DMC3 had a good story!

#121mmSNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 7:32:55 PM
He was made to appeal to chicks, DMC4 was to appeal to chicks.

What sort of argument is this when we are arguing about a game that has the biggest focus on whacking people with a stick. If you play DMC for story it's fine for you, but that's not what the games are made for.

Instead of progressing forward he goes back, back into that annoying DMC3 mode.

See my first response.

I certainly don't have my Hyper Fist.

Sarcasm, great way to logically prove your point.

Backtracking itself isn't bad, its stupidly bad in this game though.

A>B>C but C>A yup!!! (see sarcasm WITH logic)

Those braindead clowns at Crapcom can't think of nothing without butchering things. I hope that they go outta business soon & DMC is sent back home to Kamiya where it belongs.

Because insults help solve any debate. You would be a great politician :)
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#122FireMage7777Posted 11/28/2012 7:33:05 PM
mmSNAKE posted...
You did not understand a damn thing I said. Antagonist is what is the driving force against the protagonist and his agenda. Arkham was the cause of the problem, he was the big bad. He is the main antagonist....It's that simple. He is also a villain.

Vergil fits deuteragonist a hell lot more than antagonist, because he even sides with Dante against the "big bad".

*buzzer sound* Wrong again!

an·tag·o·nist ( n-t g -n st) n. 1. One who opposes and contends against another; an adversary. 2. The principal character in opposition to the protagonist or hero of a narrative or drama.

Vergil is better suited as both. Arkham does not however he is the bigger threat, aka big bad, aka villain. Plsstopembarrassingyourself
---
How do you say "I need more power" in dinosaur? RAAAAAWR!!!
#123ShadowZero007Posted 11/28/2012 7:34:34 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
mmSNAKE posted...
And you're right Vergil DOES oppose Dante, hence why he is the main antagonist, whereas Arkham who is the big bad doesn't really oppose Dante or his ideals, and is more of a threat is the main villain. Class dismissed

No that is not the way it works. In that case anything that directly opposes Dante would have a bigger role. Those hell minions. No. Arkham was the cause, and the problem why Dante was put throughout most of this. Vergil just tagged along for his own agenda. The big bad, is the major cause of grief in a story. It's what defines the main antagonist, hell even if that antagonist is hidden until the very end it still makes them the main one because they are the force behind it all.

And hell yeah he opposes Dante. Dante stood for some sort of good, otherwise he wouldn't stick his neck out to kill Demons or help others. Arkham does not care who he hurts to gets what he wants, and being the one that started that mess that makes him the main problem.

Villain IS a role, which isn't mutually exclusive with the antagonist. Plslrn2literature

Please look up villain in the dictionary BEFORE you make that sort of remark. It is not mutually exclusive, it can g one way but it doesn't hold for every case. The juvenile insult doesn't help either.

Vergul IS the antagonist...I mean seriously how does one argue against this, he outright claims it due to directly opposing Dante and his IDEALS (this is a key words so take notes). Now Arkham is the primary villain as A Vergil's motives are less evil than Arkham's and B he doesn't truly oppose Dante's ideals (there's that word again) Thank you for your time

Arkham is a villain. He is also the story's antagonist.
Vergil serves as an antagonistic driving force but he does so as the deuteragonist.

"In literature, the deuteragonist is the second most important character, after the protagonist and before the tritagonist.[1] The deuteragonist may switch from being with or against the protagonist depending on the deuteragonist's own conflict/plot."

---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#124mmSNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 7:35:17 PM

Vergil is better suited as both. Arkham does not however he is the bigger threat, aka big bad, aka villain. Plsstopembarrassingyourself

We already answered this to you multiple times. If you didn't catch on by now there is no point.
---
#125FireMage7777Posted 11/28/2012 7:36:18 PM
mmSNAKE posted...

We already answered this to you multiple times. If you didn't catch on by now there is no point.

You answered incorrectly
---
#126roxas9001Posted 11/28/2012 7:36:36 PM
mmSNAKE posted...

What sort of argument is this when we are arguing about a game that has the biggest focus on whacking people with a stick. If you play DMC for story it's fine for you, but that's not what the games are made for.

See my first response.

Those braindead clowns at Crapcom can't think of nothing without butchering things. I hope that they go outta business soon & DMC is sent back home to Kamiya where it belongs.

Look I really don't care what you think of my opinion but DMC4 did more harm than good.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#127FireMage7777Posted 11/28/2012 7:40:03 PM(edited)
roxas9001 posted...
mmSNAKE posted...

See my first response.

Look I really don't care what you think of my opinion but DMC4 did more harm than good.

No, it didn't

Also Hyper Fist was a Beowulf move, not a Swordmaster move
---
#128mmSNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 7:38:13 PM

Where is your proof? Can you say who said what and what decisions were made because of they way DMC4 was, relating to how this game was made?
---
#129Dragoon_KailPosted 11/28/2012 8:04:41 PM
DJ_Slayer07 posted...
Dragoon_Kail posted...
lol okay, so it's coincidently based on bleach while basing it on bleach but only by accident since dmc4 came out in 2008 and was being worked on since 2005 or so, but the plot was thrown together? what the fuuuuu?

allright, so it follows typical japanese action plot and two common voice actors (3 if you want to count liam o'brian) and that's the only connection between the two, pretty sure my explanation made more sense

What are you even talking about? Seriously, your posts are borderline incomprehensible, and from what little I can gather, you're completely missing my point. I don't know why you're even bothering, since I only made that original comment in response to someone else asking me a question.

Go ahead and make some asinine response if you want to, I'm done here. No point in wasting my time on someone whose just trying to start something.

Well, sorry you're butt hurt because i disagree :P
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#130mmSNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 8:06:29 PM
Ugh, Bleach was mentioned here... *shivers with disgust*
---