DMC3 had a good story!

#21DuuuDe14Posted 11/27/2012 11:42:20 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Metal Gear Solid nuff said.

I'm watching a lets play of MGS4. As i never had the chance to play it. Its not nearly as nanomachine filled as people said but DEAR LORD its a goddamn movie. 5 hours of cutscenes.

I love one thing about your post.... you aren't exaggerating. I literally timed one of the cut-scenes, just one. Over 20 min. I still loved that game.... but they don't really have the greatest stories....

BLASPHEMER!!!! Na i love the series. I really do, KOJIMA DA MAN. But the stories were good but sometimes confusing. You really have to play every single game to piece the story together.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
http://i.imgur.com/QqM2W.jpg Silly Tameem, DMCs are for Kamiya.- Solid_Belmont
#22mmSNAKEPosted 11/27/2012 11:43:22 PM
Metal Gear series is one of few examples where they do a lot of things right in story telling. Great soundtrack, voice acting, flawed characters and good plot. It does go a bit crazy on the sci-fi side in the 4th game but still a really solid finish to the series.

Another example of the top of my head: Legacy of Kain. I was 11 when Soul Reaver came out and I loved it back then, but it wasn't until I got a bit older that I got to appreciate the fine points that series covered.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#23KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/27/2012 11:44:29 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Metal Gear Solid nuff said.

I'm watching a lets play of MGS4. As i never had the chance to play it. Its not nearly as nanomachine filled as people said but DEAR LORD its a goddamn movie. 5 hours of cutscenes.

I love one thing about your post.... you aren't exaggerating. I literally timed one of the cut-scenes, just one. Over 20 min. I still loved that game.... but they don't really have the greatest stories....

BLASPHEMER!!!! Na i love the series. I really do, KOJIMA DA MAN. But the stories were good but sometimes confusing. You really have to play every single game to piece the story together.

I agree, but I feel like they try to make the stories better by putting in too much. Quantity=/=Quality. They're still good games with great stories, but I feel like they try a little too hard. Most gamers playing are like "What? When do I get to sneak again? Wait, he's my twin? WHAT'S GOING........ COOL A CYBORG NINJA!!!!! *keeps playing*"
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#24DuuuDe14Posted 11/27/2012 11:48:46 PM
2 had the most confusing story by far. I go in trying to save the president, defuse some C4, rescue some hostages. Then BAM Ninja, a third twin, presidents dead and now corruption and secret control of all media? Saaaai whaaaaaa?????
---
#25KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 11/27/2012 11:50:24 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
2 had the most confusing story by far. I go in trying to save the president, defuse some C4, rescue some hostages. Then BAM Ninja, a third twin, presidents dead and now corruption and secret control of all media? Saaaai whaaaaaa?????

MGS2 is my second favorite..... none of them were as good as MGS1 for me.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#26Pesmerga255Posted 11/27/2012 11:51:30 PM
MGS2 had awful gameplay. The tanker and last section were alright, but the entire Plant section was boring. Snake Eater is my favourite out of all of them. I think I've been through it around 25 times in total.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#27DuuuDe14Posted 11/27/2012 11:51:58 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

MGS2 is my second favorite..... none of them were as good as MGS1 for me.

1 will always have a special place in my heart. But i liked 2 as well...during the 3rd playthrough when i finally made sense of everything.
---
#28mmSNAKEPosted 11/27/2012 11:52:26 PM
You know when I first played MGS2 i was confused as all hell. It wasn't till about year or two later than I realized due to arsenal gear's influence on Raiden did most of the things make sense.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#29VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/27/2012 11:56:15 PM
I think my favorite video game story is either Silent Hill 3 or Spec Ops: The Line. Greatly enjoyed the layers and character development in both. I also love all of the Yakuza games' plots a whole lot, though they can be a bit derivative at times.

Though, to be honest, I usually prefer my game writing more on the humorous side. In that regard, I found Saints Row 2, Max Payne 2, Borderlands 2, and Resident Evil 4 to be brilliant dark comedies.
#30DuuuDe14Posted 11/27/2012 11:56:59 PM
mmSNAKE posted...
You know when I first played MGS2 i was confused as all hell. It wasn't till about year or two later than I realized due to arsenal gear's influence on Raiden did most of the things make sense.

And that cutscene with the multiple RAYS. Dear got that scene was like 40 minutes long. I've fallen asleep watching it so many times.
---