's both actually.

Villain isn't a role. It's a description. People just use it as synonym because in a lot of times antagonist is a villain, there can be antagonist where there is no villain character. Any of man vs nature stories, movies like Rocky and such. Also villains can also be protagonists (the broken empire book series). In a sense the anti-hero Kain can fit that description until you get enough story to understand that he is the "big good".

Antagonist is the role that is named after a force which opposes the protagonist. Vergil opposes Dante but overall he isn't the "big bad", Arkham is. That is what makes him the main antagonist, who or what the villain is was irrelevant to my original post.

posting in topic because Legacy of Kain and its best character were mentioned

The clans tell tales of him...Few know the truth.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#109roxas9001Posted 11/28/2012 6:58:22 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Wow, Retcon your opinion is worse than I thought

Don't Care DMC4 is terrible overall.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#110mmSNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 6:59:36 PM
Don't Care DMC4 is terrible overall.

And why is it terrible if I may ask?
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!